Microids resurection?!

Syberian community related topics.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Microids resurection?!

Postby stone » Sun 18 Mar 2007 20:08

Hi, it was some time since I was here, mainly because my life become extremly busy, but now it looks more promissing when it comes to free time.:)

Anyway I was shocked today to find news on one of Polish adveture sites telling that
Microids (or MC2 as it should now be called) starts to cooperate with White Bird Production with production of Sinking Island game. So they are alive. In one form or another ;) Moreover their sites have changed. All of them (http://www.microids.com and main site for still life and sybiera) are stated as under construction. This is progress.

Here are some links to source of this information. I dont know french, I only base on polish news, so if anyone will find sth interesting there please share:)

http://www.afjv.com/press0703/070308_li ... _sokal.htm
http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/news/7826-au ... -noyee.php
stone
Site Admin

Postby gail » Mon 19 Mar 2007 01:37

Good to see you back here, Stone.

This news about MC2 and White Bird Productions working together is a surprise. Thanks for the information.
gail
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Mon 19 Mar 2007 08:24

If you take a look to the details you will see that the company seens to be re-built...
indeed, Microids had disappeared after Ubisoft had baught the canadian part; it had made place in France to a company called MC2
after that, MC2 has baught too a part of Wanadoo to make an other new company that's called MC entertainment
the address of teh company isn't the same than before and all the sites are in construction...without more details...
just wait and...hope
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Wed 21 Mar 2007 19:40

yes, it could be very nice...
because we have hundreds of posts to the old fan forums and it could be nice to retrieve them !...

i never forgot syb2.free is just a rescue island for pure fans...
i just hope the new admin can merge this forum, which (structure) is a mirror of the old one, to the new one...

if their old database does not exist anymore, i will keep the rescue island open for syberian's posts backup... you can trust me...

;)
pif
Pifou
Shaman

Postby stone » Wed 21 Mar 2007 20:06

yep, if it were not for you, who knows what would happen with Syberia community, uniqe one in the world :D
stone
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Wed 21 Mar 2007 20:16

stone wrote:yep, if it were not for you, who knows what would happen with Syberia community, uniqe one in the world :D

yeah stone... never seen a place like that before... congrats friends...

Image Image Image

;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby stone » Thu 22 Mar 2007 12:13

I wrote to White Birds to ask them about the news and their plans and here it is what they replayed:

Microïds/MC2 has never really stopped their activities. Namely, they are still distributing their back catalogue, including “Amerzone” and “Syberia” from Benoit Sokal. So far, our agreement only concerns “Sinking Island” distribution in North America. There are no plans for working together on Syberia sequels for example. We’ll see in the future…

So maybe one day... ;)
stone
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Thu 22 Mar 2007 19:37

Syberia packages are still in the gamer's shops today in France...
they include :
- Amerzone
- Syb 1
- Syb 2

As the price is very cheap now (i would say ~15 €/$), i used to buy one from time to time the package in order to offer it to my friends for x-mas, bday or other...

Nice gift... isn't it ?... :D

pif ;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby raziel73 » Fri 23 Mar 2007 17:13

stone wrote:I wrote to White Birds to ask them about the news and their plans and here it is what they replayed:

Microïds/MC2 has never really stopped their activities. Namely, they are still distributing their back catalogue, including “Amerzone” and “Syberia” from Benoit Sokal. So far, our agreement only concerns “Sinking Island” distribution in North America. There are no plans for working together on Syberia sequels for example. We’ll see in the future…

So maybe one day... ;)

wow!thats simply amazing!that reply means there is some bit of hope :drool: thanks alot,stone. :D
raziel73
Youki

Postby Sunich » Tue 8 May 2007 20:01

Some great news! I'm so exited! Thanks to the messenger!
Sunich
VIP

Postby Overmann » Sun 15 Jul 2007 13:30

Men, Microids dot com lives again! :D

http://www.microids.com/

Coming soon... we'll see, but at least they really re-activated their website; maybe after this summer it will be full of content again, who knows!
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby doomer » Sun 15 Jul 2007 16:20

Amazing news. Microids is alive! :D
I played Still Life recently and I must say that it was much much better than Post Mortem. Can't wait to see an update.
doomer
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sun 15 Jul 2007 20:54

hey hey hey! that's quite some news! :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby Pifou » Mon 16 Jul 2007 18:24

thx for the news Overmann... ;)

i cross my fingers for the coming back of Microïds team...
even if they did not show too much consideration about us when they closed the official sites, i'm glad they are back to support their fantastic games... (especially those of B.Sokal...)

nice to see you again Doomer & Sunich

:)
pif
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Sunich » Tue 17 Jul 2007 21:27

yeah it's a shame i get to read the forum so rarely... :( job + girlfriend eat all of my time :)
Sunich
VIP

Next

Return to EN - General