Syberia III - Wish List

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Re: Syberia III - Wish List

Postby Siren Drake » Sun 31 Jul 2016 18:11

Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 wrote:Really? Perfect! But what does it have to do the E3 video? I understood that "temporary voices" were for English/French versions, not for Italian dubbing.

Do you mean as Syberia and Syberia II?

I don't know what their plans are for the Italian version, or even if there will be an Italian version. But if they haven't finalized the voice recordings yet, there's still room to hope.

It has been a lot of years since I played Siberia 1 or 2 on the PC, and I don't remember the details of how it handled game saves. More recently, I have been playing the iOS port, and all it has is checkpoint saves. When I load the iOS game, I can continue from the point of the last checkpoint save or I can start over from the beginning of the game. There are no other save/load options. Being able to keep as many game saves as I like at whatever point in the game I choose seems like basic functionality to me. Unfortunately, game designers today don't seem to want to provide that functionality, and I really don't understand why.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 » Tue 2 Aug 2016 17:17

Siren Drake wrote:
Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 wrote:Really? Perfect! But what does it have to do the E3 video? I understood that "temporary voices" were for English/French versions, not for Italian dubbing.

I don't know what their plans are for the Italian version, or even if there will be an Italian version. But if they haven't finalized the voice recordings yet, there's still room to hope.

Ok. But is still this the official website - forum, isn't it? Because some fan tried to contact Microids on Steam to know about the dubbing. Is there anyone of Microids' staff here?

Anyway I'm disappointed about this choice. Very disappointed. I find that Syberia had success (a view that is shared by a lot of Italian fans) partly thanks to Italian dubbing.
Oscar_ModelloXZ2000
Automaton

Postby soulcypher » Tue 2 Aug 2016 21:55

I would like S3 would run on Unity 5.4 and use cinematic image effects:
Screen Space Raytraced Reflections (SSRR), Tonemapping, Color Grading, Antialiasing (SMAA), and Depth of Field
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51515

Spoiler:

soulcypher
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Wed 3 Aug 2016 18:39

Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 wrote:Ok. But is still this the official website - forum, isn't it? Because some fan tried to contact Microids on Steam to know about the dubbing. Is there anyone of Microids' staff here?

Anyway I'm disappointed about this choice. Very disappointed. I find that Syberia had success (a view that is shared by a lot of Italian fans) partly thanks to Italian dubbing.

I don't think the Microids guys check in here all that often. I think your best bet these days for contacting someone at Microids is probably their Facebook page.

Don't be too quick to be disappointed. The voice acting isn't in its final form yet. Until you've heard official word from Microids that the Italian version won't have dubbing, there's good reason to think that dubbing will be used. It was used in the last two games, right? If Syberia 1 & 2 sold well in the Italian market, then Syberia 3 will probably also have Italian dubbing.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Wed 3 Aug 2016 18:44

soulcypher wrote:I would like S3 would run on Unity 5.4 and use cinematic image effects:
Screen Space Raytraced Reflections (SSRR), Tonemapping, Color Grading, Antialiasing (SMAA), and Depth of Field

Any particular reason? Or are you just shilling Unity?
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby soulcypher » Wed 3 Aug 2016 20:53

Siren Drake wrote:
Any particular reason? Or are you just shilling Unity?

To give additional atmosphere to the environments.
soulcypher
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Wed 3 Aug 2016 23:05

soulcypher wrote:To give additional atmosphere to the environments.

That was a nice non-answer.

Anyway, I'm sure some lovely game environments can be developed with Unity. Of course, I'm sure there are lots of tools and engines that can be used to develop lovely game environments.

But Microids has already developed character models, locations, and gameplay. They are probably more than halfway through their development cycle at this point. Whatever tools they selected, I doubt it would be a good idea for them to switch to different tools at this point.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby soulcypher » Thu 4 Aug 2016 01:51

Siren Drake wrote:
soulcypher wrote:To give additional atmosphere to the environments.

That was a nice non-answer.

Anyway, I'm sure some lovely game environments can be developed with Unity. Of course, I'm sure there are lots of tools and engines that can be used to develop lovely game environments.

But Microids has already developed character models, locations, and gameplay. They are probably more than halfway through their development cycle at this point. Whatever tools they selected, I doubt it would be a good idea for them to switch to different tools at this point.

When you have matte painting environment art in 2D adventure game, you use colours, colour values to build the athmosphere and the depth of the scene.
With 3D game you have to use shaders, colour grading, tonemapping to simulate volumetric effects. Why not use it if it's there.
But, the hustle is to rebuild the game on newer version of Unity.
Last edited by soulcypher on Thu 4 Aug 2016 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
soulcypher
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Thu 4 Aug 2016 03:17

soulcypher wrote:When you have matte painting environment art in 2D adventure game, you use colours, colour values to give to build the athmosphere and the depth of the scene.
With 3D game you have to use shaders, colour grading, tonemapping to simulate volumetric effects. Why not use it if it's there.
But, the hustle is to rebuild the game on newer version of Unity.

I'm pretty sure just about any 3D world building software is going to have that, and as I've already explained, I suspect it would be a mistake for the team to switch tools halfway through the development cycle.

Were you unaware that Syberia 3 is already being developed as a 3D game with 3D character models and environments? Or were you trying to say that Microids is already using an older version of Unity, and you want them to upgrade to the newer version?
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby soulcypher » Thu 4 Aug 2016 03:55

Siren Drake wrote:Were you unaware that Syberia 3 is already being developed as a 3D game with 3D character models and environments? Or were you trying to say that Microids is already using an older version of Unity, and you want them to upgrade to the newer version?

I was aware. I'm not forcing it. If it can be done, great. It was just a suggestion because I thought it's cool.
soulcypher
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Thu 4 Aug 2016 04:38

soulcypher wrote:
Siren Drake wrote:Were you unaware that Syberia 3 is already being developed as a 3D game with 3D character models and environments? Or were you trying to say that Microids is already using an older version of Unity, and you want them to upgrade to the newer version?

I was aware. I'm not forcing it. If it can be done, great. It was just a suggestion because I thought it's cool.

Not forcing what? The use of Unity? Unless you have controlling stock in Anumen, I don't see how you could force them to use any particular tool.

But if you already knew that they were making Syberia 3 in 3D, then that must mean that you're saying that Unity is superior to what they're using now. So unless you know what they're using now, you must be claiming that Unity is superior to every other 3D tool on the market. And if that's what you mean, I'd sure like to know why you said that. It can't be just because Unity has shaders and tone mapping, because I'm willing to bet that they ALL have that.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 » Thu 4 Aug 2016 09:30

Siren Drake wrote:
Oscar_ModelloXZ2000 wrote:Ok. But is still this the official website - forum, isn't it? Because some fan tried to contact Microids on Steam to know about the dubbing. Is there anyone of Microids' staff here?

I don't think the Microids guys check in here all that often. I think your best bet these days for contacting someone at Microids is probably their Facebook page.

Don't be too quick to be disappointed. The voice acting isn't in its final form yet. Until you've heard official word from Microids that the Italian version won't have dubbing, there's good reason to think that dubbing will be used. It was used in the last two games, right? If Syberia 1 & 2 sold well in the Italian market, then Syberia 3 will probably also have Italian dubbing.

Someone tried and they said: "Hi. At this time of the developpement some dubbed languages are not planned but it could change in the upcoming months. So it could happen!". Well, let's hope!
Maybe you're right. I'd like that Microids reply us. Yes, Italian dubbing was used.
Well, maybe you're right.
Oscar_ModelloXZ2000
Automaton

Postby Tona » Thu 6 Oct 2016 21:32

I would like to be able to use my left-handed mouse in this game. I know it's a small thing and it's not a deal breaker, but it would REALLY be nice!
Tona
Youki

Postby Siren Drake » Mon 10 Oct 2016 15:47

Is the ability to use a left-handed mouse dependent on individual program settings? I would have expected that to be operating system dependent. Windows has settings allowing the function of a mouse's buttons to be changed; I suspect it's the same for Apple.
Siren Drake
Youki

Postby LaTanya » Sat 9 Sep 2017 19:45

BTW, I was totally dissapointed by Syberia 3.

Illogical story, unreasonable sacrifice of Kate's life for the sake of Yuki people. None of characters touched me. It would have been better to stop the adventures of Kate Walker at part II.
LaTanya
Youki

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Syberia III