What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Senta » Sun 29 Oct 2006 11:29

I'm replaying CSI-Miami.
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby David » Sat 4 Nov 2006 21:12

i am playing Need for speed Carbon. having a blast with that :D
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Sun 5 Nov 2006 07:47

David - do you know Gears of War? I played it yesterday and I was sold right away. Imagine Killzone + Resident Evil 4 + gorgeous graphics and intuitive controls and you got some idea what to expect.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun 5 Nov 2006 17:15

yeah i know that game and it looks awesome. however i doubt there will be a pc version for me to enjoy :(
i just find out today that it will be released in few days.

ante do you have xbox360?
David
VIP

Postby gail » Thu 9 Nov 2006 17:17

Thanks to a saved game from Niniendo, I was finally able to complete No One Lives Forever 2. This was a great game. :D

Dreamfall is loaded. I've played it using my gamepad and the keyboard for about 20 minutes. The keyboard is winning at the moment, since I don't spin around so much. Too bad the game does not recognise all my gamepad buttons. Many people seemed to think using the gamepad made this game much easier to play. :?
gail
Site Admin

Postby doomer » Thu 14 Dec 2006 16:05

This is one of my favourite threads but I haven't posted anything in it for quite a while. Time to make up for it, I guess.

If I recall correctly the first thing I finished since my last post was Resident Evil 2. And what a a game that was, so diverse and with an amazing replayability; very few games offer such a thing nowadays. It can take as much as four replays to get the full picture of the game and you might still be inclined to play more.

I've also played some World of Warcraft. But it lasted a month and I went back to my single-player habits. Single player rocks! :D

So the next thing I did in the summer was start Final Fantasy X. The game consumed the rest of my summer but was I happy... Final Fantasy never stops getting better and better. Every Final Fantasy game is a universe in itself, and there is not a thing not to like about FFX. The sphere grid is a fresh innovation and kept me busy. All in all I totalled 120 hours of gameplay and I think I managed to uncover almost all secrets. With Final Fantasy X being my fourth Final Fantasy game, I can honestly say that I am now a hopeless fan of Square (And now Square Enix), FF games, and Nobuo Uematsu. Final Fantasy has changed my world. Advent Children only sealed what I was already sure about ff. Final Fantasy is a legend. I keep hearing and seeing scenes from the movie in my mind and can't wait to see it again and again, but I let a month pass between each viewing so that I can forget the movie a bit, its great atmosphere, and the unforgettable music. And when I see it again I again bathe in the glory of its magnificent and captivating presence.

I am already pretty sure that I want to play every Final Fantasy game out there. But for now I will be replaying FF7 for Christmas and New Year if I get the chance.

More recently I've come upon yet another timeless rpg classic, Ultima IV Quest of the Avatar. My first experience with Ultima was Ultima IX, and I'm still surprised how many people openly hate it. Apart from its bugs I cannot find a single flaw in it. I could only find beauty, wisdom, and an incredible audio-visual experience. In the course of time I managed to also finish Ultima VIII and Ultima Underworld I. I thought that I wouldn't be able to play Ultima IV because it looked a bit old at first sight but that was another great fallacy. I got used to the graphics in fifteen minutes and after that I was totally immersed in a world so life-like that I sometimes wondered if I was actually playing. I can now understand why Ultima IV is a must for every true rpg player. It is unique. I found so much more in it than what I expect to at first and now I see the greatness of the Ultima series. I can only feel sorry that a new single player Ultima will not be coming soon, if ever.

I also finished Drakan and Drakan 2 but that was not such a memorable experience. It was kind of fun but cannot measure up to more than slightly above average level.

Finally, I finished the two X-files games. The first was the PC game, and the second was Resist or Serve for the ps2. I enjoy the x-files premise a lot, love the tv series and enjoyed the games quite a bit, much more than drakan, for example. The X-files game for PC is quite a solid first-person myst-like adventure. Resist or Serve is instead a survival horror game but still manages to capture the spirit of the X-files and is quite a worthwile and enjoyable game.

Right now I am not playing anything, and I am in a bit of a loss, but I hope I will find something to play. :)
doomer
Youki

Postby Ante » Thu 14 Dec 2006 20:21

Well - I tried to play Half Life 2 but found it very... to put it simply, plain boring. Then I've enjoyed the Max Payne and Age of Empires II.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon 18 Dec 2006 01:21

hmm, ante so you finished the game or just droped it?

anyway my latest games:
Star trek legacy.
star trek voyager elite force
star trek elite force 2

^that says something about my current likings :oops:
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 19 Dec 2006 06:48

David - I didn't finish the HL2. Now enjoying a classic - No One Lives Forever. Then I got hooked to the Splinter Cell, the PC version so much that I started to take screenshots to point out differences between the Xbox and PC versions of the game. Shots can be found at my Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/ante.mulari ... lPCTbilisi
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Sun 24 Dec 2006 20:40

i played all the splinter cell except for the last one recently released! great game. played ps2 version... mutiplayer only, but its fun too.

as for recent games i played... need for speed carbon. it's worth then nfs most wanted, but still, it was a nice racing game for those who miss nfsmw. :)
Sunich
VIP

Postby David » Wed 27 Dec 2006 21:58

i found nfs carbon to be worse than most wanted..since it felt like a slight update and new track (which felt like collection of previously played tracks somewhere). also i found career mode to be very short and rather boring...no chases or anything :( the drifting was awesome :D

anyway i just finished playing trackmania united.now i have nothing to play again :D
David
VIP

Postby Sunich » Sat 30 Dec 2006 10:59

i agree to that, David. i tried drift a couple of times, failed because the car was badly set up for the drift. :) so i kinda skipped all the drift challenges.
as for now, i started playing hitman: blood money, a great game i should say. i played all the previous instalments, and sure will enjoy this one.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Senta » Fri 5 Jan 2007 07:47

I'm playing Secret files of Tunguska and waiting Runaway 2, to be released in february, here in Finland.
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Sunich » Fri 5 Jan 2007 16:32

great thing you stick to adventure games!
Sunich
VIP

Postby Sunich » Mon 8 Jan 2007 17:04

hey, i finished Hitman: Blood Money game (rocks hard). Now i'm into Paradise. Looks good so far, but there are some 'gameplay' faults...
Sunich
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related