What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

Postby Ante » Mon 23 Jan 2006 10:35

I maintain the list of console games on my website. Check it out. Right now I'm enjoying my new Xbox (not the X360) and playing stealth games - Thief and Hitman.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~amulari/phpupdate/index.php?s=content&p=games
This list is starting from March 2004, when I bought my first Xbox.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Mon 23 Jan 2006 17:17

Nice addition to your website, Ante.

If the title of this thread includes PC games, I finished Zork:Nemesis (great older game!) and am playing Fahrenheit.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Mon 23 Jan 2006 18:48

Nice new topic Ante... :wink:

Well... i'm waiting for my new (gamer) pc to install In Memoriam and Fahrenheit...
I already bought these games... :wink:

++
Pif
Pifou
Shaman

Postby David » Tue 24 Jan 2006 05:22

nice list mate.

i finished psi-ops few days ago. its 3rd person shooter ported from consoles. quite decent.

also i play call of duty 2 against my brother (or sometimes online), and quake 3 :P
however i am geting tired of those and we need new games to play against each other. any ideas? it shoul dbe fast pace game though cuz i dont want to waste all day playing startegy.

anyway i have Single player game to play currently. waiting for something cool next month.
David
VIP

Postby Silver Cougar » Tue 24 Jan 2006 05:42

I recently played Star Wars: Battlefront II (Dammit that game RULES!!!!!). I also played Fantastic Four which a realy fun game. Also recently bought (I think I bought it), and played Delta Force Xtreme. I am currently playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind-Game of the Year Edition which is the best Role Playing Game I have besides Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. I made a mod today for myself for Elder Scrolls. It has me being an NPC (Non-Player Character) as myself who follows my PC (Player Character) so I can experience my character's adventures as an Artificial Intelligence NPC in the game along with the character "I" the player is portraying, the PC. Cool huh? I think I'll go play it some more now. I just got back from work at Target. I work as a Sales Floor guy over there. I was working from 4PM to 12AM today. And now I'm off Tuesday. 8) :lol: :D :twisted:
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby V.N. » Thu 26 Jan 2006 20:51

I've spent hours after school playing Worms (Don't remember which one)Two friends and I have created our own special teams. And I am even so fanatic that I am going to use my team everywhere.. And we are the only girls who play on that computer.. So we sit after school and try to kill each other.. Freaking.. :? (?)
(8/29/2010)
1 year, my grouchy love <3
1 howling year!
And haven't we both enjoyed it?
V.N.
Automaton

Postby David » Fri 27 Jan 2006 01:54

worms, huh. thats bloody great game. i spend countless hours batling against my brother. so much fun. first we started with worms 1, then worms 3. worms armagedon was cool too..even better then 3rd. they spoiled it with worms 3d :(

i tried crashday demo. unfortunately its very disapointing :( damn over 2 years i waied for it and it turns out to be crap...just hate when it happnes!
David
VIP

Postby Krysie » Fri 27 Jan 2006 03:44

I am playing Vice City on Xbox.
Last edited by Krysie on Tue 31 Jan 2006 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby Ante » Fri 27 Jan 2006 07:50

Krysie wrote:I am playing Vice City on Xbox.

Yeah, I kind of wanted to play it too on Xbox, but after finishing San Andreas on PS2 I don't think VC can offer me more than SA did. The second aspect that makes me shiver - the main character in VC can't swim! It's not like the events take place in some desert, no, we are talking about an area that is surrounded by water!

Oh, and yesterday I got The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64. Check out the reviews in Gamerankings: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y - pretty good, huh? Now I just need to get back my N64 from my friend.

Upcoming: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Doom 3 - all for Xbox. Actually I've wanted to play Wolfenstein for a long long time because I got hooked on the environments that were shown in the preview screenshots of the game. It had some similiarities with my other all time favourite - The Operative: No One Lives Forever - all those trees, castles, sharp rooftops, etc.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Sat 28 Jan 2006 00:49

I'm playing Mario Kart DS and Beyond Good and Evil.

Both are pretty nice. And both could be better, honestly. I still have tons of games to see here. So... I'll definitely need to lock myself up in a room and try them out.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby Ante » Fri 10 Feb 2006 08:49

Now playing:

Devil May Cry and action game with some adventure elements. The game is set in gothing castle and the environments and music are just stunning. This is definitely one of the best games I've played for ages.

Thief - Deadly Shadows - very atmospheric, very fascinating. I love the surroundings - the medieval town.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - damn this is fun. It's relaxing just to skate around, do tricks and combos (combo = continuous chain of tricks ) and polish the choreography.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Krysie » Fri 10 Feb 2006 09:10

Ante, yeah I see the point between VC and SA, I hate the fact that the character can't swim on the others but SA offers alot of things to be able to do. I still love VC though.

Anyway, I've been playing TS2 (The Sims 2).
Scott (hubby) and I bought a video card for the Dell and the game runs so sweet on it.. and the graphics look so awesome now. :P

I am still trying to wait patiently for the games I've preordered to be released.
Krysie
VIP

Postby gail » Fri 10 Feb 2006 18:00

Krysie,
Does your husband also play games on the PC? :)
I've never played The SIMS 2, but you really seem to have fun with this game. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Krysie » Fri 10 Feb 2006 23:48

Hi Gail :D
No, he doesn't play games on the pc very much.
He does have a basketball game on the dell but he hasn't played.
I bought it for him a while back.. :lol:

He does play Football and Medal of Honor games on the ps2 though.

And yes I love TS2. It's so fun to me, hehe.
Krysie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Sat 11 Feb 2006 10:52

Hi,

My daughter Mika just got TS2 "NightLife" expansion pack yesterday and she sticks to the computer since the game is installed...

The Sims 2 is an amazing game with infinite possibilities...
It is normal if this game a success because developers did and do a great job...

She told me she will come here to show some screen shots... i'm still waiting... lol

++
Pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Next

Return to EN - Games Related