Hey guys...

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Ante » Mon 13 Nov 2006 13:55

Sunich wrote:i love web design. :D so i probably would stay & listen to the guy for some time. :)

Sunich, please :) http://www.cs.jyu.fi/english/ Design and information management are rather differing concepts.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 14 Nov 2006 08:39

i understand. :)
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Tue 12 Dec 2006 06:43

hey guys how are you?

been absent lately... :(

but I have a few good news to share with ya all....

on Christmas day , I am getting engaged with Akis...and we're planning on getting married on the spring of 2008...arent they good news? :lol: :D

on other news it's been really quiet , except the bad new that on saturday my sister's bag gotten stolen..she just was crossing the road to get to the bus stop, and two guys with helmets ( she didn't see faces or anything ) grabbed her bag and went!
She had ID , bank cards and important college papers and ID's ..... and also two cell phones, and her apartments key!

we had such a scare , as she lives 15' by foot , and she didn't have any means of contacting us that she'll be late , so we went crazy with worry on Saturday night..she was late because she'd gone to the police department to report the theft ...when she came we phoned the bank to reissue an withdrawal account card and to close the old one..and because all her papers in her bag revealed her address , I kept her at my own house for the night...Yesterday we changed the locks ( lucky I had gotten a pair of spare keys for emengercies..or the lock changer wouldn't believe us that the apartment was rented by her...and she half resented the fact that I had them...but now she sees herself that there were needed...)

so that's all...

oops the teacher's here , gotta go listen to Multimedia lessons...
Vivie
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Tue 12 Dec 2006 10:14

nice to read you, happy for you and akis, sad for your sister... :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 12 Dec 2006 12:49

as for the good news, that great decision you and your future husband made is fantastic! yeah, well, very serious at the same time... responsibility and all that... good luck to you, guys! nice thing there's no rush. :D
poor sister... well, such things happen too often. :roll:
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Tue 12 Dec 2006 14:56

yeah they happen all too often..

now I learnt a lesson too..I only carry my bus card with me...along with few cash..all the important papers now are stored away at home..and the keys are always in my pocket...

My sister closed completely the account she had , and we're reopening a new one tomorrow...just in case...and for few days she'll be careful..she'll be round here this afternoon to give me a set of spare keys...she learnt her lesson too!!

the most tedious job is to replace all the important papers ...she won't get reissued a bus discount card till next semester..for the others , she has to bring along a police paper reporting the theft , and it will be ready in a few days..damn bureaucracy!!!

another tedious job is to re-trace all the people they had her mobile numbers , and to notify them of the new ones...I gave her the few we both had, but the rest will be quite a job...she hadn't a back up of the phone numbers..but as soon as she's sure she found everyone , we will back up the phone book here....

as for the engagement party, it will be only a small one , our parents , our siblings ( my brother , his sister ( my sister won't be able to attend ) ) and my father's sister, my mother's sister , and his mother's sister...
the tradition here is to change presents and if we want , also rings...

next winter we will do a proper engagement party with all the family and extended family , and we will marry as soon as the spring of 2008 approaches...I plan to graduate the summer of 2008 , and probably will be pregnant by then.. :roll:

the only thing I'm stuck at is..what will I buy him..I want to be something symbolical...he doesn't do jewelerry , nor he smokes...I thought of a proper pen...or it is a bit macho?
I also have to find something to wear... :twisted:
shopping for clothes was never my strong point!!!
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 12 Dec 2006 22:49

Congratulations on your engagement, Vivie! :D

Hope by now your sister has most of her important items replaced.
Last edited by gail on Wed 13 Dec 2006 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Wed 13 Dec 2006 08:14

Vivie - weren't you suppose to buy a new glasses? Any progress on that?
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Wed 13 Dec 2006 13:23

phone book missing is the greatest pain in the back... (
as for the present... well, i can only wish you good luck with coming up with ideas. :)
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sat 16 Dec 2006 22:42

Ante wrote:Vivie - weren't you suppose to buy a new glasses? Any progress on that?

No , not any progress..to be frank , I completely forgot about that intention!!!!!!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sat 16 Dec 2006 22:43

Sunich wrote:phone book missing is the greatest pain in the back... (
as for the present... well, i can only wish you good luck with coming up with ideas. :)

Yeah , it is Sunich..She still tries to replace most of them..

As for the present , I bought him an beautiful cross to wear ;)
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sat 16 Dec 2006 22:47

gail wrote:Congratulations on your engagement, Vivie! :D

Hope by now your sister has most of her important items replaced.

Thanks my dearest!

My sister hasn't replaced her papers..

The night that the incident happened , she went straight to the police station to report the theft..And the police men told her to wait till the tv show they watched ended...a solid two hours!

On friday we went again to get the theft report so we could replace all the papers without having to get billed...

They had lost the theft report..so we have to go again in on Monday.... :evil:
Vivie
VIP

Postby Ante » Sun 17 Dec 2006 12:25

Eh... what kind of country you live in? Police watching TV on duty and losing the paperwork.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Sun 17 Dec 2006 15:05

:shock: that's quite a surprise... watching tv in working hours... and asking people to wait until they finish?! :shock:
Sunich
VIP

Postby V.N. » Sun 17 Dec 2006 15:32

Hah.. Yesterday there was a very little problem on a street in Copenhagen, and one of the reporters got arrested, for doing her job.. So I had a bollocking about the police never doing what they are here for..

(of course they are doing better things but I just got mad)

Vivie, I don't think you and your sister should accept that treatment from the police
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!