What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Re: What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

Postby gail » Sat 13 Aug 2016 14:56

I replayed Syberia in July thanks to Niniendowarrior via Steam. Couldn't get my original CD version to work on my current computer. We know who to go to if we ever want a Blue Helena now, Senta. ;-)
gail
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Sun 14 Aug 2016 15:36

Welcome to my humble house and drink Blue Helenas ;)

Problems with Sill life :-/
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 16 Aug 2016 07:02

Senta wrote:i still can make Blue Helena without walktrough :D

I can't believe you! You've even had one in real life with me!!
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Tue 16 Aug 2016 09:24

Thats true Ante, in Torni-bar Helsinki <3
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:34

Senta wrote:Thats true Ante, in Torni-bar Helsinki <3

Yup, just two minute walk away from where I am working right now :)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Siren Drake » Tue 16 Aug 2016 23:47

I just finished The Room 2. The first in the series was great: gorgeous graphics, challenging puzzles, a little thin on story perhaps but very atmospheric. The second was nowhere near as good. The graphics aren't as attractive, and the puzzles are mostly simplistic inventory puzzles.

They gave themselves a tough act to follow, but it was still a disappointment. The Room 3 has already been out for a while, but the reviews aren't exactly stellar. I may pick it up anyway if the price drops enough, but I'm not expecting a whole lot from it.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby Senta » Mon 20 Mar 2017 07:35

The casual... CSI-fatal conspiracy :)
Syberia 1 and 2
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Senta » Sun 2 Apr 2017 10:07

Journey to the center of the world
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Siren Drake » Wed 12 Apr 2017 00:07

I finished a series of games called Cube Escape. They're weird, creepy, and gory, but if you don't mind that, the first game in the series is quite good. It's called Cube Escape: Seasons. The entire series is available on iStore as a free download.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby Ante » Fri 21 Apr 2017 13:11

On Easter I finished a really interesting game Inside. It's a bit hard to describe it entirely but keywords that apply are: 2D on 3D background, side scrolling, haunting, dystopia, puzzle, fascinating, scary, shocking, moody. I didn't really know much of this game before playing it but now it went to my top 10 recent games.

The Witness is a 3D first person view puzzle game that utilizes the same concept of puzzle throughout the game. I enjoyed it a while but since the game is really repetitive I gave up.

And you know what - these days we have enough of everything. So below are two lists. If you see the same name twice it means that I have the game on multiple platforms :D

Games that I own but I have not even started

Aragami
Bastion
BLUES AND BULLETS
Broken Age
Canis Canem Edit*
Costume Quest 2
Crysis 3
Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin
Dead Secret
Dead Space 2
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Dreamfall Chapters
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Echochrome
FEZ
Final Fantasy VII
Firewatch
Game Dev Tycoon
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Kentucky Route Zero
Layers of Fear
Limbo
Loco Roco 2
Lost Odyssey
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect 3
Motor Storm RC
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
Nier
Persona 3 Portable
RESIDENT EVIL 2*
Spec Ops The Line
Syberia
Team Fortress 2
The Bunker
The Expendabros
The Guest
The Stanley Parable
The Walking Dead - A Telltale Games Series 2
TIS-100
TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX | SIEGE
Tomb Raider Digital Edition
Tomb Raider II Starring Lara Croft
Tomorrow Children
Trine
Uncharted 3
Valiant Hearts
Virginia

Games that I own and have started but not completed

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Contradiction
Darkest Dungeon
Dead Nation
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record
Dear Esther
Defense Grid 2
Democrasy 3
Dishonored Game of the Year Edition
Dying Light The Following
Enslaved odyssey to the West
Gone Home
Grim Fandango
Gyromancer
Hacknet
Hearthstone
Hotline Miami
Layton Brothers
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Slug Anthology
Metro Last Light Complete Edition
OXENFREE
Persona 4
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Psychonauts
Psychonauts*
Rayman Legends
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil: Origins Collection
Salt and Sanctuary
Serena
Shadow Complex Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei Persona
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Final Station
The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition
The Room 2
The Walking Dead - A Telltale Games Series 1
The Witness
Triggerheart Exelica
Valkyria Chronicles
Wanishing of Ethan Carter
Yakuza 5
Yakuza Dead Souls
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Siren Drake » Fri 2 Jun 2017 06:10

Tried Devil May Cry. The graphics aren't bad, but they're garish, and it's yet another game full of hideous monsters in yet another ugly dystopia. Plus, the player is given zero agency. The entire game is nothing but Fight - Fight - Fight - Fight - Cutscene; rinse and repeat. I never even got a dialogue option. You play a preset character named Dante. I didn't play long enough to figure out whether he's a reluctant hero or an antihero, but he's certainly a curmudgeonly sort, despite his apparent youth. He's the sort of character that will seem cool to adolescent males and rather obnoxious to most everyone else. But even though I barely got started, I have a sneaking suspicion that I've already guessed the big reveals at the end of the game. I probably shouldn't post my guesses tho in case I'm right. If you like games that are nothing but fighting and a mere pretense of a story, you'd probably find it a fun romp, but its not my cup of tea.

Tried Remember Me. The graphics are high-definition and well-rendered, but it's yet another game full of hideous monsters in yet another ugly dystopia. The story is presented more organically than it is in Devil May Cry, but gameplay is similar: fighting and cutscenes. Remember Me starts the game with yet another protagonist suffering memory loss. Based on what I saw of the story, this cliche has more reason for being used in Remember Me than in most stories, but its still an overused cliche, and because the protagonist knows nothing of herself, the player can't know anything about her and therefore withholds sympathy which is a dangerous way to start a story when the story is a bizarre SciFi world in which humanity has become addicted to memory recordings and the protagonist just had her memory wiped by the big bad evil corporation and now she's trying to escape corporate goons, corporate robots, and deformed monsters who were once human beings. I mean, its not as though many of us can relate to something like that. Just the same, I might have played longer, but the controls seemed finicky and unresponsive. Some may enjoy it, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Tried Metro: Last Light. It's an FPS with good quality graphics, but it's yet another game full of hideous monsters in yet another ugly dystopia. Again, you as the player seem to have no agency beyond how much you dawdle between the various fights. Instead of cutscenes, NPCs discuss current events when you approach. Until they run out of dialogue and fall silent. Your character never speaks and never interacts with other characters aside from moving close enough to trigger speech from them. The combat was a little fast-paced for me, but the moment I turned off the game was when it waited until I was losing a firefight to teach me how to change the filter in my gas mask. I didn't get it changed, I didn't win the fight, and I didn't keep playing. Someone who is better at FPS games will probably enjoy it more than I did, unless - like me - you don't relish the prospect of a game where you can't ever take the time to explore because your character's air is running out. And it runs out FAST. If running and shooting is your style, it would probably be fun for you, but it's not my cup of tea.

Played thru the intro of Rain. It has an intriguing premise. It appears to be about sneaking rather than combat, and it has me wanting to know more about what's going on. There's a monster, but I think it's the only one, and I wouldn't characterize the world as a dystopia based on what I've seen so far. It has the potential to be something quite special, and I look forward to giving it a try.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby broma » Sat 21 Oct 2017 11:48

I am playing Fallout 1 because of the recent 20th anniversary of the game. Still cool after all these years but you know... War, war never changes. #nostalgic
To want to, is to be able to.
broma
Youki

Previous

Return to EN - Games Related