Crashes on new Steam version

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Crashes on new Steam version

Postby Sanguinesun » Fri 20 May 2011 17:52

Starting cinematic playback 'C2_HansAnnaB.syb'...User has task switched: activating.
Insert CD dialog box: Please insert the DVD entitled 'Syberia'
Looking for file 'Video\AN\C2_HansAnnaB.syb'User pressed CANCEL: aborting application.

Since steam is a DL version.. this isnt good. No, I dont want someone's saved game that skips way far ahead. I want to be able to sort this problem out.

The syb in question(and other similar ones are in the video file section but there is no \AN\ file in the folder. Pack1-4 and pack menu folders only and then many syb files freely in the video file section thereafter.

If there is supposed to be an \AN\ folder there, how many files for the game will be needing to access this and getting this debug error in the future? Knowing what files should be there and how I should proceed would be helpful.

Please Advise.
Sanguinesun
Youki

Re: Crashes on new Steam version

Postby gail » Fri 20 May 2011 20:58

The following information came from the link below and was posted by GoliathSK: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/syberia_series/cannot_listen_to_the_voice_cylinder_early_in_the_game/page2

1. Browse to the game installation folder. This can be, for example, C:\Program Files\Microids\Syberia - it really depends on where you had installed the game. Once you find it, open the folder.
2. Open the "Video" directory.
3. Right click > Create New Folder > Name it "AN" without the quotes.
4. There are three files: ANC2_hansannab.syb; ANC5_hansanna.syb; ANC10_hansanna.syb - highlight those three files and copy them (either by dragging them there while holding right mouse button and then clicking on copy, or by pressing Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V once you are in the directory) into the newly created directory named AN
5. Enter the directory
6. Right click on ANC2_hansannab.syb, click on "Rename" and rename it to C2_hansannab.syb (delete the letters A and N at the start).
7. Do the same with the other two files (always delete the letters A and N at the start) and you are set.
Hope this helps.

Good luck, Sanguinesun!
gail
Site Admin

Postby monkey29631 » Sun 22 May 2011 03:26

These instructions worked for me with a slight modification. The files that needed to be moved didn't start with AN. They were just sitting in the video folder. So, to fix, I just created the AN folder and moved the recommended files to that folder.

My game was crashing at the end of what I would call chapter 1 where you put the voice thingy in the player in the cabinet. The video is of the incident where the boy gets hurt. Once the files were moved, it worked like a champ. I haven't played much past this point yet, but if I need more work to fix future parts of the game, I'll post.
monkey29631
Youki

Postby ponting » Mon 13 Jun 2011 10:03

My game was crashed in last chapter and than i follow your instruction so my game run thanks to share this useful information...
ponting
Youki

Postby joewash » Mon 26 Sep 2011 21:57

Hey all, new user saying hi. Looking forward to some interesting discussions.
Discover all about his needs her needs today and build a solid relationship.
joewash
Youki

Postby wendyss » Fri 8 Jun 2012 03:53

These instructions worked for me with a slight modification. The files that needed to be moved didn't start with AN. They were just sitting in the video folder.
wendyss
Youki

Postby austinandrew66 » Fri 22 Jun 2012 10:14

thanks to share idea how to do this.........

:hello:
austinandrew66
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support