Weekend at Alavus (2 cool photos)

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Weekend at Alavus (2 cool photos)

Postby Ante » Sun 20 Aug 2006 16:40

I was this weekend at Alavus (http://www.alavus.fi/ and location on map: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Location_of_Alavus_in_Finland.png) at my friends wedding. Ok, what's the Syberia forum has to do with all this? Once I entered the hotel (Hotelli Puustelli) very familiar item and just had to take a photo:

Moving from busy Helsinki to silent Alavus was an experience itself or what you think about this photo I took from the train near my destination:

Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Mon 21 Aug 2006 16:07

Memories of Syberia follow you wherever you go. :)

Is the second photo a picture of a roof? That diamond shaped part made of glass is unusual.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Mon 21 Aug 2006 16:10

gail wrote:Is the second photo a picture of a roof? That diamond shaped part made of glass is unusual.

Yeah, that pyramid shape works as some sort of roof since we prefer underground passages over the bridges when it comes to the train stations in Finland.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Tue 22 Aug 2006 08:49

Gail wrote:Memories of Syberia follow you wherever you go. :)
You've got that right :lol:
I wish you had good time in the weddding, Ante :)
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 22 Aug 2006 11:17

Senta wrote:
I wish you had good time in the weddding, Ante :)

Yes, it was great night. The official program ended around 1 am and then we headed back to our hotel. At that night the Scandinavian Hunks was performing at the hotel so the place was crowded. I went to sleep around 5 after dancing like three hours. Then back to the hotel restaurant to have a breakfast at 10.

One mystical element was included at the wedding. We saw aurora borealis! An ultracool light show on warm summer night. It was one of those moments when you wish to have someone close by, hold her and wish that this would never end.
Ante
Site Admin

Return to EN - Off topic madness!