Animals: Our cute friends that we share this planet with.

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Animals: Our cute friends that we share this planet with.

Postby Silver Cougar » Wed 16 Aug 2006 02:33

I believe that there are types of animal hybrids that are semi-animal and semi-human like werewolves that are probably intelligent enought to think that our species (Humans) are destructive. How do you think modern animals like dogs, wolves, and apes would evolve to be as intelligent like us and how long would it take for that to happen?
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby Senta » Wed 16 Aug 2006 08:57

You have interesting ideas :oops:
At first should their brains grow much larger :idea:
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Wed 16 Aug 2006 09:54

Senta wrote:You have interesting ideas :oops:
At first should their brains grow much larger :idea:

Sorry to disrupt but you must mean something else than the actual size of the brains - right? Come to think of it (I was thinking of the whales since they have big brains) - the majority of this planet is water. That's around 70%* of the planet. So, the new intelligent life could be born underwater, not on land. Actually there are a lot of unknown species on this planet so it might be that threre are living intelligent life in such conditions where humans can't survive (like at the bottom of the oceans).

*) Why this planet is called earth, not water :)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Wed 16 Aug 2006 21:03

It could take thousands of years for animals to evolve. If greed enters the picture, they will be no better than some humans.

...are probably intelligent enought to think that our species (Humans) are destructive
American Indians had the right idea. If they killed an animal, the meat was eaten and the skins used for shelter or clothing. Guess they were our first 're-cyclers' for this continent. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri 18 Aug 2006 00:02

more then thousands...hundreds of millions. None of the animals have limbs that are developed enought to create stuff we can. not even whales :P i dont think that intelingent enough life can evolvedeep underwater...there is just nothing there. i suppose intelligence evolves when tehre is danger to yourself and to satisfy certain needs :wink: lets say if there is some animal you have to avoid, then you will get smarter by finding new ways to avoid it etc. of the current animals probably apesare the only ones that could evolve into something. dogs...they were derived from wolves ad somehow they are not smarter then wolves.

anyway whats more interesting is what humans will evolve into? ( if we dont destroy ourselves) :P
David
VIP

Postby gail » Fri 18 Aug 2006 03:03

This article might help us decide if it would be possible for animals to have that brain capacity: "Mutated gene may offer clue to why all brains are not equal"
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Fri 18 Aug 2006 21:30

Animals shouldn't have to evolve to become intelligent, since they already are.. They don't act like idiots and commit sins like humans do..
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Sunich » Sun 24 Dec 2006 20:40

well, getting down to earth i'd say the animals won't ever evolve into something more intelligent. even if they possibly could, we won't let them for we're about to eliminate all life from the surface of our planet.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Sunich » Sun 24 Dec 2006 20:46

Ante wrote:*) Why this planet is called earth, not water :)

because people had no idea that there's more water here... ;)
Sunich
VIP

Return to EN - Off topic madness!