Ante's Syberia Fan Page

Syberian community related topics.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Ante » Tue 14 Nov 2006 20:34

Damn, damn...

Bought a PCI graphic card for my pc (featured in Post your setup thread) and Half Life 2 Holiday Edition. Then tried to install the graphic card - nothing. The PC refused to boot when it was installed. I tried to Disable the motherboard build in video card and booted. Nothing good happened. The screen was blank and I had no way to enable that setting (since the only working video output was disabled). Then did some searching and found a way to restore the BIOS settings by removing the battery. Where is that? Like there was not enough trouble already I had to remove the DVD drive and HD to get my hands on the battery and remove it. Then put it back on, booted without that PCI card.

I took one photo from the BIOS that came after I tried to boot the machine with the PCI graphic card http://picasaweb.google.com/ante.mulari ... erProblems

Now I remember why I hate computers. But anyway - can you tech gurus help me? The PC is Asus Pundit-R.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu 16 Nov 2006 04:57

Ante can you clarify me few things first...do you have pci or pci express slot? After a little search i did not find x800 pci cards...but maybe i was not thorough.
I suppose you conected power to it if its needed? :P
what if you try puting it into other slot? (if its pci card)

and whats your motherboard?

on a side note if this is the pc you have:
http://sg.asus.com/products4.aspx?model ... &l2=3&l3=0

pci version of x800 wont help you much compared to radeon 9100 because of the pci bandwith limitations.
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Thu 16 Nov 2006 09:30

David, my PC can be found at http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/barebone/ ... 34427.html

The motherboard is P4S8L
http://www.barbones.com/index.php?page=pundit2a

The PCI graphic card is ATI Club 3D Radeon 9250
http://www.club-3d.nl/distri/productinf ... A-9258PTVD

The power gives 200 W - I suppose it's enough for both the PC and the graphic card. The card doesn't have a connector for the power.

Any ideas are wellcome. I like this machine since it's small and quiet but if it prevents me playing any 3d-games with reasonable settings I might want to get a better one.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Mon 20 Nov 2006 10:45

Hello everyone once again

I havn't been wasting my time fighting with my current PC. Any help is really appreciated anyway.

Have you guys been watching the show called "My Name is Earl". Last weekend I watched something like 24 episodes in a row. It got me hooked on some level but now I noticed that the progress in this show is very minimal. Dailymotion website is really your friend when you don't have tv and can settle for below than average picture and sound quality.

Sunday was somewhat really good. The sun was shining and the snow had melted away. Felt like spring - the best time in a year.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Mon 20 Nov 2006 21:20

Ante wrote:Sunday was somewhat really good. The sun was shining and the snow had melted away. Felt like spring - the best time in a year.

And we haven't even had our first permanent snow yet. Only lots of melted snow..

And then someone has put lights on the trees on my street... *insert depressed face here*
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Pifou » Sun 3 Dec 2006 12:16

Hi mate,

hmm...
1) normaly, if you have the possibility to disable the onboard video integrated device from your BIOS, your computer should boot on your new PCI video card without any problem.
But when exploring your BIOS settings capabilities, i didn't see any option like this...
i must say, if you do not have the possibility to "deactivate" the onboard video from the BIOS --> it will never work...
2) to restore BIOS default setting, it is not necessary to remove the battery from the mother board. Normaly there's an option like "restore BIOS default setting" in your BIOS.

++
Pif
Pifou
Shaman

Postby gail » Mon 15 Jan 2007 00:22

The quote below is from your Syberia fan site.
Merula Alba

The database I used for searching information doesn't know Merula Alba. So it must be either very rare or Mr. Sokal probably invented it just like the "Amerzone Cuckoo". The English translation of Syberia 2 speaks about White Raven. Well, the white is right, but...

"Alba" = White

"Turdus merula" = Blackbird
Hey, maybe Benoit Sokal was giving his business "White Bird Productions" some free advertising. :D
gail
Site Admin

Re: Ante's Syberia Fan Page

Postby avskum » Sun 20 May 2007 09:52

Do you think you will ever make a similar page about Syberia II ?
Keep up the good work!
" My brain hurts ! "
avskum
Youki

Postby Ante » Sat 29 Sep 2007 08:27

A week after my birthday I went to see Senta and say in her house for the entire weekend. This is what I saw while visiting there (and yes, all these pictures are close to the place where she lives)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ante.mulari/Mustio
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Sat 29 Sep 2007 10:37

Hey... it's great to see you together guys !... :D

fantastic pics Ante... thanks for sharing...

cheers
Pifou
Shaman

Postby gail » Sun 30 Sep 2007 00:00

You two are so lucky! Thanks for the pics, Ante. :)
gail
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Mon 1 Oct 2007 09:15

nice to see you both...
lucky persons are you!
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Mon 1 Oct 2007 09:36

Well, it's just a matter of will. I want to keep in touch w Senta especially now when she needs all the support (ask about her via PM). I still have left a couple of weeks from my summer holidays so I might as well visit you guys too (sorry gail, visiting the States is a bit more challenging that traveling in Europe).
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Mon 1 Oct 2007 17:22

every syberia lover is welcome to my home Ante...
my door is always open...
a couple of weeks ago i met a forumer from another forum in my town...
he was coming for vacation so we decided for a rendez-vous together...
i know this man for years ago (the same situation as for all of you guys) but i've never seen him before !... :D
it was great moment and we spent a night to a restaurant and discussed about our point of view late in the evening/morning...

Pifou
Shaman

Postby Sunich » Mon 8 Oct 2007 17:22

great thing you people see each other!
some nice pics there. picturesque places... what a place to meet forum folk!
travelling in Europe is a challenge enough, Ante! good luck, and don't forget to take the camera with you. ;)
Sunich
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - General