SOLVED*Syberia 2 Audio dialogues being cut short*SOLVED

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

SOLVED*Syberia 2 Audio dialogues being cut short*SOLVED

Postby TrickyTrent » Thu 20 Oct 2016 23:33

Hey guys, I have recently purchased Syberia 2 on steam and I've come across a problem where the audio dialogue is being cut short. What I mean by this is that the character will start talking and it will abruptly cut off before the sentence is finished. This also causes the subtitles to disappear as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to no avail. I've also tried to look some stuff up online, but can't get a direct solution. I also contacted support and am waiting for an answer. If it is solved, I will post the resolution in here. If anyone can help, it would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by TrickyTrent on Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
TrickyTrent
Youki

Re: Syberia 2 Audio dialogues being cut short.

Postby stone » Fri 21 Oct 2016 17:03

Could you post a little more details about you hardware specification? System, type of audio card etc
stone
Site Admin

Postby TrickyTrent » Sat 22 Oct 2016 01:59

Hey stone, thanks for the reply. My system information is below.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790k CPU @4.00GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
System type: Windows 10 Profession 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR
Audio: Onboard sound card
Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 60hz

If you need any additional information, just let me know. Thank you again for the help!
TrickyTrent
Youki

Postby stone » Tue 25 Oct 2016 20:26

Sorry for late answer. Sadly I dont have solution for you yet. I was searching a little bit but didnt find anything similar.
Only thing I can suggest for now is to try changing compatibility settings for the game. Here it is described how to do it http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to- ... indows-10/ in Compatibility Settings paragraph
Try different options at let us know if this helped or not.
stone
Site Admin

Postby TrickyTrent » Thu 27 Oct 2016 04:37

Thank you for the reply. I tried in compatibility mode and it still wouldn't work. I'm going to try to delete it once more and reinstall. Let me know if you ever figure anything out! Thanks again!
TrickyTrent
Youki

Postby TrickyTrent » Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:13

Okay, so I have found the solution! Not sure if there is a way to mark it as solved on here, but hopefully people will find it.

The problem is with the Frame rate. If you're pulling too many frames, this will cause the engine to speed up and cut off the audio. The solution to this, is capping the frame rate. Enabling vSync did not work for me, so here is my solution.

1) Start Nvidia settings and add game.exe to the 3D settings tool. (This is needed because the Inspector tool only judges based on the executable's name, and "game.exe" is used by many games. Adding it from Nvidia settings generates a profile using the full path.)
2) Download the inspector. As of now, the link is here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvi ... nload.html
3) Start "nvidiaProfileInspector.exe".
3.5) If you're taken to the monitoring window that shows the BIOS version, Device ID, Temperature, etc... Clikc on the little "tools" icon on "Driver Version".
4) From the "home" icon at the top (In between "profiles" and the "refresh" icon) Click the drop down arrow on the home button, select the profile of the game- NOTE: YOU WILL WANT GAME.EXE NOT SYBERIA2.EXE
5) In the "Frame Rate Limiter" setting, select a value of about 60fps.
6) Click "Apply changes" at the top.

Hope this helps!
TrickyTrent
Youki

Re: SOLVED*Syberia 2 Audio dialogues being cut short*SOLVED

Postby stone » Fri 28 Oct 2016 19:49

Thanks for the solution. You have really tracked it down :)
stone
Site Admin

Return to EN - Technical Support