ppl plz help me!

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

ppl plz help me!

Postby yalda1661 » Mon 5 Mar 2007 14:09

i didn't realize that there's a forum just for syberia so i posted my problem here:
http://www.quandaryland.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=11837

and i was linked from there to here...

plz help i really wanna play this :(
yalda1661
Youki

Postby gail » Mon 5 Mar 2007 18:35

The people at Quandary seem to be very good at helping you solve your problem. If the game played fine on your sisters computer, then maybe, as they suggested, you need to fix a DirectX problem on your computer. Good luck!
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Tue 6 Mar 2007 18:33

As Gail said, guys from Quandary forum are experts... ;)
i would do and answer exactly the same way as they did for you...
Nevertheless,
Your problem is a known problem yalda...
it is known that sometimes there's some conflicts (.dll) between different Nvidia drivers during an update...
In that case, the difficulty is to re-install properly the latest driver and it is not so easy to do it...

Just follow this tuto and you will recover a clean installation of your Nvidia video card :

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/12466-inf ... guide.html

Normaly, Syberia 2 should work correctly after that...
am running quite a similar configuration as yours and Syb2 works without any problems...

Good luck & welcome to Syberia...

;)
++
Pif
Pifou
Shaman

helloooooooo

Postby yalda1661 » Tue 6 Mar 2007 21:42

it's workinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :D :D
yalda1661
Youki

Postby Pifou » Tue 6 Mar 2007 22:10

hmm... don't say a word... it's great...

welcome among our sweet family yalda &
enjoy your game...

:D
pif
Last edited by Pifou on Wed 7 Mar 2007 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Pifou
Shaman

Postby yalda1661 » Wed 7 Mar 2007 00:14

thank u :D
yalda1661
Youki

Postby Pépé » Wed 7 Mar 2007 06:10

Hey! Welcome abord yalta. :wink:

Hope you'll be pleased with Syb. 2
Feel free to ask. There is a few fabs still on line.

pepe

By the way, where are you from. Just curious...
Il faut prendre le temps de prendre son temps.

Pépé
VIP

hello!

Postby yalda1661 » Wed 7 Mar 2007 23:04

i'm from Israel!.. i'm not jew though.. i'm a circassian (adiga) i'm not sure if u guys will know what nation is that.. :) we are minority over here in Israel.. there are only 2 circassian villages in Israel.. and i live in the bigger one which has only about 3500 people.. :)
yalda1661
Youki

Re: hello!

Postby Pifou » Fri 9 Mar 2007 22:55

yalda1661 wrote:i'm from Israel!.. i'm not jew though.. i'm a circassian (adiga) i'm not sure if u guys will know what nation is that.. :) we are minority over here in Israel.. there are only 2 circassian villages in Israel.. and i live in the bigger one which has only about 3500 people.. :)

I have seen you're from Israel because it was written in your DxDiag log --> "Hebrew"...
I don't know exactly what is "circassian (adiga)" but i promess i will improve my mind about knowledge tomorrow... ;)

Welcome dear yalda, welcome to the best community you could never even imagine it can exist one like this... (imo)

++
Pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby phil1908 » Sat 10 Mar 2007 09:10

welcome by us Yalda :wink:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby CallMeDude » Tue 21 Aug 2007 16:08

Hey guys,

i have the same problem like yalda (Black Screen after Syberia 2 Logo with no sound). I tried the same method like Pifou described it. I uninstalled my last Nvidia graphic driver, reboot my pc, and used nVidia Nasty File Remover (which didn't find any old files of my last version). Then i installed the newest driver for my graphic card, reboot my pc and started Syberia 2. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

My system configuration is:

Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
512 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 with 256MB DDR2 RAM
Onboard Sound: Nvidia nForce2 (MCP2)
Nividia Driver: Nvidia Forceware v.94.24 (6.14.11.6218)
Audio Driver: Nvidia nForce Audio v.4.62 (6.14.462.0)
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

It would be nice if someone could help me. I liked the first part of Syberia and really want to know how the story will end. Thanks in advance.

Bye

Dude
Last edited by CallMeDude on Tue 21 Aug 2007 17:43, edited 2 times in total.
CallMeDude

Postby Overmann » Tue 21 Aug 2007 16:53

Did you own any previous graphic cards before installing the nVidia one? If so, it could be a conflict between nVidia drivers and ATI (or anything) drivers. Using a tool like Driver Cleaner would be more advisable than just relying on the nVidia Nasty File Remover.

Also, I'm using nVidia graphic drivers version 71.89 and Syberia 2 works perfectly, maybe you can try and downgrade (I've had issues with newer drivers, even cleaning out the old ones...).

Welcome aboard, by the way :wink:
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby CallMeDude » Tue 21 Aug 2007 17:59

Thanks for your welcome greetings Overmann.

I tried now Driver Cleaner, which uninstalled my nvidia graphic and audio drivers. I installed again the newest drivers for my graphic/audio card, but the problem is the same. To be honest i don't like the method of downgrading my graphic driver, because first of all i don't have old drivers and second i would get problems with other programs and games. Is the reason you use an old nvidia driver because you want to play "Syberia 2"? Have you got any information that this game cannot be played with new nvidia drivers (i didn't find any information about that in the internet) or are there many users here who can play the game with the newest nvidia drivers? I'm anxious to your reply, but nevertheless thanks for your help.

Bye

Dude
CallMeDude

Postby Overmann » Tue 21 Aug 2007 19:07

I'm still using 71.89 graphic drivers because:

- they result more performant (according to 3D Mark)
- they never gave me graphical issues
- newer drivers did
- as far as i can remember, the old control panel looks/works better

I guess the last version I tried was 91.31 though, so it's been a while.

I'm not saying this should happen to everyone and Syberia 2 should not work with newer drivers - just reported my experience and the fact that with this version Syberia 2 actually works.
So, I don't keep this version for Syberia 2, but it gives me no problem even with newer games; I must say though that I don't play that much, so I'm not too much informed about how my drivers work with newest titles.

You can consider to give it a try though (you find 71.89 drivers here), if that doesn't work, you can easily upgrade to 94.24 again.
To be sincere, I don't really think this will fix the problem, I guess that's hidden somewhere else, but since I don't have any idea of where exactly, I just advised you to try to play Syberia 2 with my configuration.
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby CallMeDude » Tue 21 Aug 2007 21:41

Hey Overmann,

i tried the 71.89 graphic driver but it wasn't compatible with my graphic card. Then i tried the next higher version (77.72) and i could install the graphic driver (before that i uninstall the current driver with Driver Cleaner). As you mentioned my problem hasn't changed. I still get the black screen after the Syberia 2 logo. Now i have updated my graphic driver back to the newest version. Anyhow i would like to thank you for taking the time to help me out of my problem. Perhaps someday i will find a way to play this game.

Bye

Dude
CallMeDude

Next

Return to EN - Technical Support