PS4 - Syberia 3 - Bug(s)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

PS4 - Syberia 3 - Bug(s)

Postby ukshaun » Wed 26 Apr 2017 10:46

Hi, this is my 1st post, and it relates to a bug i found while playing Syberia 3 on the Playstation 4

Wandering around the market place all was fine. I could exit the market place and re enter it without issue. I could also interact with other characters in the scene.

On re booting the game the following day, I was once again able to walk around the market place. The problem was, i could not exit the market place, and there appeared to be no way of inter acting with the other characters. There were no prompt icons, the other characters failed to interact with Kate.

I have only one save point, as the game auto saves on the Playstation 4. I hope they fix this issue soon, as for the moment i am unable to continue playing a game i've owned for only 2 days :(
Last edited by ukshaun on Fri 28 Apr 2017 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
ukshaun
Youki

Re: PS4 - Syberia 3 - Bug

Postby ukshaun » Thu 27 Apr 2017 09:58

Since there appears to be no fast solution to the bug mentioned in my previous post, I decided to re start the game from scratch.

Spoiler:

This time i picked up the paper-work from a character located in the market, before exiting outside and collecting other items (sponge, ink etc) which might have trigged the 'bug' then set about attempting to get the paper-work stamped.
ukshaun
Youki

Re: PS4 - Syberia 3 - Bug(s)

Postby ukshaun » Fri 28 Apr 2017 12:08

Spotted some graphic issues on the Playstation 4 version of Syberia 3

There appears to be a section of ship floating in the sky.

Inside the ship in the basement area where the mechanics are located, there appears to be floor textures missing, which makes life next to impossible, as Kate appears to be walking in the air, and on invisible stairs.
Last edited by ukshaun on Sun 7 May 2017 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
ukshaun
Youki

Postby Ante » Sun 30 Apr 2017 04:20

I would love to contribute to this thread. I want to complete the game first and then share my own findings. I encountered the missing floor at the boat as well and it was pretty bad.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Sun 30 Apr 2017 06:59

Same situation. Spoilers behind this link! http://imgur.com/a/92Pee
Ante
Site Admin

Postby ukshaun » Wed 3 May 2017 10:25

Ante wrote:I would love to contribute to this thread. I want to complete the game first and then share my own findings. I encountered the missing floor at the boat as well and it was pretty bad.

Some good news on the missing floor / floor-texture on the PS4 release (can't comment on the Xbox or PC version)

When the opportunity first arises to climb onboard the boat, avoid the downstairs area that contains mechanics, cogs etc, as there is no need to visit this area of the boat at this time during the game.

At a later stage during the game, when the player is required to visit the downstairs area of the boat, the floor / floor textures are present :)

I get the impression the PS4 release was play-tested as to complete each puzzle in order without taking into account those new to the game might do things differently, which might explain why the game appears to be broken from time to time.
ukshaun
Youki

Postby ukshaun » Sun 7 May 2017 16:34

Playstation 4 - Stumbled across another bug that fails to let the player continue :(

Location: Underground train tunnel. After speaking to Oscar, it appears to be impossible to exit via the stairs that were used to enter the location?
- i tried all areas along the width of the stair-way to try and trigger something, but nothing, no luck.

The only option appeared to be to exit the game and restart from the 'continue' option, thus placing the player back into the main tunnel area. Out of interest, I return to the location of oscar, and the same bug was triggered.

ukshaun
Youki

Postby Gozaimasu » Sun 10 Sep 2017 16:48

I have tried to contact Microids themselves, different fanpages, facebook page but I haven't got answer/help to my problem.

I can't progress in the game since in very beginning when Kate is in the basement and need to pour the acid to the chains to release the boat. I can't do that action. It won't let me pour the acid so I am stuck there.
I tried: restart, re-installing the game, boost mode on/off, with/without the update but nothing works.

Can someone help with this?
Gozaimasu
Youki

Return to EN - Syberia III