Ante's Syberia Fan Page

Syberian community related topics.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby gail » Tue 11 Jul 2006 16:07

Good for you, Ante. Have fun! :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Sun 30 Jul 2006 08:40

Time to make another update in the chapter of "What has happened in Ante's life recently". Ok, just a week ago I returned from my four day trip from Halmstad, Sweden. A bit over a month ago I got an invitation from my cousin to visit her hometown. I took the change immediately since I was looking for some place to visit but had no clue exactly where to.

First lesson: Before travelling, check that you have up to date identification. Two days before the flight I checked my passport - it was outdated like a year ago. "How it can be, I just bought this like... oh, how quickly the time passes nowadays" I noticed. Then I took my ID card (which works as a passport in Scandinavia). Well, the ID card was outdated like six years ago (and I've been happily using it and no one has complained about it, amazing). So I had one option - to apply for one year passport since it's the only option for getting the indentification for this shot of time. So I first run to the photo machine to the train station (since I knew that there is one) to get two b&w photos for passport. Then I headed to the police station and waited for my turn a bit over one hour. Finally at the counter I noticed that one of the four photos I got from the machine was damaged so that I had some printed letters on my forehead and cheekbones (yes, do not place fresh photos between a book) and amazingly in the last photo there was complete blank from below of my jawbone. And yes, that's the machines fault, not mine. But anyway, I had two normal photos there as well so I was saved. "You'll get your passport tomorrow morning at 8". "Oh great, I love you, I love you, I love you officer!" I thought.

Second lesson: When buying something for six year old, be sure that you are buying that stuff for six year old. At the airport before departure I was checking the tax free shops and tried to find some gift for my cousins daughter (I've met her once about two months ago when they visited here). "So, she's a girl, and girls like jewellery" I reasoned. In no time I found myself holding a moderately priced necklace packed neatly in small cardboard box. After that I headed to buy for vodka (for the mother!) and sweets.

[insert here the travelling part (I'll cover it later)]

Once I arrived and it was time to share the gifts, know what... Her daughter liked more of the wrapping than the gift itself! Gosh. I could've bought like 100 of those if I'd knew :) But the other gifts were accepted and later enjoyed with great pleasure. I even ended to teach Swedes some Finnish drinking habits (empty your shot of vodka at one draught).

Ok, I'll continue this story later since there are a couple of stories to share.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Mon 31 Jul 2006 17:30

the passport story was funny. :D well, i don't think it seemed funy to you when you were running around & trying to get a new one. :roll:
buying presents isn't an easy thing. :)
i just can't understand how can one drink vodka other than in one shot. :shock: you, Finnish people have to learn how to drink voddy right from the bottle. :idea: :D * that's extreme, sure... but not bad at all when you have no cups. :roll:
Sunich
VIP

Postby gail » Mon 31 Jul 2006 22:05

You've already had quite an adventure, even before you left your town! :D

I had to smile when I read that the little girl loved the packaging so much! How nice for her. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Tue 1 Aug 2006 17:28

Hah ha... a little announcement - I just sold my TV and I have no intentions to buy a new one any time soon. Let's see how I'm going to survive.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby LAz » Tue 1 Aug 2006 21:34

Ante wrote:Hah ha... a little announcement - I just sold my TV and I have no intentions to buy a new one any time soon. Let's see how I'm going to survive.

:D

Svaka ti cast. Nadam se da je TV u evropi bolje negu tu u americi, jer je tu TV manje ili vise sranje.

Congrats. I hope that TV in europe is better than here in America, cause here TV is more or less #*$&*#@&.

Anyone want to buy my TV?
LAz
Joke Master

Postby gail » Tue 1 Aug 2006 21:38

Now you will REALLY appreciate your online connection. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Tue 1 Aug 2006 21:48

I just noticed that 90% of all the stuff I see* from TV is... well... crap. And the rest 10% - I can probably live without it. In Finland we have this brilliant system called TV license. Basically it goes like - if you own TV reciever (any device capable of recieving TV broadcasts) you must pay. The sum from the last year per household having a TV was 200 euros. That's 255 USD or 136 £. The money isn't the issue, but just wanted to mention this aspect as well :)

* Must clarify here, yes, see, not watch :D

Ok, I will continue the story from Sweden later. Bye then.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Wed 2 Aug 2006 08:18

well, you can always afford tv tuner
Sunich
VIP

Postby Ante » Sat 23 Sep 2006 07:55

Sick leave - what a wonderful thing when you have just a normal flu. I've been playing video games, reading books and surfing on the web... just a bit more than I'd normally do. I've stayed at home from Wednesday and already of Friday I felt that I'm ok and went to the grocery store by bike. When returned home I felt really tired, legs were shaking and I was sweatting. Maybe I'm not ok yet.

Anything else... well. Here's my current desktop. Aesthetically pleasing. 10 points to the one who knows what chairs are in the pic. I'd like to buy a couple of those but a) I'd need a new house around them and b) the chairs itself cost a little too much for my budget at the moment.

It's on a Dell D410 so that's why the low resolution.
Last edited by Ante on Sat 23 Sep 2006 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sat 23 Sep 2006 12:18

Hope you get well soon, Ante. Take it easy. :)

I could picture that furniture in a Frank Lloyd Wright home. His architecture was way ahead of his time.
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Sun 24 Sep 2006 19:24

It looks like those kind of seats they have in a waiting room
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby phil1908 » Mon 25 Sep 2006 08:40

hope you'll recover quickly :lol:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Tue 26 Sep 2006 08:51

Yeah, back in business. Still on Monday I wasn't feeling very well so I went to see the doctor. Noting found so I must be ok then. Today - lazy and unmotivated at the office. This feeling totally sucks.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Tue 26 Sep 2006 17:48

:( Hope you feel better soon, Ante.
gail
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to EN - General