Syberia 3 PS4 No buttons bug (Spoiler alert)

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia 3 PS4 No buttons bug (Spoiler alert)

Postby maurice » Sun 23 Apr 2017 18:02

My game is saved in the amusement park. When I load the game Kate is near Oscar on the bench.

No buttons are available to press.
When I load it for a second time, two buttons will become active on Oscar. This are the only buttons I can use. No other buttons at all so I can not move to another location.

I use the latest update.
I restarted my PS4, I restarted the game. I tried to look at objects and books but nothing works. I am stuck in the game and cannot continue unless I start all over. :-(

I add an attachment so you can see the buttons on Oscar.
Attachments
Syberia Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot
maurice
Youki

Re: Syberia 3 PS4 No buttons bug (Spoiler alert)

Postby alfonso » Wed 26 Apr 2017 10:38

Same problem here with PS4.
I left the game in this point, back and I can't see any action button on the screen, so I can't do nothing.
alfonso
Youki

Postby sandgren » Thu 27 Apr 2017 10:04

I have the same issue. Can only look at Oscar on the beach, all other interactions are gone. It started for me after a ride in the roller coaster where it stopped before the platform and I got off in mid air.

Please fix.

ps. after 13 years of waiting, one would have thougt that the number of bugs would have been close to 0 and not 100+ :(
sandgren
Youki

Postby alfonso » Thu 27 Apr 2017 12:18

A workaround is start a new game, then load previous game. It works for me.
alfonso
Youki

Postby sandgren » Fri 28 Apr 2017 10:22

@alfonso, thank you. That did the trick :)
sandgren
Youki

Postby maurice » Wed 3 May 2017 18:23

For what I can remember I also did use the rollercoaster, stepped out of it and closed the game.

There was no fix yet so i replayed the game from start, choosing different dialog options, giving me new achievements. When I came to this point again, I kept playing till the next part and finished the game successful without this bug.

I also uploaded my save game to PS4 storage, so I had a backup if the bug would happen again.
maurice
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Sat 20 May 2017 23:25

sandgren wrote:ps. after 13 years of waiting, one would have thougt that the number of bugs would have been close to 0 and not 100+ :(

In all fairness, they didn't get the project funded until most of those thirteen years had passed.

But I'm sure it's frustrating to have so many serious bugs in a game you've waited so long to play.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby jazzzyk » Tue 6 Jun 2017 20:02

The messages about bugs are certainly annoying! I'll confirm starting a new game then immediately loading (you have to wait until it shows Kate at the clinic) works though, thanks so much!
jazzzyk
Youki

Postby Colin » Fri 9 Jun 2017 02:32

I am also having pretty much the same problem on my xbox one. I attempted to start a new game then restore. When i tried a message came up saying that if i started a new game my current auto save would be deleted. Can anyone help me? But I have been really enjoying the game.
Colin
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support