Syberia 1 and Multiple Screens

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia 1 and Multiple Screens

Postby SeraphTC » Wed 4 Jan 2012 16:39

Hi there,

My system has several monitors attached. The game appears to load in full screen on the second monitor, however there is a small black box on the top left corner of my primary screen - I must move my mouse around this box to navigate the game window. So, the game appears to load in a small box on my primary screen, but displays in full screen on a secondary screen.

Is there a way around this? Ideally, I would like to run the game in a window. I purchased the game via steam, I've installed patch 3 by adding the following registry key:

Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Microids\Syberia

and String Value:

CurrentPath = F:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Syberia

I am using Windows 7 x64 on a very new machine. I am using dual Radeon HD 6950 cards in crossfire, which I have disabled for this game. It has not made any difference.

Syberia 2, Still Life, and Still Life 2 all display correctly in full screen on the main monitor.

Do these games all use the same engine? Is there a way to force them to run in windowed mode?

For the sake of completeness, here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
16GB RAM
2x Radeon HD 6950 2GB GFX Cards in CrossfireX
Creatie Labs X-Fi Xtreme Audio
ATI Catalyst v12.1
Sound drivers v5.12.1.2018
DirectX v9.0c is installed

Regards,

SeraphTC
SeraphTC
Youki

Re: Syberia 1 and Multiple Screens

Postby gail » Fri 13 Jan 2012 13:18

Hi SeraphTC,
Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode with an older Windows operating system yet?
gail
Site Admin

Postby SeraphTC » Fri 13 Jan 2012 13:31

Hi,

Yes I have - unfortunately it did not make any difference.
SeraphTC
Youki

Postby SeraphTC » Mon 6 Feb 2012 12:29

Any ideas?
SeraphTC
Youki

Postby doomer » Mon 6 Feb 2012 14:30

Hey SeraphTC.

Unfortunately, Syberia 1 wasn't designed to run on multiple screens and/or windowed mode. Thus, the best way to play it is to disable your additional monitors or leave only one connected, and then play the game in full screen. Hope you enjoy it. :)
doomer
Youki

Postby SeraphTC » Mon 6 Feb 2012 14:57

No I appreciate that the game wasn't designed to run in windowed mode, or across multiple screens, but disabling or disconnecting my screens is just not an option. (I'm not actually trying to use the game with eyefinity - I just want it to display on the primary screen).

What I'd like to know is if anyone has had any success in getting the game to run on the primary screen with a similar setup - I have managed this with Syberia 2, Still Life and Still Life 2 - to the best of my knowledge these games all use the same game engine, so it should be possible.
SeraphTC
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support