Syberia Collectors Edition

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia Collectors Edition

Postby azmo » Thu 19 Jan 2006 02:00

I recently bought Syberia Collectors Edition, and when I try to play the game - so far i'm only up to the factory at the start but everytime that I have tried to move around inside the factory it completely locks up my system and I am unable to get back to the desktop.

I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times, i've also tried compatibility modes and changed the video textures to 16 bit, 32 bit turned the AA feature ON and OFF. It is very frustrating and it happens whenever I try to move to another part of the screen. I can't patch up the game because when I try to it says "the game is not installed"

I would really like to play this game but these constant and complete system lockups are starting to put me off the game. And apparently i've found out that there is no support for this game anymore and there is no patches for the "collectors edition" of the game.

I'm running a pentium 4 3.0ghz, with 1gb of ram and a radeon 9600pro 256mb video card. I've tried everything that I can think of to stop the crashes and sometimes they have actually worked - but then they crash yet again maybe 5 minutes after playing the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(
azmo
Youki

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 19 Jan 2006 04:05

Have you updated graphics drivers? That's one thing you can do.

Can you tell us exactly how you installed it? Because if the patch installer can't see your installation, something is dreadfully wrong.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby azmo » Thu 19 Jan 2006 04:54

Yeah, i've got the latest video drivers.

Well, I installed it through the auto-run setup, and i'm not sure why the patch doesn't work but I think it because it isn't a version of "syberia" or "syberia 2" it is a DVD with both of them - and it installs them both at the same time and looking aroung the internet there is no mention of problems like I am having.
azmo
Youki

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 19 Jan 2006 05:00

Installed both?

Never heard of this. Is this game just Syberia? Or does it have two separate games installed?
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby azmo » Thu 19 Jan 2006 05:02

Yeah, it's a later release of syberia 1 and 2 both in a "Syberia: The Collector's Edition" DVD which I purchased a few days ago.

It contains both of the games on the one dvd, and i'm guessing why the patches don't work on the syberia 1 patch.
azmo
Youki

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 19 Jan 2006 05:09

Well, I'm guessing it's because the patch is already merged with Syberia 1.

That also means, there's very little you can do. Maybe you can try it at your friends PC.

I'm not sure what else you can do.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby gail » Thu 19 Jan 2006 05:10

I'll bet the patches were already included on the DVD. (There were three of them in total.) If you turn Auto-run off, maybe you could install only Syberia I.

Do you have anything else running in the background that might be conflicting with the game?.... anti-virus, firewall etc.?
gail
Site Admin

Postby azmo » Thu 19 Jan 2006 05:22

Well, i've tried everything i could think of -

Running in capability mode
Uninstalling and re-installing about five times
stopping all processes at startup (anti-virus, firewall etc)
install latest sound and video drivers
Turn off AA
Turn to 32 bit, then turn back to 16bit texturing

There is no seperate install from what I can gather, all that there is in the syberia and the syberia 2 directories are the applications for running the programs which is strange.

It has also now started to freeze when I get into the menu, it's very strange and I was really looking forward to playing this game.

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/support/pc/crash/My_game_crashes_to_the_desktop_or_freezes_randomly.php?pid=1&sid=57&gid=2

Above is the things that i've tried to fix the problems.
azmo
Youki

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 19 Jan 2006 07:03

This sounds like a very serious issue. Is only Syberia the malfunctioning software in your system?

So, you've updated your drivers, updated Direct X, fiddled with video configurations, did compatibility mode...

Is there anything you can do now? I think you should e-mail Adventure Game Company and get a rebate or something.

Microids is long gone, so you'll have to find support else where. In my opinion, you did all you could. You could find another PC and try the game there.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 kept hanging and crashing on my PC but I managed to get a good configuration just fine. Maybe there's an ini file for configuration that allows you more control over which feature to enable or disable.

I'm clearly only speculating. Good luck. Oh, and we need more people who own this DVD version to be able to know of a solution to this problem.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby azmo » Thu 19 Jan 2006 09:46

yeah that's right i'll just have to keep playing around with setting until i hit something that works. Thanks for the help anyways you've all been very helpful in trying to help me sort out the problem will have to try it on someone else's computer and see how it goes.
azmo
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support