Syberia 3 :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia 3 :)

Postby White » Fri 17 Apr 2009 19:51

Wow. I'm happy and I'm scared. I never expected my favorite games to get a sequel.

To me, it always felt like the story ended just beautifully and it didn't need to say anything more. So I hope this third part won't feel tucked on. But screw doubt. Today I celebrate. :D

Good luck to everyone involved in the project !
White
Youki

Re: Syberia 3 :)

Postby White » Fri 17 Apr 2009 20:15

http://www.microids.com/en/press/28/mic ... -ps3-.html

I've just read that and I'm concerned that Syberia 3 won't be the Syberia I know and love. A few things sound terribly dubious:

"Syberia 3, the new episode in the adventures of Kate Walker, actually allows those playing on PC and those playing on PS3 to collaborate online."

Ok, nothing wrong with that, but...

"Only PS3 players who have collaborated with PC players, and vice versa, will be able to accompany Kate to the end of the adventure."

Now that's rather stupid. This isn't a single player adventure game anymore ? I just hope this segment's been badly translated from french.

"Syberia 3 will be entirely in real time 3D and will be released on PS3 and PC in June 2010."

Entirely 3D means no more artistic backgrounds :( But I trust Microids to match the first two games' beauty even in 3D.
And I'm dying to hear some clarification on the online part of the game. It's very strange and unexpected.
White
Youki

Re: Syberia 3 :)

Postby Xibx » Mon 20 Apr 2009 15:50

White wrote:http://www.microids.com/en/press/28/microids-launches-syberia-3-on-ps3-.html

"Only PS3 players who have collaborated with PC players, and vice versa, will be able to accompany Kate to the end of the adventure."

Now that's rather stupid. This isn't a single player adventure game anymore ? I just hope this segment's been badly translated from french.

Stupid indeed, sir. Adventure games should always be single player experience. I do hope they fix this absurdity.

"Syberia 3 will be entirely in real time 3D and will be released on PS3 and PC in June 2010."

Entirely 3D means no more artistic backgrounds :( But I trust Microids to match the first two games' beauty even in 3D.

I don't know much about game designs, but I think it would be just as beautiful as the previous Syberia. Think of 'Dreamfall' with a shader model 3.0.
Xibx
Youki

Return to EN - Syberia III