::XMAS Tree::

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

::XMAS Tree::

Postby Sunich » Sat 30 Dec 2006 11:10

I want to know your opinion concerning xmas trees. Do you use the real ones ? Or the fake ones, made of plastic or whatever? What does this xmas & new year symbol mean to you? :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby V.N. » Sat 30 Dec 2006 15:16

Ofcourse a real one!... :roll:
I don't think it means anything to me actually. It's just a part of the fun.
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby gail » Mon 1 Jan 2007 16:18

For years we had a real tree. This year we bought an artificial tree. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and my head isn't all stuffed up for weeks either, which is a good thing.

I always look forward to seeing family on Christmas Eve and enjoy the holiday lights inside and outside. It's also a time of year to be thankful for what you have and to help out other people, so they have something to make the holidays memorable for them too. We always spend New Year's Eve with friends. We had a great time last night. :D

Sunich,
What do the holidays mean to you?
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Mon 1 Jan 2007 16:44

gail wrote: and to help out other people

I hate that message, it always sounds so artificial to me..
(8/29/2010)
1 howling year!
V.N.
Automaton

Postby phil1908 » Mon 1 Jan 2007 18:48

V.N. wrote:
gail wrote: and to help out other people

I hate that message, it always sounds so artificial to me..

each person has his/her own idea of the feasts; sorry if some of our members are not like you :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Mon 1 Jan 2007 19:17

phil1908 wrote:
each person has his/her own idea of the feasts; sorry if some of our members are not like you :?

I've never said I wanted anyone to be like me! And my message wasn't an personal attack on anyone.
A 'message' doesn't have to be a message on a forum, and it wasn't in my case.
The reason I wrote it because to me it sounds like you should help people in December, (which is important, I know that, I'm not that stupid) but it also sounds that it's not so important the 11 other months.
I did think before I wrote it, in case if somebody doubts it.

Gail, tell me if you got hurt anyway and I will apologize.
(8/29/2010)
1 howling year!
V.N.
Automaton

Postby phil1908 » Mon 1 Jan 2007 20:45

V.N. wrote:
phil1908 wrote:

I've never said I wanted anyone to be like me! And my message wasn't an personal attack on anyone.
A 'message' doesn't have to be a message on a forum, and it wasn't in my case.
The reason I wrote it because to me it sounds like you should help people in December, (which is important, I know that, I'm not that stupid) but it also sounds that it's not so important the 11 other months.
I did think before I wrote it, in case if somebody doubts it.

Gail, tell me if you got hurt anyway and I will apologize.

my reaction wasn't normal, I didn't understand you...all my apologizes :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby gail » Mon 1 Jan 2007 23:09

Don't worry VN, I'm not hurt at all. I agree with you 100% about helping 12 months of the year and I do that. It's just that at Christmas time, I like to see children also have a toy or book to unwrap.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 2 Jan 2007 20:59

in the first place, it's people who make holiday a holiday. so good company means a lot more than any xmas tree, lights, presents or whatever... nevertheless, xmas tree means a lot to me personally 'cause it reminds me of what new year and xmas used to mean to me when i was a lil' kid. it's like finding some ol' toy in some closet. you know, bringing memories back... :D this year i don't feel any holiday spirit for there's no snow here! it's like the 1st winter without snow! people around seem happy 'cause it's so warm outside, but i say 'where the heck is winter?!' :?

i don't like fake things and i do like good family traditions. that's why i prefer a real tree. ;)

now, as for the 'helping other people out' thing. i usually stay with my parents until 12pm, then i go with my fellas to celebrate somewhere. a good well established tradition. but this year one friend of mine living alone with his mom was left alone to celebrate because she (his mom) had to celebrate at her job... so i decided to refuse several good opportunities to celebrate with some great company and stay with the 'alone' fella, inviting some other friends along. so in fact, i sorta created a real new year party which otherwise just wouldn't happen. :roll:
the thing is that people don't remember about helping each other out 24/7 whole year round, that's why such holidays as xmas serve as a good reminder for all of us, and that's why i don't see anything strange and false about Gail's words. :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby V.N. » Wed 3 Jan 2007 15:42

First winter without snow? :? We've had about nine white Christmases in Denmark since 18-someyear. The snow comes later..
(8/29/2010)
1 howling year!
V.N.
Automaton

Postby phil1908 » Thu 4 Jan 2007 09:35

in belgium, it's the same: no snow and even no cold weather, temperatures around 10°c :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Thu 4 Jan 2007 23:29

well, global warming at work obviously. :roll:
Sunich
VIP

Postby Senta » Fri 5 Jan 2007 07:38

We have the real tree too. The smell of it is part of the x-mas atmosphere.
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby gail » Fri 5 Jan 2007 22:31

Sunich wrote:nevertheless, xmas tree means a lot to me personally 'cause it reminds me of what new year and xmas used to mean to me when i was a lil' kid. it's like finding some ol' toy in some closet. you know, bringing memories back... :D
Yes! I know exactly what you mean. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat 13 Jan 2007 23:43

Senta wrote:We have the real tree too. The smell of it is part of the x-mas atmosphere.

same here! i love the smell! we dont celebtrate christmas but tree is a requirement anyway :D

sunich you are so right...new years period is nothing like it was when we were small.
David
VIP

Next

Return to EN - Off topic madness!