Hey guys...

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby gail » Sun 17 Dec 2006 17:03

Doesn't your tax dollars pay the policemen's salary in Greece Vivie? Their behavior is outrageous. :roll: Hmm... I wonder if the newspapers heard of this, if they might be reprimanded? ;) They certainly need to do what they are paid for, imo. Here they would probably lose their jobs.
gail
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon 18 Dec 2006 01:36

what i have learned about police is that a lot of them arent nice at all...something tells me that they went to this profesion not because they need to help people but because they can be 'higher' then anyone else and you 'have' to listen to them. In my several encounters with people from this profesion i just get worse and worse ideas about them. I am yet to find a good policeman :D

Vivie congrats on engagement!
one silly question though..why did you engaged so early if you are going to marry only in 1.5 years?

cross is very nice present :) definately better then pen...they are only for lawers :D
David
VIP

Postby V.N. » Mon 18 Dec 2006 18:54

David wrote: I am yet to find a good policeman

Oh, who doesn't remember John, who came to teach you to wear your bicycle helmet?.. And he had brought to eggs to show you what would happen if you did not do as he told.
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Vivie » Tue 19 Dec 2006 13:16

V.N. wrote:Hah.. Yesterday there was a very little problem on a street in Copenhagen, and one of the reporters got arrested, for doing her job.. So I had a bollocking about the police never doing what they are here for..

(of course they are doing better things but I just got mad)

Vivie, I don't think you and your sister should accept that treatment from the police

VN , we wanted to say something..But if we said the wrong thing , we could be behind bars! laws are here only for policemen to use them.. :?

And Gail , it is very hard to imagine Greece without the policemen reacting like that , or without all this bureaucracy!

Just last month , there was a student from college that got assaulted from police , just because he was at the wrong place the wrong time...broken ribs and a lot of other things...

There was some anarchists being chased from the police , who were making damages in the town..they escaped.and in the policemen's way stumbled that poor student , who got so much assaulting that never stopped even when he was begging...he has now concussion , broken ribs , and a lot of other things!

Some reporter saw that and secretly taped it , and it was doing soon the round of Greece...even some high rank police mens where witnessing the event , and never done a thing to stop it...

Now there's made a full inquiry from the governments , being forced from both the publicity and the poor student's parents' jurisdiction...

But the policemen in inquiry were just moved to other places of greece.. :roll:

Even if they should be fired..

My hometown is fearful in night, if you are on foot when the trainee policemen are having their monthly night out...At my hometown , is residing the police training center.. :x
Vivie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Tue 19 Dec 2006 19:31

Vivie wrote:VN , we wanted to say something..But if we said the wrong thing , we could be behind bars! laws are here only for policemen to use them.. :?

And Gail , it is very hard to imagine Greece without the policemen reacting like that , or without all this bureaucracy!

Quite the same here in France...
It's a long time policemen are recruited among the future possible "bad boys"...
They have to decide if they want to go to jail or "integrate" the society...
Here is an example of what our police is able to do to the future of our "great" Nation :

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It was in April 2005 and students were only telling to the government :
"we don't want your new law about education made by people totally disconnected from reality..."

grrr... :| :x
Pifou
Shaman

Postby gail » Tue 19 Dec 2006 22:11

I'll double that "grrr..." :evil:
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Wed 20 Dec 2006 14:04

Can't you speak to the government without influence from the police? :?
I know our minister of educaton is totally shot in the head, about his politics in education, but his also that kind minister, who agrees to speak with everyone personally. He doesn't need 4-500 armed men for that..

But overall it is an unacceptable act from those police-folks. If they just do their job, they should maybe find out (again) what it means to be in the police.
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Sunich » Wed 20 Dec 2006 17:10

it seems like police really get out of hand in some places in the world... :( here police is mostly bribery and doing nothing, finding nobody, just getting payed, supporting the bad but rich people... i remember what was on in France at that time. news were full of it. terrible things also happen quite often at the stadiums. trust me, you don't want to see the videos. :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Wed 27 Dec 2006 21:35

Vivie wrote:on Christmas day , I am getting engaged with Akis...and we're planning on getting married on the spring of 2008...arent they good news? :lol: :D

hello..
There had been a few problems with my engagement..but it will be done on Friday!!!

I will definitely post some pictures :wink:

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes..oh and about my sis , she got some papers replaced , but the college ones are the most tedious!!

We both are going to get new cellphones with new numbers ( she lost her old ones , has my second cell phone and number I didn't use...) and I'm going to switch to a cheaper rates company...last bill came too high without a proper reason..I mostly put sms through it...I do not make any calls , save for these few when my sister gotten her bag stolen , and the bill for these calls wasn't issued yet!!

I also got an white gold ring as a present from my aunt...along with a second couch.... :lol:
this one is an three seats couch , and tis bigger than my red blood leather loveseat , and I purchased few goodies , and also an cover for my loveseat from IKEA..

my parents are going to order an IKEA wardrobe next time they come..

oh and the joke of the week...one cousin of me...last year she gave me as an gift for the house , some good cutlery...
This year for christmas I overheard telling her mother , my auntie , that she was going to get me good cutlery ( and I have TWO sets of them...the another one was a gift from a distant relative of Akis ).
I told her she can buy me anything , except from cutlery later , in lunch,and I reminded her of last year...she is overworked , so it's natural she forgot... :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Sunich » Wed 27 Dec 2006 21:53

sounds good! yeah, well, cell phone is not a cheap stuff at times.. :roll:
merry xmas to u 2! ;)
Sunich
VIP

Postby gail » Wed 27 Dec 2006 23:30

Lucky you, Vivie! You have lots of seating area now.

Sunich,
Are you enjoying your time away from classes?
(haha... I know... silly question.) ;)
gail
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Fri 29 Dec 2006 11:47

classes actually ended yesterday... so it's the first 'true' day off. still, 4 exams to come on 5th, 9th, 13th and 16th january... :)
yesterday was my bro's birthday, so we had some fun with fellas. :D today i'm gonna finish the site i'm currently working on and get a proper monitor (19" one, about time since i still have 15" :shock:)... a lot of fun planned for the new year, since the night from 31th to the 1st of jan is celebrated here greater then xmas (we have xmas on the 7th of jan btw).
Sunich
VIP

Postby gail » Sat 30 Dec 2006 03:53

Hope you found a new monitor, Sunich.
New Year's Eve is big here too.

Cheers! :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Sat 30 Dec 2006 10:41

no monitor until 3rd an or about that. the shops are closed for the holidays already... :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sat 30 Dec 2006 11:39

Have patience Sunich..

I was at the shops too..and asked for a new router ( shopping around for a relative ) and a hdd for me...my 80 GB one is maxed out...and I bought it at easter... :shock:

I will buy an 320 GB one...

As for the engagement..we did it!!!

I am so excited..and prone to crying from happiness... :lol:

Akis looked so sweet with a tie...and his beautiful costume...

I shone with my dress and I was so overcome with emotion at Akis' speech, that I couldn't make my own speech..I just said 'Yes' to everything he said...

I still am awestruck with all these , when I look at my engagement ring..I just can't believe it!!!

Pictures later when I actually settle down...in the foreseeable future... :lol:
Vivie
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!