Syberia 1 Graphic Error

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia 1 Graphic Error

Postby papajo » Tue 28 Apr 2009 13:06

Hello everybody,

Yesterday i installed Syberia 1 for the first time. I started a new game, everything was ok (looks like a great game!) but then i noticed the following strange thing: every once in a while there was something appearing and disappearing very quickly (split second), maybe an object, i can't really tell...This was happening irregularly and not in the same spots in the screen. One thing is sure: it's very annoying and it takes all the fun of the game... :evil:

My PC is not that old (i bought it a year ago), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, NVidia 8600GT, Windows XP SP3. I also have installed the Syberia SP3.

I saw another topic in the forum ("Syberia 1 Graffic Errors" by RookieOne) but it didn't really helped. In fact, it put me in thoughts about my graphic card, as those guys had similar ones with me...

Anyway, i tried lowering the performance of my graphic card, running in combatibility mode (not only for Windows 2000), lowering the quality and turning off anti-aliasing from inside the game, even uninstalling-cleaning-defragmenting-reinstalling and doing all these above again, but nothing...

I don't know what else to do to play this game, so any help would be more than appreciated.

PS1: That's the only adventure game has even been installed on my PC...
PS2: I guess i'll roll back to FPS-RPG-RTSs...
PS3: "Father...I want to believe, but the Devil :twisted: doesn't leave me..." :nono:
papajo
Youki

Re: Syberia 1 Graphic Error

Postby papajo » Tue 28 Apr 2009 13:53

Here is a picture i found in the web, that's exactly the problem...

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2469/sbpfy1.jpg

Imagine this happening, but very quickly...
papajo
Youki

Postby Pifou » Wed 29 Apr 2009 19:48

Hi papajo,

What version of Directx are you using ?...

++
pif ;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby papajo » Thu 30 Apr 2009 08:30

I have Directx 9.0c
papajo
Youki

Postby Pifou » Thu 30 Apr 2009 19:44

papajo wrote:My PC is not that old (i bought it a year ago), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, NVidia 8600GT, Windows XP SP3. I also have installed the Syberia SP3.

Frankly papajo, i believe the problem is not with your pc...
I think the problem is with your video card NVidia 8600GT...
From my own experience, i've already seen (on other hard gamers forums) that NVidia 8600GT could causes a lot of problems to gamers...

Try to play the game on another computer if you can... i must recognize it's not a very good solution because changing its video card is very expensive...

++
pif ;)
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Esie » Wed 13 Oct 2010 02:43

hello,..'''
Pifou...thanks for giving us the info..!!
it works..btw i am new in this site..
thanks again,

cheers.,,
how to deal with depression
Esie
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support