Syberia III - Wish List

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Re: Syberia III - Wish List

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 18 Jun 2009 03:08

Tomeszka wrote:Returning to the old cities would be boring from my point of view. But I would glady go back Romansburg! That town is absolutely awesome!
-And what about going to England or Ireland? there are some awesome landscapes! or Transsylivania!
What I really do dont want are far/near east or african scenes! I really hated Paradise because it inluded these kind of scenes!
STRICTLY European!

Considering that Syberia, the land itself, is more like the African scenery, if you ask me, and the game is called Syberia after all, you're likely to find at least one African/Tropical scene. I must say though that seeing what Syberia is has been underwhelming. I also think that part of what makes myths and mysteries great is when you do not know. Once it unravels, it'll likely disappoint in some degree. I said likely, so it's not always the case, but clearly Syberia, the land was not as good as the other locations.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Thu 18 Jun 2009 03:13

Senta wrote:I hope there will be no action-scene :oops:

I have no problem with action scenes. They help with changing the pace of the game and it can be very engaging when done right. What I'd say is that they should try to make it as accessible as possible while avoiding some very harsh penalties for those unable to complete them perfectly.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby Sirg » Tue 14 Jul 2009 06:36

I trust the story will be great, so I'll mention a couple of features that I would like -

- A dialog notebook, to review conversations (remember The Longest Journey)
- Point & Click interface (I don't mind a WASD keyboard option, but I want the classic feel)
- No action / combat features. I want a peaceful game, focused on story, characters and places.
- A map of places, especially towns, to move quickly from one place to an other, after those have been discovered. Map should be optional, in case I want to enjoy the scenery.
- More clothing choices for Kate
- No split story - playing with Kate then with some other character
- Night theme - maybe some sneaking would be nice.
- Less annoying phonecalls -- I found the phonecalls subplot quite good for Kate's char depth, but recieving calls in the middle of nowhere is a bit odd and distracting. With 2nd sequel, she could get some post mail, or make the phonecalls herself at certain times.
- More Voralberg stuff
- same voice actors if possible
- every adventure game has a rope at some point, so please add that too :D
Sirg
Youki

Postby csm » Wed 29 Jul 2009 17:49

- No action / combat features. I want a peaceful game, focused on story, characters and places.

I second this one ! Stop the violence madness in video games ! Syberia is very original, keep it this way.
csm
Youki

Postby marc92 » Thu 30 Jul 2009 19:21

csm wrote:

I second this one ! Stop the violence madness in video games ! Syberia is very original, keep it this way.

"Syberia 3 - Kate Walker`s Yuki shoot out" :lol:
marc92
Youki

Postby Fido » Sat 29 Aug 2009 20:21

Oh, well, i'd love to see
- A better dialogue system, like the one Bioware games work with (i believe somebody mentioned that earlier). It would be awesome to channel the dialogue in several different directions, each with a different outcome, altering the plotline.
- A hit system. Walkthroughs are usually too addictable and spoil all the fun, optional hints would be quite an improvement.
- No major changes in themes - please, don't send Kate to a space station, please, don't add demons/vampires/aliens to the game world, please, don't start messing around with some secret societies or cold war or something like that. Please, keep it strictly "Syberian".
- Tie-ins, maybe? an ARG or a novelization, or something else to attract more consumers would be awesome.
- Expanded soundtracks. The ones in the first to game were awesome and mesmerizing, but there was frankly to little of em. A theme song would also be welcomed. Not to mention that there are plenty of steampunk bands around.
Fido
Youki

Postby Scarlet » Sun 13 Dec 2009 13:47

Syberia means "journey" to me.
So,if there will ever be a Syberia 3,please,give me another train.
Bring my dear old Oscar back. And make me dream just like that day, when I started to play Syberia with no idea of the consequences for a dreamer like me.... :roll:
"Una cosa sui treni: non è tanto importante dove vanno,quanto decidere di prenderli"
Scarlet
VIP

Postby postal2600 » Sun 13 Dec 2009 17:53

Scarlet wrote:Syberia means "journey" to me.
So,if there will ever be a Syberia 3,please,give me another train.
Bring my dear old Oscar back. And make me dream just like that day, when I started to play Syberia with no idea of the consequences for a dreamer like me.... :roll:

Uau! What she said... I totally agree!
postal2600
Youki

Postby Pifou » Fri 18 Dec 2009 14:59

It's nice to see you back Scarlet...

i agree with you, Syberia is synonym of adventure game and long journey too...

pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Youki » Mon 28 Dec 2009 23:55

Please - just don't change anything. The 'Syberia II' game was perfect.

Oh, no... Maybe I have to things on my wishlist:
- Don't kill/leave Youki :< I love this thing
- Add some journal, where I can read the dialogs - It really helps ^^.
I'm really, really sorry for my English xx.
    * Name: Monika
Youki
Youki

Postby Balts » Sat 9 Jan 2010 23:02

Hello!

I don't know about technical upgrades (I just hope they won't be high), but for one thing I hope to see things in her inventory, that will not necessary be used for the main plot.

I would love to see a subplot or couple of subplots. They would make the story much more flexible.

The game would just as well retain the name "Syberia", but with her getting home or away from it. Maybe through Alaska or Northern Europe? East or West? Involving places somewhere in deep forests of Canada, Northern Finland or Baltics (all more or less unexplored in gaming industry, leaving room for mystery!!!)? Having her chasing mammoths on the island would be pretty much boring. Maybe not boring, but scary for the sake of her future, because she is a nice person, she has to return to the civilized world. Because of the characters like hers the world is sometimes a better place. She has to have kids sooner or later, she can't just be left on a mythic island to rot! The story of Syberia without any other "modern" people or signs of civilization wouldn't be the same. One plays this enigmatic story, that almost makes one feel like 19th or beginning of 20th century, but at the same time there are events, that remind us, that there is 21st century outside, that she could easily return to, if she wanted.

Of course there is a necessity to return to mainland, so we need a reason, but we should leave that for the creators.

Having another mysteriously built automaton by her side on her way back to civilized world would be just great. Something left from Hans, something he built somewhere on mainland, that has yet to be awaken or triggered.

Could show, that not everything in the game turns around her. Some things might just be picked up, but absolutely nothing to do with Kate Walker's main quest.

Revive the detective or have someone else desperately trying to find her? Maybe some romantic story involved?

Having a necessity to sleep or eat would be a great attachment to the story.

Make the story last not just few days, make it last few weeks, thus bigger game, not 1.something GB, but 2, 3 or even 4 GB. Please, do not exaggerate with special effects or with too demanding system requirements!

Do not kill the story at the end, leave a space for further sequels! UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME, just as long it's Kate Walker and her quests. It's like watching a good adventure movie, but with you participating in it.

And last, but no least, show her in swimming suit or underwear. :stress:

Sirg wrote:- More clothing choices for Kate

I agree to that! :sisi: And different clothing for different weather/environment conditions would be so much refreshing.
Balts
Youki

Postby wisnoskij » Fri 23 Apr 2010 17:20

Well most of what wish for so to stay true to the spirit of Syberia.

The same voice actor for Kate Walker, she did an amazing job (and always does). It would not be a Syberia game without her voice to me.

The amazing inventions.

The fantastic locals.

And the adventure, traveling long distances and going to new places.

More of that amazing music that really set the mood of the game for me.

Some more engaging puzzles.

What I definably do not need:
Full 3D/other special effects.
Non-linear (It can be good, but if done wrong just takes away from the experience)
wisnoskij
Youki

Postby Volarberg » Wed 28 Apr 2010 11:52

Balts wrote:I hope to see things in her inventory, that will not necessary be used for the main plot.

I think this is something I want, because you will not be sure that a thing is usefull for her.

So it will be more difficult for Kate to underestand what thing to use.
It will not make you stuck but it will make you thing more about the enviroment and things that are available!
Volarberg
Youki

Postby wisnoskij » Thu 29 Apr 2010 13:05

Balts wrote:I hope to see things in her inventory, that will not necessary be used for the main plot.

Just finished playing Runaway 3 A Twist of Fate and it had items that you could pick up and not use. I think it added a lot to the game.

So that would be sweet to have in Syberia III.
wisnoskij
Youki

Postby juky » Thu 6 May 2010 06:26

Pifou wrote:
NiniendoLeibowitz wrote:I hope Microids and Benoit Sokal produce a great game first and foremost... but I'd be delighted if some of our ideas make it here. :)

Yes, i do hope Mr Benoit Sokal to understand Syberia's fans are waiting for a long time for Syb III instead of poor "Paradise" or other medium range games like "Lost Island"...

So much wasted time for nothing... pfff...

Today, i must say I'm not sure to be Syberia fan again... too much time wasted, too much money for nothing... :roll:

Right! Should handle more than Syberia And this site! Could add more pictures, more music (and not necessarily for download) ...
juky
Youki

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Syberia III