Repetative Download.Trojan

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Repetative Download.Trojan

Postby Silver Cougar » Sat 1 Apr 2006 06:15

I seem to be having a problem at startup. After Norton AntiVirus loads up, it shows a Virus Alert message with a High Risk icon near the read X and the details show the object name as C:\WINDOWS\system32\dyna885.dll and the Virus Name as Download.Trojan and the Action Taken as Unable to repair this file. I click the OK butten but then the same message appears but the difference is that the Action Taken shows Access to the file was denied. I've followed instructions given by Symmantec about Safe Mode and scanning and so forth but this message shows up after I do those things and it puts more different dyna dlls in the System 32 folder of Windows. Help would be appreciated. Thank you for any help given and I would appreciate any kind of help real soon because the X for closing the message is clouded and won't work and I can't stop the Trojan from putting more dyna dlls on my PC. Thank you.
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby gail » Sat 1 Apr 2006 18:28

Good to see you here again. I looked at the Norton instructions. I quit using Norton a few years ago to use the free AVG software. Have you tried contacting Symantec Support?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Silver Cougar » Sun 2 Apr 2006 06:53

I'll get back to you guys on my problem when I have a day off from work or something but it doesn't seem to be bothering me right now and seems to not be causing damage to my PC.
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby doomer » Sat 22 Apr 2006 10:14

You should also try running an anti-spyware utility like Spybot: Search and Destroy, which is free and is quite good.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

In addition, you might try deleting the file in the command prompt by going to start/programs/accessories/command prompt.

It would be best to clean your system and not leave virus/spyware in your machine.

I Hope I was of help. :)
doomer
Youki

Postby gail » Sat 6 May 2006 21:00

Have you solved your problem Silver Cougar?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Sat 6 May 2006 21:19

yes doomer,

Spybot Search and Destroy is a very good free anti-spyware utility...
don't forget to update it Silver Cougar.

:wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Sunich » Sun 7 May 2006 17:37

My suggestion:
> get the Reg Run Control Center utility
> remove all the crap from the startup using it
> delete the infected stuff
Sunich
VIP

Return to EN - Off topic madness!