ADOC 2005

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Are you interested by such event?

Poll ended at Sun 27 Nov 2005 14:15

yes
100%
no
No votes
maybe...if the hours paste me
No votes

Total votes : 4

ADOC 2005

Postby phil1908 » Sun 20 Nov 2005 14:15

As you certainly know, there will occur on November 21 and 22 an Adventure Developers Online Conference on the AE forum

more details HERE

if you want to talk/speak/write to WBP, it will occur between 17-00 and 19-00 GMT on monday

hope to read a lot of you on the forum; think to be register otherwise.... :cry:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby imagine » Sun 20 Nov 2005 18:24

I will be there!
imagine
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sun 20 Nov 2005 20:01

It was a great event last year. I plan on being there too. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Tue 22 Nov 2005 09:05

here will you find all the subjects treated on the forum last night...

no really "new" news...yes, one intersting still a new project game called Sinking Island
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby imagine » Tue 22 Nov 2005 11:18

I was here, i ask some questions to Michel Bams too!
I learned, and i don't know if we already talked about it, that they are developping another game
called "Aquarica"! White Birds Production are working on a CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) movie on the same scenario!
Michel Bams wrote:[url=http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=546.msg3067#msg3067]Concerning the story, in a few words : there are people living on small tropical islands. Someday, they have the feeling that these islands are slowly moving. Little by little, the tropical birds are leaving, the temperature gets colder... They in fact live on the back of gigantic whales, that, once in a century, go North for reproduction and then die. During a 100 years, they hide from the humans by living a semi-lethargic life, covering their back with sand and earth, and looking like small islands.
In parallel to this story, there is a small town on the Est Coast of the USA which always lived on whale hunting... The hunters hear about this myth of the gigantic whales and decide to go on campaign.[/url]

For Sinking Island,
Michel Bams wrote:[url=http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=519.msg2971#msg2971]- graphics : "Sinking Island" will be... 2D 3/4. We have found something very, very impressive for dynamizing 2D backgrounds.
- the game will have 13 characters
- and one playable : the detective
- there are various ways to solve the mystery, but only one ending.
- we expect the durahtion to be 2X the "Syberia" one.[/url]

And for the scenario:
[url=http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=519.msg2905#msg2905]In a few words, lets says the there is an island somewhere, a kind of tropical paradise (Maldives Islands are the ispiration) on which a millionaire has built a fabulous house/hotel for very privileged guests. A crime is commited. The purpose of the game is to discover who commited it.
It also seems that, at each tide, the water is going higher. But, as an ingeener from the continent says, "it is not the water that is going up, it's the island that is sinking"...[/url]

Then for Paradise,
I noticed:

In the topic i linked there is some great informations about Paradise!

Read all the topics, they're very interresting!
imagine
Site Admin

Postby gail » Tue 22 Nov 2005 11:41

Yes, I agree with you. It's interesting reading. I'm glad you asked some questions there too. White Bird Productions certainly are keeping themselves busy working on three games. :shock:
gail
Site Admin

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Tue 22 Nov 2005 22:19

AAAhhh... I didn't know this existed. :P

Honestly, instead of setting up events for 'commoners' to speak with those developers, developers should be supporting their own unofficial fansites and ask for ideas there. This is too elitistic. It's like... Ah... "I'm Poseidon king of the seas... what can I do for you Jason?"
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby gail » Wed 23 Nov 2005 04:45

I can understand your point Niniendo, but there were some Indie Developers there too that are making free games like this one from Faraway Studios. 8) I'm a real sucker when it comes to winter scenes. :D

Honestly, it was a good way for us to see the latest and greatest information on games coming out in the future, ask questions about current games and give them some feedback, without visiting 24 different websites. Without us, the consumer, developers that produce commercial games could lose their 'kingdoms'. ;)
gail
Site Admin

Return to EN - Games Related