Benoît Sokal back in Microids?

Syberian community related topics.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Benoît Sokal back in Microids?

Postby stone » Sun 10 Jun 2012 20:22

Hello all you happy Syberia series fans :)

I'm just re-playing Syberia 2 for n-th time :) and on this occasion I did fast reseach for Syberia news and come across some saying that Benoît Sokal is back in Microids. The news about this should be on Microids [url=facebook acount]http://www.facebook.com/microids[/url]. Since I don't have one (and I'm not planning to have one, I know - this is strange ;) ) could someone check if there is such information. If yes, this could great information concerning Syberia 3, on both time of release and quality of the game.

I couldn't find any information about it on our forum. If I missed I'm sorry, just give me the link to the topic.
stone
Site Admin

Re: Benoît Sokal back in Microids?

Postby gail » Mon 11 Jun 2012 00:22

Hi Stone :-D

Found the comment below from March 2012 at Facebook.
Microïds Official
March 2
Hi all! How are you today? Benoît Sokal has just come in our studio to work on various projects. No further information currently. We keep in touch of course
;)
Attachments
Benooit Sokal Mar 2012.jpg
Picture of Benoit Sokal from Microids Official page at Facebook
gail
Site Admin

Postby stone » Mon 11 Jun 2012 06:55

Ha, that's the good news then :)

Sadly, as I noticed, only Microids site at the moment is shop webpage. No news, no other information. :(
stone
Site Admin

Postby gail » Mon 11 Jun 2012 12:55

You may find this link interesting from May 31, 2012.
http://ifanzine.com/interview-eric-nguyen-marketing-director-anuman-interactive/
Microïds as a studio was created back in the 1980s. Over time, it released several famous adventure game licenses, such as Syberia and Still Life. However, Microïds as a studio no longer exists. Microïds as a brand, and all its licenses, were bought by Anuman Interactive in 2009. Historically Anuman Interactive is a French publisher, but we are now providing products worldwide through our four major brands. Microïds is one of them. As a reminder, those labels are: Microïds (for adventure games only), Microïds – Games For All (it gathers mainstream video game activity, except adventure games), Anuman Interactive (for software and applications) and last but not least, Home Design 3D, exclusively dedicated to Home Design 3D products, which have been developed within the company.

As far as Microïds games are concerned, today we collaborate intimately with a studio that works exclusively on our Microïds adventure games, and within Anuman itself, two project managers are dedicated to the Microïds collection of games, plus a sales team and a PR Manager.

Eric Nguyen is the current Marketing Director for Anuman Interactive. Unfortunately, I found no news about another Syberia game there.
gail
Site Admin

Postby stone » Mon 11 Jun 2012 17:27

Yes, this is interesting.
Good thing is that the brand Microids still exists, and it is dedicated to adventure games.
By the way, it would be good to know who administrates Syberia website :)
stone
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Sun 22 Jul 2012 16:25

nice to read Syberia heritage isn't dead :smokin:
phil1908
Site Admin

Return to EN - General