What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby gail » Mon 8 Jan 2007 17:12

Grand Prix 3 kept me busy Saturday afternoon. The quickraces (3-laps each) were fun, but I've had enough. Now I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Mon 8 Jan 2007 19:34

I've finished Max Payne 2! Damn it feels good to play a Finnish game. This is 100% quality. The game has some hidden features that are like inside jokes for all Finnishmen (such as local construction and telephone company logos).

Now I've played American McGee's Alice - a third person shooter as well set in a very strange surroundings. This game is rather tough though.

Splinter Cell (the first one, PC version) is in my rotation as well.

Then I just finished No One Lives Forever - for fans of agent movies and 1st person shooters this is a must. A classic indeed. This game relies somewhat on stealth as well but unfortunately it's not a Splinter Cell at all - avoiding cameras and guards is nearly impossible and very very frustrating. I'd like to make a mod for this game and turn it to 3rd person stealth action game :)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Mon 8 Jan 2007 19:43

gosh, you really do play all the hits! i loved max payne games, but didn't know they were created in your country! it's soo good, you guys really know a thing about games developing. ;)
alice is one of my favourite games. love it.
splinter cell is another game i love. you just have to get used to avoiding the cams. ;)
Sunich
VIP

Postby Krysie » Mon 8 Jan 2007 19:48

Shadow Hearts on the PS2.
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby Sunich » Mon 8 Jan 2007 20:05

hey there, Krysie! consoles... :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby Krysie » Tue 9 Jan 2007 03:46

Hey :D Yeah, it takes less memory. :lol:
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby David » Sat 13 Jan 2007 23:40

another game by remedy(makers of max payne) is alan wake which should come out sometimes this or next year. trailers are amazing:
http://www.alanwake.com/movies.html

i always wanted to try that Alice game but were never up to it. what is it like?

i tried star trek bridge commander but i found it to be rather boring. i am not that big trekkie yet to have a need to command a starship :P
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Sun 14 Jan 2007 08:36

David wrote:i always wanted to try that Alice game but were never up to it. what is it like?

Third person shooter located in fantasy world, a bit hard if you ask me, but really fascinating, beautiful and contains a lot of innovations I've never seen in such games. Levels are more like paths from point a to b rather than exploring a building, going back and forth.

Now playing No One Lives Forever 2 - and I like this game a lot. Graphics have improved from the first game but the original feeling of 60's agent thriller is there. Hiding makes now sense (i.e. there are an indicator informing when you are hidden from the enemies). Third person camera and some tweaks and this could be like Splinter Cell.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sun 14 Jan 2007 08:54

I played No One Lives Forever 2 last fall and truly enjoyed it, Ante.

Alan Wake has superior graphics David and is on my wanted list for sometime in the future due to:
http://www.alanwake.com/forum Alan Wake requires Vista to run, mainly due to the use of Directx10 technology. For the best performance and intended visuals, the newer DX10 video cards will be ideal." :(

After finally getting a computer with XP Pro last year, I won't be spending money for Vista so soon.

By the way, the download servers are great at this website. The storyline has me hooked too. 8)

I'm still having fun playing Beyond Good and Evil. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Sun 14 Jan 2007 11:10

You don't need to get Vista for Alan Wake - just buy Xbox360 and that's it! :) And speaking of Alan Wake - my current wallpaper is from that game:
Yes, I'm really looking forward for this game.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sun 14 Jan 2007 19:03

Ante wrote:You don't need to get Vista for Alan Wake - just buy Xbox360 and that's it! :)
Guess that could be a $olution. :) A Wii may be my first console, but not anytime soon.
gail
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed 17 Jan 2007 20:09

hmm, the problem is not getting vista. its just a few day download. :twisted: what bothers me is geting an expensive dx10 card which would last for a long time :( but i hope i will have money to spare by then :D
David
VIP

Postby Sunich » Thu 18 Jan 2007 23:14

David. Alice was created by McGee. If you like Quake series that name might tell you something. ;)
The game's a great action. Lotsa killing. :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby David » Fri 19 Jan 2007 20:04

yes of course i know mcgee! he made some levels in doom as well i think.
anyway i think i might get that game.
David
VIP

Postby nuadventurer34 » Sat 3 Feb 2007 23:11

I'm back to playing the first Syberia game. After this, have to dig up my copy of The Longest Journey and see about installing that again. Last time it installed, but I couldn't see April on the screen during gameplay, or anyone she might talk to either.
nuadventurer34
Youki

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related