No news is good news...

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Vivie » Thu 9 Feb 2006 10:16

you made me long to make this recipe , hadn't that thing since I moved in my new house , being afraid of chicken's illnesses ....

the french fries would be tastier for sure if you fried them in a pot half filled with oil , so that all the potatoes would be covered with oil ... olive oil isn't too much needed , just makes them special...sunflower oil is equally good !:)

they go very nice with an green salad , and seasonings...Akis always eats his with ketchup and russian salad:)

an tomato cucumber and onion salad with some oregano sprinkling and oil is also very satisfying!!!

today I have the worst headache , we celebrated down with some friend my birthday , and cut the cake..drank and ate , and now I have to wash up!:)
Vivie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Thu 9 Feb 2006 17:22

hmmm... miam !
The more i read your messages the more i feel fat...
Now, i'm hungry and i will become obese because of you... :D :D

Please... stop girls... it's unhuman... j/k ImageImage

Pifou
Shaman

Postby gail » Thu 9 Feb 2006 17:26

I'm on my lunch hour eating fruit, cheese and crackers. It's just way too healthy. ;)
That fried chicken and potatoes look SO good!!! :D
Last edited by gail on Sun 12 Feb 2006 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Thu 9 Feb 2006 18:40

Yeah they look good gail!

but I can make them look better...;)

can I ask how I can save my brand new paj?

I put them to wash , they smelt like cigar , along with a host of other clothes , and now instead of light blue ,they're purplish to pink....

not that I mind the change, but everyone will scold if notices....

luckily Akis' jeans did not catch any colour!
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Thu 9 Feb 2006 23:04

:D Hey, I've done that before too. ;) It might be too late to get the "new" color out, but you could try washing them alone.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Sat 11 Feb 2006 19:37

Vivie, I have a deep fat fryer and I cook potatoes with it sometimes with sunflower oil :) Those are tasty too, but with olive oil those are much better :D
I have sometimes whole washing machine full of lightly pink or light blue clothes :oops:

Pifou, we have just started :P
´
Gail, that was healthy indeed ...besides cheese ;)

->Now I have to go to sleep :?
Hugs :D
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Mon 13 Feb 2006 06:26

pif :lol:

how are you Senta? any news from kids or from house?

here we'd had an eventful weekend , too much things happening all together!!!

and last night , we didn't only flooded the hallway , but also the living room lights got short - circuited , with the result of one lamp and its cover exploded to bits at one o'clock in the morning!

We were seeing a movie , and started crying because of the movie and all these that happened this weekend...though the movie started me off...

Akis got irritated and got up to switch on the lights for me and leave me alone , he dislikes me crying...and at that very precise moment the lamp exploded , almost as an sympathy to the huge Titanic sinking...almost timed with the ships' lights going off..:P

now I'm afraid to switch lights on as I don't know what will happen , and also I have to call round someone that will look the lights all around to make sure they won't explode.....

and I have to vacuum the apartment , it's full with shards from lamp and lamp cover ,I collected most of them with an ordinary broom , but it was too late to run a Hoover round the living room....

it seems that is there every weekend waiting to happen at the worst timing!:roll:
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Wed 15 Feb 2006 13:23

You had really much going on there :shock:

I do not remember what I was going to write :oops:

Arttu just came home. He was skiing :D
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Wed 15 Feb 2006 13:38

:lol:

well...

I managed to fix the plumbing temporarily , till our plumber comes round to fix it once and for all!

I'm baking moussaka , an greek - turkish recipe, and one of my favorites!:)

I also managed to persuade myself that no lamp is going to explode anytime soon , ( I hope so!!:roll: )so I started switching on the lights , but I am always on the ready to duck if it happens!

I also bought an color catcher thing , so I won't have the clothes going any other color! you should consider them too senta..I also bought an detergent thingy that claims it restores the original color of the clothes , and I'm trying it to my aforementioned pajamas ...

what were you going to say? about the house front?:)

do update your homepage soon , I adore the kids' photos , especially Taru and Sointu's!

Arttu is so lucky!I haven't been in to skiing for a long time...and last time I've been , managed to sprain both my arm and foot!:):lol:
I hope he's had a good time there!!

EDIT!!

I've promised pics for a long time..finally they're up at my blog!!

http://chockitten.blogspot.com for anyone interested to see them!:)
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Sat 18 Feb 2006 17:41

Vivie, I answered to you (and the others too ;)) to the other topic.

Senta wrote:This is the first night in weeks when Taru and Sointu are sleeping this early We have little time of our own
I'll update pictures in my site when I'll have more time to spend with my computer. Today I can't consentrate to that at all.

No news about the house. Seller lowered the price but not as much as we wanted. We are still waiting :) And looking for a new house as well.

Arttu has been skiing every single day. We bought new skis to him and warm ski boots. Old skis were too short and ski boots too small :P Kids are growing fast :roll:

I like your blog very much Vivie :D
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Senta » Sun 26 Feb 2006 22:59

I have two days left of my vacation. And tomorrow evening I try to update my sites.
Arttu came home today. He was visiting his dad. But Marco, Taru and Sointu are still in Lappland :D
I'm enjoying my day offs from girls very much. We ordered pizza today with Arttu and relaxed.
I have been watching olympics and just have done NOTHING! ;)
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby gail » Mon 27 Feb 2006 03:44

What an unusual weekend for you! Great! :D
Enjoy the rest of it too.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Mon 27 Feb 2006 16:46

Thanks Gail, I will :D
I will be like a totally new mother tomorrow when they'll come back. Happy and active :D

Funny thing is... I wrote that I did nothing this weekend... but when I look around :roll: Whole house is in better shape than week ago :shock: I have done something everyday and didn't even notice it :lol:
Here was nobody messing around after I cleaned :P
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Lia » Tue 28 Feb 2006 11:57

Hi friends!!! Christos and I have just come back from a rather long weekend which was spent with a friendly couple of ours at their house near Monemvasia (near Sparta - south Peloponnisos). The weather was not excellent (a little bit windy, then rain, then sunshine...). However, it was really refreshing that we escaped from the everyday routine..!!!

Senta I am glad that you finally got some free time..!!! 8)

Gail, I have missed you.. :)

Vivie, Christos always laughs when I am crying during emotional movies!!! :evil:
Lia
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 28 Feb 2006 17:23

It sounds like both Senta and Lia had great weekends. :D
gail
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!