Could monarchism in America stop the War on Terror?

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Could monarchism in America stop the War on Terror?

Postby Silver Cougar » Wed 28 Jun 2006 04:38

I need your guys opinions on something that has been in my mind for a long time. Do you think with the current problems in our world and in the U.S. in particular with Bush and Terrorism and so forth that if monarchy and other forms of government are "added" to the U.S. could they save our world and the U.S. from the current issues on our world at hand? Opinions and Comments welcome. I think they could. I think if I were King of America, I could genuinelly save America and the world from the current issues. I also want your comments and opinions on something else. The Mayans predicted the end of the world on December 22nd, 2012 A.D. Many others have predictions about that date. Comments and Opinions on that are also welcome. Thank you. Peace to all! :D :arrow: :wink: :)
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby phil1908 » Wed 28 Jun 2006 08:51

Belgium is a monarchy! The king has no power....so, it's nearly the same as in US: all the power is in the arms of the politics at the government...so, not sure it will bring a lot of diffrence :?

phil1908
Site Admin

Postby gail » Wed 28 Jun 2006 11:15

It depends on your definition of monarchy I think. A monarch could be compared to a dictator. An aggressive monarch could be the cause of world conflicts between countries too and he or she could rule until their death.

Think of the freedoms you have in the US and how they could be drastically changed. European's came here to get away from religious persecution and excessive taxation. I was able to vote in several Presidential elections. I personally would like to have that choice, even though the candidate I voted for in the last two elections was not voted in.

___

We've already passed predicted end of the world dates. :D Let's just say I'm not going to worry about 2012. ;)

“Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.”
Leo F. Buscaglia
gail
Site Admin

Postby V.N. » Wed 28 Jun 2006 13:21

1:
The only thing a monarch woud be usefull for in a democracy (I guess that's what they got in the US..) is advertising... (what a pretty vocabulary I have today..)

Even some monarchs must not have an influence on politics..

2:
Why exactly the 22. Dec. 2012? Who says it couldn't be on the 21. as well??.. I doubt it would happen in the next 7.000.000 years..
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Re: Could monarchism in America stop the War on Terror?

Postby Ante » Wed 28 Jun 2006 15:34

Silver Cougar wrote:I think if I were King of America, I could genuinelly save America and the world from the current issues.

Nice thought but how would you do it?

Silver Cougar wrote:The Mayans predicted the end of the world on December 22nd, 2012 A.D. Many others have predictions about that date.

Like... who? But basically the end of the world has happened many times already. The mayan end of the world idea is based on the mayan 5125 year calendar cycle.

The Classic Period Maya obviously did not believe that the end of this age would occur in 2012. According to the Maya, there will be a baktun* ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world.

By simply looking the facts we can say that Homo sapiens has been living on this planet for 500 000 to 300 000 years already. The period of mayans can be placed between 200 and 900 AC. Now, you can count how many 5125 year cycles fit in the time when homo sapiens has been living here, a lot! So what I'm trying to say that the end of the world has happened already 60 times during the time of Homo sapiens and 800 000 times during the existence of our lovely planet, The Earth. So what if another end of the world is coming - we can take it easily :)

*A Baktun is 20 Katun** cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar.
** = 144 000 days
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Thu 29 Jun 2006 13:15

i can tell you this thing... there is no perfect system for ruling the country. this way or another, problems will appear, wars will be waged and terrorists will be terrorising.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Silver Cougar » Fri 30 Jun 2006 04:10

I am a supporter of monarchism, monarchy, and monarchists and what they stand for and what they're trying to do. I think what this country (USA) needs is more than one type of government so that everyone would be satisfied: basically like semi-nations, nations within a nation. I wish I was King of America so that I could unite the world against evil and try to rehabilitate and redeem both good and evil and what's in between. I wish I was King of America so that I could show the world and this country all that I have gone through in my life to reach the point I am at now and at this point in my life I am unwilling to quit. I was born as Richard George Maberry on November 10, 1982 in Washington, D.C. and was born under the Astrological Zodiac Sun Sign of Scorpio and once Scorpios put their minds into doing something, they don't quit doing it. I have this type of outlook on my work at Target, on my leisure time at home and on my religion and philosophy. Comments, questions, and/or thoughts, etc. are welcome. Thank you for the ones that you have posted so far because they have been enlightening. :wink: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :D
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby V.N. » Fri 30 Jun 2006 08:44

To me it really sounds like you want the US to be a democratic absolute monarchy

No monarchist in a Democracy make expressions on a political subject

I still can't see what they stand for, other than being a scrap of the country they belong to..
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby Sunich » Fri 30 Jun 2006 10:14

everybody can't be satisfied. esp. in such a big country. but you're aiming at making the world a better place to live in. that's good. :wink:
Sunich
VIP

Postby Silver Cougar » Fri 30 Jun 2006 20:05

Sunich wrote:everybody can't be satisfied. esp. in such a big country. but you're aiming at making the world a better place to live in. that's good. :wink:

Exactly. That's presicely what I'm trying to do. I wish that every political party in America could rule America together and so that way everyone would be satisfied. But yes you are right. In the end you can't always get what you want and be satisfied. But I am seriously trying to make this world a better place. I been trying to do it every day of my life. Besides, I am a pacifist not a dictatorship loving gun controlling mongrol. I am a liberal, democratic, peace loving Human being who's trying to make his way in this universe like everyone else. And no I don't want absolute monarchy.
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby Pifou » Fri 30 Jun 2006 20:52

All what you say is very interesting Silver Cougar,

In my opinion, if you want to change this world, every dictatorship has to see people as human being and not as a bundle of dollars/euros...

That's what i think...

:wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Silver Cougar » Fri 30 Jun 2006 23:27

Pifou wrote:All what you say is very interesting Silver Cougar,

In my opinion, if you want to change this world, every dictatorship has to see people as human being and not as a bundle of dollars/euros...

That's what i think...

:wink:

You're right. In fact I do see people as Human Beings and I have the same attitude towards every living being on this planet including animals and plants. Star Trek takes this view further by using the term Sentient Being regardless of Human, Animal or plant life form any of those three types of life can be called Sentient Beings if they fall under the description of being one in my book. Thank you all for your very welcome comments. :D
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby Sunich » Sat 1 Jul 2006 11:37

unfortunately, such people as you, Silver Cougar, never get a chance to become a king or a president. :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby Silver Cougar » Mon 3 Jul 2006 04:49

Sunich wrote:unfortunately, such people as you, Silver Cougar, never get a chance to become a king or a president. :(

I know tell me about it. Isn't that sad?! :cry: :? All I want to do is make this world a better place and make people happy, but the laws in place with the satus quo prevent me from doing so. :arrow: Hey that rhymes! :lol: :arrow: 8) :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :lol:
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby Ante » Mon 3 Jul 2006 06:26

Silver Cougar wrote:I know tell me about it. Isn't that sad?! :cry: :? All I want to do is make this world a better place and make people happy

But you can, and you don't need to be a king to do that :)
Ante
Site Admin

Next

Return to EN - Off topic madness!