What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Senta » Fri 7 Apr 2006 10:33

I'm playing now Return to mysterious island. Thank you for the tip Gail :D I'm enjoying very much!
I have also CSI: dimensions of murder here on my table waiting for playing :D I preordered it and got it on tuesday.
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby gail » Fri 7 Apr 2006 21:54

Hope you enjoy the tropical atmosphere as much as I did, Senta. :D

No One Lives Forever 2 is what I started playing this week. So far it is fun, even with the WASD controls, which I was able to get used to, but are not my favorite. ;) Now if only this patched game would quit taking me back to my desktop. :| I had hoped my nVidia GeForce 6600 GT video card could handle newer games. Hopefully I'll be able to solve this conflict.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Krysie » Thu 20 Apr 2006 21:45

I just beat Tomb Raider: Legend. It was short but good and the graphics were pretty cool. I'm currently playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey for Xbox. I was going to get the PC version but decided to get the xbox one. I didn't want to use anymore RAM until I get more, lol. The game is pretty cool so far!
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby Ante » Fri 21 Apr 2006 09:43

Krysie - I started Final Fantasy X yesterday! So far it seems to be ok. Only thing that bothers me is the sphere grid - looks confusing.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Krysie » Fri 21 Apr 2006 20:53

Oh, that's great! :) The sphere grid did confuse me also.
I'll try to find my guide book and see what info about it that I can dig up and post it here. :) That thing is really confusing, lol. I haven't played the game in a while. I love still love it though.
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 2 May 2006 04:14

PS2
- JAK II - this is still very good. The graphics are amazing. Animation is superb and the controls / playability - the best I've seen.

PC
- Still Life - ok so far
- Warcraft III

Xbox
- The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind - this is a great game but requires patience.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed 3 May 2006 17:54

i am playing Dreamfall....for the second time.
and waiting for paradise :)
David
VIP

Postby gail » Wed 3 May 2006 21:10

Any more details about Dreamfall?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Thu 4 May 2006 04:58

David wrote:i am playing Dreamfall....for the second time.
and waiting for paradise :)

Yeah man, keep the Dreamfall thread active and post your comments there. There is at least one who would like to read your discoveries.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby SyberiaWinx » Thu 4 May 2006 22:06

Kingdom Hearts 2.
SyberiaWinx
Youki

Postby doomer » Fri 5 May 2006 14:12

I finished Gothic. :) This is one of the most immersive rpgs I have ever played. Oblivion is pure boredom compared to Gothic. So let me give you more details. The first thing that amazed me in Gothic was that the developers had managed to create a perfect harmony between the main story and the side quests. I hunted, stole, adventured, killed, avenged and all this was clearly connected with the game and made sense. What you have in Oblivion is 10000 side quests plus a very short main quest, all too generic, all too detached, and I got bored quickly and was eager to just finish Oblivion and get it over with. Unfortunately I recently played TES I: Arena as well and it was the same generic stuff, from start to finish. I don't think I'm touching another Elder Scrolls game. But Gothic is made of different stuff. It is a memorable experience and I can do nothing but recommend it to anyone seeking a fun, thrilling, and exciting adventure. I can't wait to play Gothic II sometime in the future, and see Gothic III's release too. :D

On the PS2 I finished Devil May Cry... It was great slashing, kicking, and killing. Reminds me of God of War, and for a 2001 game, DMC truly delivers. I also had fun with Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. With Jean Reno in it, there was no chance I could miss it or not enjoy it. :)

Now I am wondering if Paradise will come to my country. I am even going to call the games' shop to learn more about its *probable* release here... but, unfortunately, I am not sure if this game will reach my country. The thing is that Ubisoft distributes the game, but only in the USA. In Europe the game is distributed by MicroApps or something, and to tell you the truth, I have never heard this name before. Well, I'll just hope. ;)
doomer
Youki

Postby gail » Sat 6 May 2006 01:10

Gothic certainly sounds interesting, Doomer.

Games are shipped internationally from here. With shipping included the game would cost $47.95 US. (I'm waiting for the price to go down first.)
gail
Site Admin

Postby doomer » Sat 6 May 2006 11:36

Thanks, gail. But it seems that the order checkout links to paypal and paypal does not offer membership to my country. There is still a chance that Paradise would be released in my country. I called the games' shop and they said that when it is released in Europe it should come here too. :)
doomer
Youki

Postby gail » Sat 6 May 2006 13:26

Well, that is good news for you. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby doomer » Sat 6 May 2006 14:48

Yes, it is. :) I wonder... will Ubisoft release it in Europe or will it be distributed by some other company... is it released in Europe already? And the European site of Paradise does not offer an English version. I suppose that it is has been released only in the USA so far. I really don't know.
doomer
Youki

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related