[Solved] Problems in Syberia 2

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

[Solved] Problems in Syberia 2

Postby dreamingwolf » Fri 28 Nov 2008 21:18

I'd bought the Collectors Edition of Syberia, and I must say, I love the Syberia games. However, while playing the Syberia 2, I have encountered a problem I seem to not be able to resolve: in the part where I am supposed to fill the flask with the water, hanging it on to the hook, after clicking the flask to hang it on the hook, it's not possible to hang it at all - the sign keeps showing me that this is not possible. I tried several times, without any results. I have even tried to start anew from the previously saved game, again, the same problem encountered. Thus I am stuck in the game, not knowing how to proceed - as in the cave, where I should insert the cork and then the flask filled with water - I can't proceed, because my flask is empty...

My girl-friend, who has bought her own copy of the game and enthusiastically played the Syberia 1 to its successful end, now has a problem in Syberia 2, too. She told me, after she started playing the game, when entered the general store the game got frozen. She tried to reinstall the whole game but encounters the same freezing problem in the game over and over. Is there any way to resolve our problems, please?

The technical parametres of her notebook: intel celeron, 1.6 GHz, 533Mhz, FSB, 1MB, 512 MB DDR2 with Direct 9c...
dreamingwolf
Youki

Re: Problems in Syberia 2

Postby gail » Sat 29 Nov 2008 14:42

Welcome Dreamingwolf.

You removed the flask from the middle of the apparatus. You then tried to place the empty flask on the hook found in the piece of wood on the upper right and it would not stay? If so, I've never heard of anyone having this problem before and you won't be able to lower the flask to fill it with water. :-/ Hope tech support can help you. I remember trying to hook it to the wrong area.

Has your girlfriend tried playing Syberia2 using compatibility mode?
http://www.syberia-series.com/en/tech-support-syberia-les-aventures-de-kate-walker.html
There also is a comment area there that might alert tech support too. Good luck to both of you.
gail
Site Admin

Postby dreamingwolf » Sat 29 Nov 2008 20:37

Hello Gail, thanx for your prompt answer. Yes, I tried to hang the flask onto the upper right part of the piece of wood (kind of a handle), but as I say, the small thing that usually indicates things should be put somewhere was "crossed", that means it indicated I was unable to hang the flask, as it really turned out to be true.

No, my girl-friend hasn't tried the compatibilty mode; not me neither her knew there was something like compatibility mode in the game at all! So, we will have a look and try... Thanx very much for your suggestions again.
dreamingwolf
Youki

Postby Pifou » Sun 30 Nov 2008 13:23

Hi dreamingwolf and welcome,

Try this savegame...
it's just after filling the water into the flask...

Give one of your own saves to your girlfriend, she would be able to continue the game...

++
pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby dreamingwolf » Sun 30 Nov 2008 16:45

Hi Pifou and thanx for the savegame. Yep, giving my girl-friend some of my own saves for her to be able to proceed further in the game is an EXCELLENT idea! 8) Thanx a lot for this inspiration.
dreamingwolf
Youki

Postby Pifou » Sun 30 Nov 2008 18:17

all my pleasure,

just enjoy this fabulous game and come back to us anytime you want mate...

:D
pif
Pifou
Shaman

Return to EN - Technical Support