Vivie's playground!!!

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Senta » Sun 19 Mar 2006 16:35

Vivie wrote::
today no college , I went in and learnt that this week and next , we do not have database management , as the instructor is over to Suomi , Finland or NY America, not sure where!!
8)
Finland had earlier code SF, which meant "Suomi, Finland", maybe it was changed because people thought it ment "Soviet, Finland" :shock: Nowadays it is FIN :P
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sun 9 Apr 2006 21:15

Hehe Senta...

It's late over here ,but I've won a prize at some contest my video club renting place did..

nd I won something for once, and it was the week 's highest prize...an Value Pack PSP!!!!!

I still can't believe it....
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 11 Apr 2006 04:16

Good for you, Vivie! 8)
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Tue 11 Apr 2006 11:06

yeah!!!!

btw your signature isn't read properly...

you should enlarge it:)

I've been playing with it and it's fun;)

one question ...why nobody is around ? the forum has been lately abandoned...
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 11 Apr 2006 16:49

Thanks, Vivie. I increased the font of my sig. I could see it just fine using Firefox as my browser.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Wed 12 Apr 2006 08:25

Vivie wrote:one question ...why nobody is around ? the forum has been lately abandoned...

lol, it's just a question of time Vivie, all the Syberians are still hibernating in their cave like bears waiting for spring... :lol:
imo they will wake-up soon because winter time is over now...

:D

Pifou
Shaman

Postby imagine » Wed 12 Apr 2006 13:04

Vivie wrote:the forum has been lately abandoned...

I abandoned it a little, sorry. I have lot of things to do and especially one which is very important for me!

I'll be back in few weeks for sure! I have many things to do here too... they are a little advanced, so I have to finish them after, I promise!

See you!
imagine
Site Admin

Postby gail » Wed 12 Apr 2006 16:20

You mean you have a life outside of the forum? :shock:
... just kidding! :D

Good luck with what is happening in your life anyway, Imagine.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Thu 1 Jun 2006 12:39

Hello guys...
how are you? i haven't heard a peep from you....

Dear Senta , are you there or the kids have had tired you out?
Gail I hope that these window frames are finished!
Sunich what's up?

here's been hectic , been changing the heating units so I can heat my apartment with gas next winter , and that meant that the apartment , got really dirty, not to mention the spring cleaning...
It's almos finished...then I got terrified that I was with baby because I had an unexpected weight gain although I did eat the same and all...got to see the doctor , and after an ultrasound , she told me that I have polycystic ovaries , and that I need more examinations....
so now I'm on some hormone pill which makes me really sensitive to hot or cold and I'm more prone than ever to cry...poor Akis....

Also Akis was away at some conference , and he came back with a nasty viral infection...he had high flu and everything , so you can see I was really really busy...today thankfully is better....

Also at the college we are meant to have exams , only that the students got up a strike!!!!

I am beggining to tire of these strikes , there isn't going to be even a normal semester????
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Thu 1 Jun 2006 14:58

Hi Vivie!
Hope you get feeling back to normal on that new medicine real soon and that Akis feels better too.

The computer room is now painted. We are still working on the frames for the new windows. What a way to spend some vacation days... painting and hanging up vertical blinds. Phew... I need a REAL vacation. :D

We did go to Frankenmuth, Michigan for two days before all this work started. What a lovely town! Several people from Germany moved there many years ago, so the town has a German theme. I'll post some pics soon.

If/when that strike ever ends.... good luck with your exams!
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Fri 2 Jun 2006 17:04

gail , thanks!!

Akis is okay now , though annoyed at my sudden changes of moods, but the doctor told me to expect this as it's a hormone pill...I'll have to finish out the prescription for another week....

then if my cycle starts or not , (haven't seen a single cycle since I moved in the new apartment , but I related them to stress and anxiety new environment etc..plus I didn't really mind , as when I have them are really painful!!) I have to see again the doctor...

Spring cleaning work is finished here , stored away all the winter clothes and things , except coats etc , as I forgot to buy covers for them...the pills between some side-effects, it also makes me very forgetful....I made at least four trips at the market today!!!

the strike of the students is due to some law the government wants to pass which reduces our degrees and also to have us thrown out of college if the students haven't completed college at the required time , which is the year of the college, say four for my branch of IT , and add half of it to the year , so you get thrown out....

a lot of students are working with college studies , and there are the people that have disabilities (I belong to this group) and also there are a lot of students that aren't really up to scratch as they are overwhelmed with too many maths programming languages etc...

even when you study full time ,my branch of IT , the work avalanches on you , and it wears you off , and the qualified to graduate each year usually aren't more than a dozen people...

although that would be good to kick the students (yes there are some) that they don't really mind and live on daddys money and some of them are nearly for ten twelve years on college , it also has an impact to the rest of us!

so the strike is on!!

on the other hand, a friend that managed to cope with all this work , is at the point of graduating , and she was early decision accepted at a finnish college for a master...she has to write only three lessons before she can go off to Finland to start her master, only that now with the strikes , she will be held back a year , and also, she will lose her position at the finnish college...
she is so sad and I know she's worked really hard so she doesn't deserves that...but Finnish colleges are really strict on this matter....and I don't know if there IS a workaround or something...
she is also of the very precious few that have had managed to finish the college at the required time!!we started together and she's left me behind , as I struggle sometimes with my disability.

I feel that life aren't fair....

on the other hand , the day after tomorrow are Theo's birthday , and tomorrow afternoon I'll go there and sleep over!!sh'll be excited!!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Fri 2 Jun 2006 18:50

Life is not fair really...
I feel so sorry about your friend :?

Say hello to Akis and Theo from me.
And yes, kids have tired me out :P
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Previous