Microïds acquires the Cryo catalogue and brands

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Microïds acquires the Cryo catalogue and brands

Postby doomer » Sat 22 Nov 2008 13:35

Greetings everyone.

I have just visited the updated Microïds website again, and well, it has really been updated.

Seems Microïds have acquired the license to offer Cryo's games, and, needless to say, being a long time Cryo fan, I was very pleasantly surprised. I have to admit that there are some nice deals to be had there.

More on that news item can be read here.

I would like to suggest that unlimited installations of a game that has been digitally purchased be allowed. In contrast to Steam, for instance, Microïds' online store policy is a bit on the restrictive side. What I mean is that a game can be installed only 3 times, and if one decides to install their original digital purchased copy on a fourth computer, Customer Support has to be contacted. That does not mean that the service is not favourable. As a matter of fact, I am already considering making a purchase from there, because the games' list looks really appetizing.

In addition, I was also disappointed by the lack of Retail Box offerings. I know that eliminating real post hassles might look like a bonus at first glance, but maybe introducing those items can be considered in the future. Nothing beats a quality retail cardboard collector's edition of a top game.

In the end, I think it is only right to express my gratitute to Microïds for restoring and enhancing their magnificent website, and the Syberia forums as well.

Thank you, Microïds, for fortifying the spirit of an adventurer in me.

And keep up the good work!
doomer
Youki

Return to EN - Games Related