No news is good news...

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Senta » Sun 22 Jan 2006 22:37

Thank you Sunich :) I'm ok now :D
I had some rough times but those are over now *knock the wood* ;)

We will have a meeting in the house with the expert and the real estate agent on tuesday. Then we get a evaluation of the house :) We do not want to buy a house with mould or some water ended up in a place it should not be ;)
Our climate here in Finland makes people build good houses against the coldness but in the same time it can end up to be like a plastic bag wchich will mold :?
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Sun 22 Jan 2006 23:07

Good for you Senta!!!

My own house right now looks like it was a bad buy... :?

The old owners put some wallpaper on the hallway walls , and then , I suppose , they rented it out , and the rental people painted it OVER the wallpaper...

which means that in order to paint the hallway , we have to remove the paint , AND the wallpaper , and it's a real chore!!!

the best part is that I have finals at college , but can't concentrate to study , too much distractions!! ( my parents talking , the tv on , etc )

Not to mention that my life right now looks like crap.....

At least Akis tries to patch it up with bringing me to the Black Theatre of Prague a few days ago , and yesterday for a movie ( we saw Dick and Jane ) and dinner!

but , seriously , I 've started to wonder , why did I accepted to buy the house??

Can anyone remind me? :lol:

Senta...I wish you good luck , and don't be rested for the people that do the evaluation...do a few checks around yourself...

Especially under sinks , or kitchen cupboards! ours were really filthy , and had cockroaches...Mother was spraying three days to get rid of the grimness, and also made me clean out the cupboards :)
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Mon 23 Jan 2006 03:10

Vivie,
Let's see, you bought the house so you could have more room didn't you? :D

That wallpaper removal job sounds awful. Hope you can get it all off without too much trouble.

Good luck on your finals too!

Senta,
This is an exciting week for you. Let us know if the house passes the inspection. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D
Last edited by gail on Mon 23 Jan 2006 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Mon 23 Jan 2006 09:21

yeah...

but now that I have more room...everyone is coming over to visit!!!
wah....

I was supposed to be at college for a final which I thought it was at 8:30 pm , and I did not heard my alarm clock , nor mother did....
I woke up at nine ...

and I thought...bummer I lost it...

and now it's 11:15 , and just checked the paper that I wrote down all the finals , to check something for a friend...and it actually was on 11 !!!!!

I do not know what ticks me off most...the fact that I misread the time , the fact that I did not hear the alarm , or the fact that I did wake up in time but not thought to check the paper as I thought I had to missed it!!!
Sometimes I just need Akis to remind me...and he's away :(

Senta , how did the evaluation going? will you be lucky?

I've heard the news , and it's freezing over there!! hope you're warm and ok!
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Mon 23 Jan 2006 21:17

well....

an update.....

first...outside is SNOWING!!! the cars are almost covered!!!

second...the wallpaper job is almost done! as I type this , mum's finishing up , and my auntie who came over to help us out is washing the walls for the glue to come out...

third...my auntie is going to stay over tonight , due to the snow she can't return home , it's freezing outside!

life is definitely taking an upturn!:) I LOVE snow...:)

every time it snowed here , I almost always was ill at hospital....

except once that me and Theo played with the snow and made a little snowman for little Sophia...* reminsces* :D
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Tue 24 Jan 2006 10:19

well...

College is OFF today and tomorrow due to the snow!

hehehe and I was writing maths next tomorrow! I'm going to miss them..

yaaa hooo hhhhoooo!!!

I went for a walk , to do some shopping for mum , and it was absolutely fabulous....snow everywhere , I even got some pictures of the view off my kitchen balcony...

but it was freezing! :) I'm really pleased to be in the warm home!:)
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Tue 24 Jan 2006 15:48

Vivie, you really had bad luck with the finals :(
I'm glad you have snow there :) We have here too :D And it isn't anymore so freezing, as it was last week :roll:

Now everybody :!: Keep your fingers really tightly crossed! Everything seems to go well with the house :D But I'll inform you better after everything is done and signed all the papers etc. You know :wink:
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Vivie » Wed 25 Jan 2006 09:27

Senta...I wish you the best of luck!!!

College is off for far more couple of days off...Till next week...

the news here are full of roads closed and accidents due to the snow...

I had my niece visiting over , as she came with my auntie ( her grandma ) and there WAS a lot of noise and she was going to paint a children's book over I had given to see the pictures...

I told her if she did painted it I wouldn't print her the coloring pictures she wanted off the internet...

So , the book was saved...but boy , she WAS noisy..

so including my headache...I'm tired out ( helped out with the hall painting ) and sick ( an wrong order of pizza , I took it as I was too hungry ) and not able to do number 2 for a few days , I'm not in a good shape!

I hope that my folks leave soon and let me in peace..I love them , but everyone is coming to visit when they're over...

and the buzzer is still astray , and the problem apparently is downstairs....
Vivie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Wed 25 Jan 2006 21:40

Hey Vivie !

i'm sorry to make an intrusion in the "girl's corner" but i could not resist... hehe :D
i'm glad for you if you could miss some Mathematics courses because of snow...
it was some kind of nightmare for me when i was younger at school... lol

yaaa hooo hhhhoooo!!!

Pifou
Shaman

Postby gail » Wed 25 Jan 2006 23:52

That does look like a nightmare, Pifou! :shock:

It's always good to see your comments, including here. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Thu 26 Jan 2006 07:16

What? A sum of things is a nightmare? Oh, it shouldn't be so. Let's spend 15 minutes of reading and learning this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summation
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Thu 26 Jan 2006 10:03

:lol:

Ante you have more pages like these for maths? maybe I could learn something after all :)

The snowing stopped and the college opened earlier than said above...

But it was so freezing , I was so frozen , I thought I'd get an cold or something!

and the most incredulous was that beside me , at the bus stop was someone that wore simply an T-shirt , and he didn't mind the cold....which was....below zero!!!!!

I wondered why he didn't mind.... :roll:

oh and the buzzer fixed itself apparently..strange , but it mended on its own.....

and I'm a lot better , my stomach pains have gone away...but I have to be more careful with what and when I eat...

Pifou , you don't intrude at all...feel like you're at home!:)

Senta , no news yet?:)

my dear gail , I hope you're well!!:)
Vivie
VIP

Postby Senta » Fri 3 Feb 2006 19:49

No news yet Vivie ;)
We are waiting...
This house-buying-thing can be very tricky if you do not wanna pay too much ;)
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby gail » Sat 4 Feb 2006 01:18

Thanks for the good wishes, Vivie. :) I'm fine and just starting to prepare our tax forms... not my favorite job, but something that needs to be done every year. :x Still working on your new home?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Sat 4 Feb 2006 09:24

Dad's preparing also our taxes form , and there is the possibility I have to make one this year...

The house comes down with so many responsiblities , that I do not know where to start!:)

For the time being ,me and my bf are completely fine , my darling's is going to get me some shopping for my birthday and 2-year anniversary...

yes , I do have my birthday on wednesday , I will be 23 :) and I also me and Akis have our 2 year together anniversary!:)

My mother sent over some money to spend:) a pair of really cute pajamas , and a couple of new pink and blue wonderbra's...:lol: mothers can be really thoughtful!!:) although I wouldn't mind if she did not sent anything, she gave me this beautiful house , even if sometime in the future I will have to pay the loan...

Senta indeed it is hard...

:)

Just to kill some time , I calculated exactly how many days I am alive...
I'm 8,397 days old!!!!!That's quite a number!!:P

Gail,the house now needs new locks on the apartment doors..couple of days ago got myself locked into the kitchen...fortunately I was there, I had all the screwdrivers and knives to help me..Akis knows nothing about it...
and the doors need to be painted....
Also I want to change the security house's big door,it's scratched to death...

so that's all!:)
Vivie
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!