No news is good news...

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Pifou » Sat 4 Feb 2006 11:44

Dear Vivie,

Could you please fill in your birth date in your profile then it can be taken into consideration by the "forum birthday alert" that Imagine has done before...

Many thanks to you

Pifou :wink:
Last edited by Pifou on Sun 5 Feb 2006 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Sunich » Sat 4 Feb 2006 17:32

Well, Ladies, that moving & buying new houses sounds like a nightmare indeed... and you know what? All the nightmares end up! Sooner or later you'll wake up in the house of your dreams.
God, you've got so much room to decorate/design... that's just great!
i've seen a guy yesterday... he was wearing a Tshirt too. And it's like -10 C outside! I was shocked.
Vivie, try your best to make your friends undertand how important studying is for you now. I had the same problem of having hard times trying to concentrate on studying... But friends were calling/coming/inviting to some parties... and it didn't end up good, i have to say.
Sunich
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sat 4 Feb 2006 20:35

Pifou wrote:Dear Vivie,

Could you please fill in your birth date in your profile then it can be taken into consideration by the forum birthday alert that Imagine has done...

Many thanks

Pifou :wink:

I did as you bidded:)

Got down to some celebration with future in-laws...
Me and Akis drove to their vacation house , got to lunch,absolutely gorgeous...I ate way too much!we also opened a bottle of retsina and drank...
:D

a girls gotta celebrate you know!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sun 5 Feb 2006 22:37

helloz...

it is snowing outside!!!:)

here;s an image from the road where I'm living...

of course , the snow now it's much thicker, as the pic was shot a couple of hours ago!:)

I wonder if we have to go in to college tomorrow!
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Mon 6 Feb 2006 03:32

Nice pic, Vivie! :D
Oh come on, you would just 'hate' to miss that final exam, wouldn't you? :P

I grabbed my camera while I was letting the dog out just now. At the moment it's very windy here.
The temp is 23F/-5C and with the wind chill factor, it's 10F/-12C.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Mon 6 Feb 2006 08:50

College WAS cancelled..

it's 11 in the morning , and hasn't stopped snowing since last night...

it's like a christmas picture...just perfect!

my parent's place is freezing though , just called them , the heating is not working properly!:(
Vivie
VIP

Postby Lia » Mon 6 Feb 2006 10:58

Hello there friends. I may have been away from you for quite a long of time but I can see you have learnt everything about the weather in Greece from Vivie .....!!!! :)
Well done Vivie!!!! I hope you get on well with your exams.

Dear Senta, I really wish you all the best for the new house negotiations. I keep my fingers tightly crossed... 8) !!!

Dear Gail, thanks for remembering me and sending all these beautiful mails. It's really great to turn my PC on and see your msgs.. :D :D !!!!

These past days .... I've been quite ...busy... :oops: playing FAHRENHEIT..... :roll: :roll: . I ended it and I really liked it. Then I started playing Agatha Christie's : And Then There Were None which was ...satisfactory...although I do love detective stories.... :roll:

Now....do you know what I have started.... :?: :?: :?: :?: What else than SYBERIA I :!: :!: :D :D :D

Wow, I had forgotten how sensational its atmosphere was..... 8) 8) 8) !!
I am very happy!!!
Lia
VIP

Postby Vivie » Mon 6 Feb 2006 20:44

Welcome back Lia!

the college was cancelled for tomorrow either!but I was not writing any exam tomorrow , I just hoped to go in for checking if I passed anything...

now I've purchased the Narnia's Chronicles from an english bookshop downtown , and I'm halfway the book The Lion , the Witch and the Wardrobe.

much enjoyable!:)

has anyone to suggest any books like them?
Vivie
VIP

Postby David » Tue 7 Feb 2006 00:37

Gail, thanks for the pic, it looks cold in there!
today i rode to uni with bike, it was total hell!!! the wind was so strong and it was so cold! without wind it was like -5, but with it it felt like -100 :P anyway it took me 10 more minutes then usual (20) to make 5km distance. When i reached uni i was all heated up inside, but my hands and ears were freezing. anyway i cant wait to do the same tomorow...it seems i love pain :twisted:
so Vivie, you are quite lucky to get classes canceled..here it never happens no matter what..tons of snow or if temp is bellow -30.
luckily now its snowing so nicely. very beautifull outside!

lia nice to see you here 8) you were quick to complete fahrenheit.
David
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 7 Feb 2006 01:42

Enjoy your time home Vivie!

Lia,
It's great to see you. :D
I'm finishing Fahrenheit soon... I think. What a great game!

Davie,
I can't imagine riding a bike in this weather! :(
No wonder you are so slim. Hope it warms up outside soon for you.

Senta... those good luck wishes are still coming your way. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Tue 7 Feb 2006 07:36

David - you are my hero!
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Lia » Tue 7 Feb 2006 08:20

Vivie, I wish you pass all your exams. Unfortunately, this time I am not reading any books because I am not in the mood....although I keep buying some when I see anything that interests me. I have bought
1) The Greek Labyrinth & 2) Bangkok's birds - which are both written by Manuel Vazquez Montalban and are detective stories :!: .
I don't know if you like such kind of books. I love them.

Gail, thanks, it's great to see you, too :D . I liked the graphics of the game very much.

My beloved Davie, Olina tells me that she often "catches" you on-line :wink: . Well, about Fahrenheit, I thought it was rather short. My really problem was that I had to overcome the multi-buttons synchronization :shock: :oops: -yeap, I admit I hate it :evil: ....I am the "point & click" :!: girl... :roll:
Lia
VIP

Postby Senta » Tue 7 Feb 2006 08:28

Yeah David that was quite a achievement! I would never cycle in such a cold weather :shock:

Vivie, you're lucky to have college canselled :)
Even if it was here -27C yesterday morning Arttu had to go school :roll: Ok... School is very near and it takes only 2-3 minutes to walk there. I only think the pupils who have to walk from further away...

Sunich, byuing a house is really a adventure and needs to do some tactical moves too ;) We have no hurry and if this house is not ment to us ...Then someone else will buy it. It is so simple. My mothers friend told us that we are lucky because we do not have any hurry and do not sell and buy the house at the same time. So we have all the time in world.

Lia, thanks and hugs :D
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Tue 7 Feb 2006 10:16

Lia : Glad you're back!!!
I've read few detective books , I can read just anything as long as it has an interesting storyline...
Latest detective I've read were the "adventures of Detective Montalbano" issued from a greek newspaper my parents bought!:)

but lately I find myself more drawn to fantasy books , or to real stories that actually happened...

Narnia's Chronicles are satisfying on the fantasy side , but a bit long!:)

the last real story I've read is 'SOLD!' , I do not remember the writer , but I suppose Lia knows it!:)

but one book I really enjoyed is When Nietche Cried , from Irving Yalom...

now I want his next book , but I couldn't afford it , and I hoped that someone will bring it to me as a present!:)

but one book that has me interested and can't find here in greece is the Night's Dawn Trilogy ....:lol:

As for games...
Last I bought was Still Life , and since then I've not bought anything , no time or energy now for games!!
I haven't even the time to finish Still Life yet!I'm still on the lock puzzle :P

and also Akis starts bemoaning if I fire up any game , says I have to change my priorities , as now we're trying to make a home together , and he's right!

So I'm busy with cooking shopping cleaning making coffees for Akis and trying to Study and to keep up on my book reading mania ...and also to help my auntie whenever I can!!!

I've played the Fahreneit game a while back , but I couldn't even get started on the controls!!!:roll:
Never managed to get past the policeman anyhow!

Senta :

Yes I was really lucky , but it was cancelled because it is out of town and there were no buses coming or going...the drivers were afraid for some accident , as there was ice on the ring road...

If there WERE buses coming and going , or if the college WAS in the town , we would have to go there!!

Schools were cancelled too , except nurseries , as work was not cancelled, only the bank employees weren't working , not because it was snowing , but because they put on a strike :)

as for the house , I indeed agree...

I sometimes still feel guilty for hurrying to move out of the old place , but
I'd tried to be considerate for dad , he was paying for the rent at the old place and at the same time paying the furniture!!

but if I had been waiting a bit , I'd be more comfortable moving in...I still remember the last day which was a frenzy...imagine having to pack for a whole family? whew!

David..
you sure seem to be freezing!!but it also seems that you're a mazochist!!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Thu 9 Feb 2006 08:04

Vivie, you have lots of strikes there :shock:
I think you and Lia always tell that some workers are on strike :roll:
Is that only my imagination :?:

Here are the pics of my cooking with your recipe :D Oops... It was a year ago and I haven't cook those since. I have to add these incrediences to the shopping list :oops:

That food was really tasty with fresh salad :!:
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!