[Solved] Syberia II on eeePC

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

[Solved] Syberia II on eeePC

Postby Lorana » Tue 3 Mar 2009 22:54

Hi there! I successfully installed Syberia I and II on my eeePC after downloading and paying them at the Microids website.

I played Syberia I on my eeePC and got a lot of fun with it.
I wanted to play Syberia II, but ...

When I start Syberia II, a small XP window comes out, asking me to insert the first disc (?). As the game was installed on the SD card together with Syberia I (which worked perfectly), any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Lorana
Lorana
Youki

Re: Syberia II on eeePC

Postby doomer » Wed 4 Mar 2009 08:01

First, what is an eeepc? And second, you install it into a hard drive, not an SD card.
doomer
Youki

Postby Lorana » Wed 4 Mar 2009 09:39

Well, you know, there is no hard disk on eeePC - just google it and you see which kind of pc it is. There's a 4GB SSD and a whatever-you-like SD card slot. So, I installed the package Syberia I-II on the 16GB SD card. Syberia I worked. Syberia II got installed but it doesn't run.

Any idea,
Thanks a lot.
Lorana
Lorana
Youki

Postby doomer » Wed 4 Mar 2009 17:31

Do you have a PC? ;)

Well, seriously now, Syberia games weren't originally designed for eeePCs, as is usually stated in the readme files. Hm, they don't even run okay on laptops, let alone eee. Do you by any chance have a regular PC to install the game onto? As I am unable to test the installation process, that is my first idea that comes to mind.
doomer
Youki

Postby Lorana » Thu 5 Mar 2009 12:29

Surprise, I 've also a desktop PC :wink:

Of course I can try to play it on my desktop. I will give it a try at least to check if the files I downloaded from the Microids (Gamespot) website work properly.

However, as I travel often by train, having adventures on my eeePC makes the trip really nicer.

I enjoyed Syberia1 and The Longest Journey on my eeePC without problems. That's why I thought it is not a eeePC problem, but a Syberia2 problem.

Cheers,

Lorana
Lorana
Youki

Postby Pifou » Thu 5 Mar 2009 20:40

Hi Lorana,

Try to install Syberia II on an external USB hard drive...
you can get a small one 2.5" with 150 or 200 Gb inside for not so much money today...
i mean --> 4Gb SSD (even 16) is very short space to install 3D games in addition to the Operating System...

++
pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Lorana » Sat 7 Mar 2009 12:48

Hi Pif and doomer.

I installed the same package Syberia1+2 on my desktop ... and it works. I can play Syberia2 on my desktop. So, this is the good news.

However, I am sad I cannot play Syberia2 on my eeePC: it would have been nice to play it "on the move".

For the external HD: Until now 20GB of internal flash memory worked perfectly. Xp, Syberia1 and 2, Amiga emulator with games, Office, Photoshop and additional games - and still 5 GB free.

If I've to plug an external HD to my small eeePC, battery consumption will be higher and portability will suffer, so I do not have the need to buy it.

Thanks - and if you find somebody who managed to play Syberia2 on eeePC - please let me know :)
Lorana
Youki

Postby Pifou » Sat 7 Mar 2009 13:06

Very interesting problem Lorana, Image

Let me think about your prob and i will come back to you asap if i have some suitable information for you...

++
pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Overmann » Sun 8 Mar 2009 13:38

I've only tried the Syberia 2 demo on my netbook and it works fine, but obviously that does not require a CD - and my netbook needs no SD since it has 160GB HDD for what it counts.

Maybe you can try to use a so-called "no CD fix" for fair use.

Or try to contact Microids support from their digital shop :/
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby Lorana » Tue 10 Mar 2009 21:31

Hi Overmann. Thanks for the help, but what is a "no-CD fix"? Is it a patch? Where can I find it? Microids support is very kind and they're trying to understand if I miss divers or whatever in my system.

Cheers,
Lorana
Lorana
Youki

Postby Lorana » Tue 10 Mar 2009 21:40

THANK YOU Overmann!!!

I googled for no-cd-fix syberia2.
I extracted the Syberi2.exe file with the no-CD-fix in the Syberia2 directory...

... and it works!!!!!

Why Microids didn't put this no-cd-fix already in the CD??? Do you always need a CD reader attached to the PC to play it??? No cd reader with my eeepc ... this was maybe the problem.

Well, I go to play, now :)

Thanks a lot!!!
Lorana
Lorana
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support