Installs but flickers out of fullscreen mode and wont run

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Installs but flickers out of fullscreen mode and wont run

Postby RunnyEgg » Wed 18 May 2016 21:20

Hi.

I have a Dell Latitude Laptop.

I attempted to install this game and afterwards it wont run after clicking the icon for it. It will give a black flashing in and out of full screen mode and then poops and does nothing. After installing the second disk it said something like "DirectX8.0a Object error" but I don't know if that is really the problem or not..

I have also attempted to change it's compatibility..and change screen resolution for it.. but doesn't seem to comply at all.

I have to say that I have really loved this game in the past but it is such a pain not being able to run it on newer computers.. I feel driven to do some piracy and download an emulator with a Syberia I or II file instead..

I have once attempted to reinstall it on a newer computer and it had a slow-mo glitch which I have used one of the "patches" for it but still had iffy graphics.. but was enough to satisfy my Syberia craving.

Sigh.... I'm afraid I really don't know what to do in this case scenario though..

I have attempted to reinstall DirectX and to check for computer glitches within it's installation process.. but there is nothing..
RunnyEgg
Youki

Re: Installs but flickers out of fullscreen mode and wont ru

Postby gail » Thu 19 May 2016 13:52

Hi RunnyEgg and welcome to the Syberia games fan forum.

You may want to contact tech support with your problem using the link below.
http://www.syberia.microids.com/EN/contact
gail
Site Admin

Postby RunnyEgg » Sat 21 May 2016 16:38

Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to me? It's been almost a week.
RunnyEgg
Youki

Postby Ripley212 » Sat 1 Oct 2016 20:47

I'm also running into this problem with Syberia and Syberia 2. I have the original CDs. It would be wonderful to play these again.
Ripley212
Youki

Postby gail » Sun 2 Oct 2016 00:42

I have the original game disks too. Syberia II was a gift from Microids. I couldn't play either game earlier this year using Windows 7, but a friend let me use his Steam account to play them. I do hope something can be done for those of us who already paid for the games once. :)
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ripley212 » Sun 2 Oct 2016 08:54

That's a nice friend! Good to know though that the Steam versions work. I've been eyeing the GOG ones but some seem to have tech issues that aren't solved.

I tried VirtualBox today with WinXP as the virtual system but that didn't work. (error message asking me to remove the debugger and try again...) Android has a free trial which works well but it's small - I really love the graphics of these games on the big screen.
Ripley212
Youki

Postby skoville » Sat 14 Jan 2017 17:46

Ripley212 wrote:I'm also running into this problem with Syberia and Syberia 2. I have the original CDs. It would be wonderful to play these again.

Same here. Oddly enough Syberia 1 installed [after many tries] and seems fine. Syberia 2 won't run . What I noticed is there isn't a game.exe file in the S2 folder.
I'd rather not do a dual boot just to play one game and VirtualBox doesn't seem to work for everyone.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it. (Leo D)
skoville
Youki

Postby skoville » Sat 14 Jan 2017 19:46

gail wrote:I have the original game disks too. Syberia II was a gift from Microids. I couldn't play either game earlier this year using Windows 7, but a friend let me use his Steam account to play them. I do hope something can be done for those of us who already paid for the games once. :)

Hi Gail. I'm in the same position. If you have a Steam account do you play Syberia 2 or do you have to buy it?
Very aggravating.
...and why don't the BBCodes work?
skoville
Youki

Postby gail » Mon 16 Jan 2017 15:58

skoville wrote:Hi Gail. I'm in the same position. If you have a Steam account do you play Syberia 2 or do you have to buy it?
Very aggravating.
My friend from this forum paid for the games then added me as a family member on Steam so I could enjoy them again.
I've asked about the BBC codes before but will ask again.
gail
Site Admin

Postby skoville » Sun 22 Jan 2017 16:10

gail wrote:
skoville wrote:Hi Gail. I'm in the same position. If you have a Steam account do you play Syberia 2 or do you have to buy it?
Very aggravating.
My friend from this forum paid for the games then added me as a family member on Steam so I could enjoy them again.
I've asked about the BBC codes before but will ask again.

I had a run in with steam a long time ago with their Orange box and just do not like them. I'd like to find a better solution. Now they revoked my registration because it "must be linked with a Steam account". Sorry, but I think they are money grubbing creeps.
skoville
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support