PS4 Syberia 3 patch

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

PS4 Syberia 3 patch

Postby merlinxwiz » Sun 28 May 2017 10:31

I have spent many days playing Syberia 3 for the PS4, when I finally find the temple and cross to the other side by the bridge that needs to be crossed the game autosaves just fine, but when I shut down the game and try to continue the game it will NOT LOAD!! I had to start a new game and get to that point in the game AGAIN past the temple and the game does the same thing, it will NOT LOAD the saved game by the bridge..AGAIN, I spent many days. You need to fix this! And you need to tell us about when it will be released. Please don't tell me and everyone SOON, tell us WHEN, or at LEAST BE NICE ABOUT IT and tell us ABOUT WHEN it will be released so me and everyone else doesn't need to check back every day for months to find out when! Be Professional...If you do not, then I will NEVER buy another game from this company! I have been playing video games for over 40 years!
Mark Kiziuk
merlinxwiz
Youki

Re: PS4 Syberia 3 patch

Postby timbobway » Mon 5 Jun 2017 00:27

I have the same problem. I talked to Kurk near the bridge then looked at the oven thing and lost the ability to back out of the puzzle. I reloaded the save, as I do every time I have this problem; It started at the roller coaster thing where I wasn't able to back out of the car, now I can't reload my save at all. It is just the ostrich running and the the tip at the bottom. It really stinks because, like you, I am at the end of the game. The glitch where you can't back out of the puzzle or lose the ability to press buttons seems to happen more and more near the end of the game. I am afraid to start over in fear of it happening again. Microids please fix this problem!
timbobway
Youki

Postby merlinxwiz » Mon 5 Jun 2017 01:34

Hi Timbobway. What I wound up doing was copying my save file (right after you finish the light beam/mirror puzzle) to a USB drive and I saved a copy to the cloud through playstation Plus. It looks like ANY SAVES after past that point get corrupted! Also I know what your talking about with the camera angles by the oven/stove looking thing and I have seen the camera having problems in other parts of the game as well. The first two times that I played this game I wound up with corrupted save files that did just what you mentioned at the load screen (very annoying spending countless hours to get this!) I had to play the game 3 times before realizing to make a back up of the save game file. if you dont know how to back up your saved game, go into the playstation settings and (I think?) it's under "Application Saved Data Management." To upload/download to the playstation Plus cloud, make sure the game is not running then I think you highlight the game icon then press the options button on the joypad. Hope this helps. Also since I finally finished the game, they leave the ending open for another sequeal! I just hope the sequel is debugged before it is released!
Mark
merlinxwiz
Youki

Postby timbobway » Mon 5 Jun 2017 02:22

Thanks for the help and suggestion Mark. I will start the game over again and try backing up the save after the light beam puzzle. Thankfully the save file is small. Also, thanks for letting me know about "the point of no return" before the save gets corrupted. At least there will be a chance the next time though. It is really annoying to spent just over a week playing a game only to get a corrupt save right at the end, of all places. It is a good game I just wish it wasn't a technical mess. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes when I finally get back to that point. Hopefully if other people run into the same problem they can come here and use your tips.
Thanks again,
Jeff
timbobway
Youki

Postby timbobway » Sat 10 Jun 2017 17:41

Mark, I was able to finish the game and this time with no problems. I didn't even have to use the back up save. Yes, the end was left open ended and was quite disappointing. Lets do hope that if there is another game it is heavily beta tested.
Jeff
timbobway
Youki

Postby merlinxwiz » Sat 10 Jun 2017 18:37

Way to go Jeff!
Mark
merlinxwiz
Youki

Postby gail » Tue 1 Aug 2017 17:34

Just saw this link from Microids posted at FaceBook today for a patch for the PS4. https://store.playstation.com/#!/jeux/s ... A3EU000001

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/microids/photo ... 3411214604
gail
Site Admin

Postby merlinxwiz » Tue 1 Aug 2017 21:52

Thank you Gail!
Mark
merlinxwiz
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support