;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Sunich » Wed 18 Jul 2007 10:08

;)
Sunich
VIP

Postby stone » Tue 31 Jul 2007 12:04

good that Microids site is coming back, however still life and syberia sties are still off line but I think it is only matter of time when they are back. I would be good to have post from this forum transfered to new one.

Have you noticed that among games that are shown during animation there is also sinking island? So it looks like this game will be published and I hope after it it will be time for some game continuation Syberia or Still Life :)
stone
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Tue 31 Jul 2007 13:21

MC2-Microids is publishing Sinking Island (developed by White Birds Production) in North America this fall, as well as two games by Kheops (Dracula 3 and Nostradamus).
WBP - and so Sokal - is also working on two other projects: Aquarica and Nikopol, the first one being including a film and a game, the second one being a videogame adaptation of a graphic novel by Enki Bilal; both games should come in episodic format from 2008.

No News about a sequel of Syberia or Kate Walker new games, though... maybe if Microids starts developing again, and Sokal finds some time for the design... who knows... :?
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby stone » Tue 31 Jul 2007 18:18

Hmm, are you sure that Mircoids is to publish this game in America? It is a French firm and its Candian part was taken by Ubisoft. And, as far as I know, it is not only publishing but Microids is taking part in making game itself, some visual elemnts (animations) if I remember good.
As for continuations, it is true that there are no plans for it right now, as I wrote some time ago I got mail from WBP stating this very clearly, but there was deny that it will be possible in future. I believe in economical aspect as both continuations should be profitable and as such they can give financial boost to other projects of those firms. What will come out of this we will see:)
stone
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Tue 31 Jul 2007 19:35

The situation isn't clear at all, I must say.

MC2-Microids (Canadian division) has been acquired by Ubisoft, at least some of the technical equipe; MC2-Microids is then an independent publisher, meaning that we should see games published under the label of MC2-Microids, but we won't see games developed under that label anymore. Nevertheless, Ubisoft-developed adventure games could be developed by ex-MC2-Microids members.

As far as I know a "Microids" company (as the one that developed Syberia and Amerzone) doesn't exist anymore; there's just MC2-Microids, coming from the fusion of Microids and Wanadoo.
And yes, MC2-Microids is stated as North American publisher for the three adventure games Dracula III, Nostradamus and Sinking Island, which sure have been developed by Kheops and White Birds Production.
This is confirmed by the email you received:

[...]
So far, our agreement only concerns “Sinking Island” distribution in North America.
[...]

And figures in many public reliable websites like IGN and Adventure Gamers.

I sincerely do not know if we will ever see an adventure game developed by MC2-Microids again; they still own the intellectual property of the brands, so they will either develop a new Syberia / Still Life sequel or sell the IP to someone else who's showing interest. Or keep it completely locked in a box forever (sillier choice).
I hope this will be cleared soon, when Microids dot com comes back in its full version.

If you have more reliable sources of Microids (France?) collaborating with WBP in the developing of Sinking Island please share, those would definetely be good news :wink:
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby stone » Wed 1 Aug 2007 20:34

Sadly I dont have any info from Microids as they didnt reply to any of my emails, I will try to write to them again soon.
As for distribution you are of course right, I forget about this part of the email, but I think I saw somewhere info that Microids is to take also part in process of development, however I cant find it now. I even think it was on WBP main page as news, but now there is no information considering Microids at all. Maybe the way of cooperation has changed. If I manage to get any info from Microids I will definitely post it here :)
stone
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Thu 2 Aug 2007 11:19

Bad news again, from an interview with Sokal that I found today (date of the interview: april 2006), in which the author states that there will be no future projects involving him and Kate Walker.
I hope that Microids resurrection makes him change his mind, but I don't believe it too strongly, sincerely...
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby stone » Thu 2 Aug 2007 19:21

hmm, not good news at all, could you give link to this interview? The thing is I cant imagine reason for which he would give such final statement. For sure there is more story to be told. As you said I also hope that this new cooperation with Microids will bring some old memories back to him:)
stone
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Thu 2 Aug 2007 20:52

Here it is, but in Italian - I translated the question regarding Kate because the rest of the interview is about Paradise :)

http://www.fantascienza.com/magazine/servizi/7726
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby stone » Mon 6 Aug 2007 15:05

Yep, sadly I dont know Italian enough to understand this text but I get the picture :) So no we have to wait for other Microids site to come online. With suprise I've noticed that there is no contact email on present MC site. I will have to write on the one that was given during construction part.
stone
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Mon 24 Sep 2007 18:22

You guys amaze me. You somehow manage to get such rare info! The very fact that Microids is back on fulls me up with optimism and I really am looking forward to some new adventures they've announced on their present site.
I do hope Sokal learnt on his mistakes in Paradise (I enjoyed his artwork in the game though the game itself was full of bugs). What I'd like to know is what's this 'Sokal vs Microids' thing all about? Why did (still do) they argue and do not cooperate. Judging by the Paradise we can tell that some Microids gameplay quality would do White Birds good, wouldn't it?
And again, I didn't understand quite well from what you guys said who Microids are today, and who they were (staff, 'Canadian branch' etc)... But I sure wish all Syberia ex-team good luck and great success whoever they work for and wherever they are. :D
Keep up the good work digging out the valuable info, stone & overmann!
Hi, everybody btw, been off the forum for a while...
Sunich
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Tue 25 Sep 2007 07:23

nice to see you back sunich :D
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 25 Sep 2007 16:28

hey! ;)
Sunich
VIP

Postby gail » Thu 27 Sep 2007 11:38

It sure is great to have you back, Sunich. :D