If I have a bad life in America, what country is better?

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

If I have a bad life in America, what country is better?

Postby Silver Cougar » Sun 15 Oct 2006 07:34

I am an American born citizen who is having a difficult time during my currently dull terrible life in America with the usual crap that's going on. What countries do you think would sympathize with me and let me join them and what Continental unions would sympathize with me? When I say Continental unions I mean something like the African Union or the European Union? Anybody? :cry: :oops: :( H-E-L-P=HELP! This is an average American citizen asking for any non-American country to take me in for safe haven. Thanks and P.S.: This applies to Extra Terrestrials, Animals and Ghosts as well (sorry I couldn't resists as at this point I am desperate because of all the crap that's happened to me, our species, this planet and everything on it. I have had it! :evil: ).
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby gail » Sun 15 Oct 2006 13:27

Can't imagine what you are going through here in the US. :?
Try moving to another state and see if you feel the same.
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Sun 15 Oct 2006 13:30

A country which the US has no influence on..?

Haven't you been to any country outside the US, which you really liked and wanted to stay?

Otherwise you'll have to visit countries around in the world, to find out which is better... But every country may have problems..
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Re: If I have a bad life in America, what country is better?

Postby Ante » Sun 15 Oct 2006 17:12

Silver Cougar wrote:I am an American born citizen who is having a difficult time during my currently dull terrible life in America with the usual crap that's going on.

Let me ask you - do you still live at home? How about moving on your own first. Second - let's imagine you move to another country - what difference would that make. You can't escape problems. How about trying to analyze and by rational problem solving method seeking a reasonable solution for your situation. Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Turn off TV. Try living a week without watching a television.
- Ask each time you sit in front of your computer "Why I'm doing this instead of helping that old lady living next door?", "...calling to my best friend?", "...surpricing my girlfriend?", "...educating myself?", "...doing something worth doing?"
- Meet real people, not the people online but people in your neighborhood and discuss with them. Since they live in same area as you and have been influenced by same things as you there might be a change that they have an opinion and maybe you can discuss with them.
- Travel somewhere you've never been before without planning beforehead your trip - in other words - challenge yourself. Think it as an adventure game but in real life.
- Talk to people you've never discussed before. Why? Since you're planning to move to another country sooner or later you need to discuss with people you've never met. So why not start right now!

What's the purpose of all this. See, we are surrounded by information flow we can't really control. Based on this flow we form a perspective of this world. That perspective is, well, more or less twisted and not the reality we live in. These actions I listed are something that force you to face the reality as it is. Simply by going out and meeting people, discussing and listening them will bring you back to the elementary level of communication. The information you'll get is not filtered by television, internet or newspapers.

So the answer - "if you have bad life in America", start by changing yourself. The benefits - it won't cost a thing, it will make you a better person (think about it as gaining a level and getting new abilities).
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Sun 22 Oct 2006 17:31

Avoid Italy :P :P

I once tried to gather some informations like the ones you're looking for... Hmm, Switzerland and UK shown some good differences from Italy. Also, countries less populated, like Scotland or Scandinavian countries, shown excellent qualities for what I was looking for. But I also found out that, more or less, all European countries show lots of similarities :roll: Like same TV programs with same audience and so on.
And there are many parameters you should consider before moving out... like climate, language, ...
I recently moved into an Italian different town, hoping this could help my need to change something in my life. I still am convinced to visit some other Countries in the future, just to "taste" how life is in different places...
Maybe you can try to move to another US town or state, USA are so big :P

We don't have Berlusconi anymore, you still have Bush, so I quite understand your needings though... :lol:
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby Silver Cougar » Tue 24 Oct 2006 06:57

Thank you for all these beautiful posts. I really appreciate your comments.
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sat 28 Oct 2006 12:36

its terrible when people don't like the country they live in.. :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby Leviathan » Fri 10 Nov 2006 11:46

Come and visit Romania :lol:
Leviathan
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sat 11 Nov 2006 00:59

is it really so bad there? :D
Sunich
VIP

Postby Leviathan » Sun 12 Nov 2006 18:42

Actually, it's very beautiful - see some photos at http://leviathan-photo.blogspot.com
Leviathan
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sun 12 Nov 2006 19:21

hey, great blog there with cool pictures! i love the design if it as well as the filling. :D
Sunich
VIP

Return to EN - Off topic madness!