What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby David » Sun 1 Apr 2007 18:55

ante, we both know that game devs have to resot to many game limitations. like those tables, boards and curtains thing...it looks lame but its not essential.
the problem with fear was monotomy...how can one play in offices for so long :P also scare factor diminishes when you realise that nothing can happen to our char when scary things appear.
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Sun 1 Apr 2007 19:06

>ante, we both know that game devs have to resot to many game limitations.

Yes, like their imagination. How on earth companies still dare publish these pseudo realistic games :)

>the problem with fear was monotomy...

100% agree - I remember FEAR was somehow hyped game when it was published - now I'm wondering what's the fuzz all about.

>Razz also scare factor diminishes when you realise that nothing can happen to our char when scary things appear.

Yes, at some point you had to run from away from Sadako because the magical flames really hurt you (at the beginning of the game) but otherwise the "horror" elements are really lame.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Sun 1 Apr 2007 20:00

Omg.. Most people I've known stop playing a game if they do not like it
(Of course if you're going to give an review on it, there's only one way)
(Or if someone points a gun at your head and force you to continue playing)

I was planning to return to the Sims 2 (I need someone to boss) but one of my brother's friend borrowed the game which belongs to my brother, several weeks ago, and it doesn't seem to be possble to get contact with his friend by phone, and he hasn't been really honest the last times he promised to deliver the game back...
So I'll problably have pay him a short visit...
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Ante » Tue 3 Apr 2007 07:41

Now the FEAR took an interesting twist - the fighting and survival is located in an abandoned building. Very fascinating surroundings I'd say. Maybe it has to do with the increased difficulty - now it's more challenging to stay alive than at the beginning.

I'd say that this part of the game looks very similar as the Gears of War. (David - try it again!)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 8 May 2007 20:04

i got 'fear'. launched once and liked the effects, physics, the scary 'side' and all...
Sunich
VIP

Secret Files: Tunguska

Postby bigbluesky » Sun 13 May 2007 18:27

I am currently playing "Secret Files: Tunguska". I got it cause it reminded me a tad of Syberia, with the Russian mystery.

So far the graphics are nice and easy on the eyes and everything runs smoothly. The main character is a little annoying. The voice actress is familiar but her dialogue is a bit... eh, could use some work.

Has anyone played it? Please, no spoilers, I'm only on the 2nd Day.
bigbluesky
Youki

Re: Secret Files: Tunguska

Postby Ante » Tue 15 May 2007 11:31

I'm currently exploring the world of The Elder Scrolls IV. Amazing game.

bigbluesky wrote:Has anyone played it? Please, no spoilers, I'm only on the 2nd Day.

Hello bbs

There is a thread dedicated to that game. Check that out first.
Ante
Site Admin

Re: Secret Files: Tunguska

Postby bigbluesky » Tue 15 May 2007 21:02

Ante wrote:Hello bbs. There is a thread dedicated to that game. Check that out first.

Hey Ante, and thanks. After I posted the comment I discovered it. *sigh*
bigbluesky
Youki

Postby Ante » Tue 19 Jun 2007 18:49

Lego Star Wars II on Xbox 360. Very addictive and fun game. Can be frustrating from time to time but generally I like it.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Fri 22 Jun 2007 23:19

am finishing The Longest Journey...
--> i liked it very much because of very interesting 3D grafics and story too...
nothing agressive with something(/message) inside to understand either... (i love so much sweet April Ryan and the 1st challenge with the boiler which is quite hard to solve...)
(Mika is now playing it... :) )

finishing as well The moment of Silence
The main character is a man... -> i would say i prefer a lot when a woman play the role... but... ^^
nevertheless, this game is very interesting too because it talks about the Internet Security and NSA listening to global electronic communications... hehe...

I tried to play Fahrenheit but could not reach the 2nd level into the toilets... :( seriouly -->
i wonder if this game is for adventure gamers or for "psychotic gamers"... i must say -> i don't want this game in my game collection anymore...

I'm now playing Ni.Bi.Ru
This game is a real adventure game... i have to say i appreciate it very much...
(the only disadventage is the character cannot run with double clic...)

Hugs
Pif ;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Pifou » Thu 28 Jun 2007 21:38

i'm starting to play URU "Ages Beyond Myst"...

any experiences in this forum ?...

:)
pif
Pifou
Shaman

Postby phil1908 » Fri 29 Jun 2007 11:04

sorry...not this part of Myst saga

I'm now busy with Hotel Dusk room 215 on DS
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Sat 30 Jun 2007 22:17

phil1908 wrote:sorry...not this part of Myst saga

I'm now busy with Hotel Dusk room 215 on DS

Hey! I want that too! I was thinking about to buy it today when I was shopping. However I went and bought Crackdown for Xbox 360 - and now I suffer the moral hangover that this soulless game has caused in me. I need to get rid of it! :)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sun 1 Jul 2007 14:29

Hotel Dusk on the DS really impressed me, Phil. I was pleasantly surprised to see how the DS can offer unique experiences in gaming.
gail
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Sun 1 Jul 2007 14:38

I baught first DS for Thomas but now with games like another code, hotel dusk or the Phoenix Wright adventures, it becomes for me an other manner to play than the PC
phil1908
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related