Paradise

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby doomer » Fri 19 May 2006 18:17

Gamespot's review is out.... 5.8 out of 10. Syberia had around 9.1 out of 10. This is depressing. :( I've been saving for some time so that I can buy this game but now... I am starting to lose interest. Has anybody played the game? Can they share their opinion? Thank you.
doomer
Youki

Postby Sunich » Fri 19 May 2006 18:42

i've read that review today as well... i'm gonna play the game anyway. i value graphics.
Sunich
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Fri 19 May 2006 18:56

I have it, but sorry due to my graphic card, sound and images are...slowmotion :shock: so, no good advice from me :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Fri 19 May 2006 19:01

that was mentioned by one user at gamespot.com...
Sunich
VIP

Postby doomer » Fri 19 May 2006 19:37

Sunich wrote:i've read that review today as well... i'm gonna play the game anyway. i value graphics.

I have to say that I value gameplay and story much much more. For me a good game has to show impressive gameplay and not just be visually spectacular. That's why I've recently played many oldies from the beginning of the nineties which I enjoyed tremendously. I did not expect them to be too pretty (the games were still pleasant to look at despite their age) but the well-crafted story, good gameplay mechanics and overall immersive feeling kept me busy and entertained. That is why I always say to people how impressed I am with a game's story and most importantly its gameplay rather than its graphics. I have seen many games which boast incredible graphics but are too dull and uninteresting.

That should be the most important difference between games and movies. Movies are rather a passive experience. Games, on the other hand, try to involve a person, they should try to make you feel that you are actually participating in that interactive product. And strong gameplay is what a game needs in order to be the game in my humble opinion.
doomer
Youki

Postby Sunich » Fri 19 May 2006 19:51

I should say that i wanted to see some more game art from Sokal... the gamplay is important of course. i started playing myst 5 & quitted due to the damn bad gameplay (didn't like the puzzles) eventhough it was a beautiful experience.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Ante » Wed 25 Oct 2006 19:17

http://www.paradise-game-us.com/

Check out the prices!

Guys, your opinions are needed. Is Paradise the new Syberia?
Ante
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed 25 Oct 2006 21:12

paradise to syberia is like jupiter to the earth. i.e. far from being that good. i found it boring, bad controls,laggy. But since its twice cheaper you could give it a try.
David
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Thu 26 Oct 2006 09:19

Ante wrote:http://www.paradise-game-us.com/

Check out the prices!

Guys, your opinions are needed. Is Paradise the new Syberia?

surely not... in spite in some bugs, it's great to play it...but don't think to compare it to Syberia :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby bigbluesky » Sat 20 Jan 2007 08:24

I just finished playing Paradise a week ago, and I'm going to be honest - it is kind of lacking. I'll be as unspoilery as possible.

Pros: As usual, Sokal has made a beautiful game art-wise. Even when the scene is suppose to not be beautiful - it is. The characters are interesting, along with their voice actors (I can't help thinking that the same voice actress that played Kate did Ann's voice as well). The story is even sort of interesting, but that's really about it.

Cons: The gameplay is rather tedious and confusing. I had to use a walkthrough for parts that probably should have been easier to come to on my own. There isn't as much reading or world discovering as I had hoped for. Like in Syberia, you kind of discover each characters life and history by the place their in - I liked that. I found myself trying to figure out the country Ann's in, because it is an interesting place, but you don't really get a chance to and that seems to be an important part of the actual story. Speaking of which, I didn't quite get the grasp of the story until the very end. It had alot of potential to be a great story, but alot of stuff was missing. When it ends, I felt more confused than anything - and a bit jipped - cause its a pretty short game, considering it takes 3 discs to load.

Other than that, eh, its worth playing, cause its Sokal - but its not worth paying a bunch of money for it. Wait for it or get it off Amazon.
bigbluesky
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sat 20 Jan 2007 10:34

i'm currently half through with paradise. i can tell you this thing. each true syberia game fan is ought to play paradise. there sure will be several 'irritating' moments, the game's kinda too 'raw'. but at times i feel like i'm playing syberia...
Sunich
VIP

Postby Sunich » Tue 23 Jan 2007 16:23

ok, i've finished it. any fan HAS to play this one.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Spike » Wed 7 Feb 2007 21:29

Absolutley NO SIGN of this game on the shelves in the UK.... and this is as of 7th FEB 2007. There has been no sign of a DEMO here either.

Spike..... :D
Your Born. Life's a B*tch. You Die.
Give UP...Go mad NOW...Save your sanity for LATER.
Spike
VIP

Location: Errrrr... NOT quite sure where...it's too dark outside to see.....

Postby phil1908 » Wed 7 Feb 2007 22:46

hi Spike

HERE can you find some more infos on the game :)
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby avskum » Tue 22 May 2007 20:00

Hello.

i have now played paradise. It was good, but not as good as Syberia.

It´s very beautiful graphics and landscapes, but the story isn´t as interesting and captivating as Syberia, and neither are the charachters.

Sometimes very confusing puzzles that i needed to look up walkthroughs.

The game froze a a couple of times and i had to restart.

The ending was a bit strange and unexpected. Don´t know if it was good or bad...

The main character look awfully lot like Halle Berry with short hair, for example in JAmes Bond movie Die another day.

All in all - fans of Syberia and Sokal will like it, but it didn´t have that magical dreamy quality Syberia had.

And finally - what is the purpose of playing as the leopard?? You can´t do anything special, just walk around, and you can cancel anytime and resume ordinary game. And at the end the leopard just disappears and we don´t get to know what became of him!? Strange.
" My brain hurts ! "
avskum
Youki

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related