I'm back!

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Re: I'm back!

Postby phil1908 » Thu 5 Jun 2008 10:16

even from time to time its' too much, I'm sure you prefer that than nothing...
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Thu 5 Jun 2008 18:20

I haven't decided that yet Pif..

Every time I hear a new noise , I get..'zapped' with some volts , as my brain is learning to hear a new way..and it's way too distorted to know what I'm hearing half the time.

all this zapping leaves me tired and drowsy ,and with no energy to do anything except eating..or sleeping..This afternoon luckily had an zapping reprieve for some weird reason ( maybe I'm finally getting used to it ) and managed to do some whirlwind cleaning before I lost my energy again. Apartment's was a total mess..dusted tidied and made some jobs around. My mother vacuumed and all day was doing the summer jobs ( washing drying and storing the carpets etc ) and a lot of the heavy duty jobs. Now I'm supposed to mop up and download the summer shoes from the attic ( At my shoe case I still have the winter boots etc :shock: and when I'm out I wear some winter ballerina flats which are a bit too warm..it's 30 celsius outside ) and Iron out all the dried clothes.. :? plus the winter shoes need cleaning etc before I store them in the attic..I need also to find the carpet bags to store the carpets..they've gone missing..

As for new sounds..I can hear the clinking of the spoon when mother stirs her coffee..it serves me with an healthy zap too.. :mrgreen:
Vivie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Tue 10 Jun 2008 13:42

Pifou
Shaman

Postby Vivie » Sat 14 Jun 2008 23:51

Hello there!!

Been busy as I was sick with tinnitus..this occurs oftentimes after CI surgery so I kind of expected it..went for some adjustments on my BTE and I feel loads better now!!I also am able to hear a lot more things!! Been busy with finals...they're starting next week! :-|

Pif what's that ?
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Wed 18 Jun 2008 19:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-zqKUoFNkk

Watch... :prr:

edit: I made it available :wink: phil
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Sun 22 Jun 2008 16:30

What an interesting video, Vivie. Thanks for the link.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Sat 6 Sep 2008 10:39

:hello: Hiiii!!!

I've been soooo busy!! :oops:

CI-wise , I'm feeling other days perfect and other pretty cranky..I'm no patient with it! I can hear only the high freq's b/c my brain has never heard them...and I can't hear the low's...

Most of the summer I've been busy with Auditory Verbal Therapy..AVT for short! Twice a week..I also have been training with Rosetta Stone program.. :lol:

I also started an English blog , so if anyone wants to learn more often my news and whatnot , it'll be better to visit there!

http://greek-ci.blogspot.com/

:mrgreen:

Also the summer , I've been busy with my favourite cousin's wedding!! it was terrific!! She also has today her birthday..

As for me, kids are starting school this Thursday , and as usual , it's me that I have to organise everything..from my AVT , to their looking after their duties..In short , I'm run off my feet..again!

I also have been looking around for a lot of things regarding CI ..so I'm sorry that I can't manage to log in more often here..

and also YAY! for the new forum!!

See you around!
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Sat 6 Sep 2008 15:53

Welcome back, Vivie! Will you be able to hear lower frequencies over time?

You'll be all ready to help your own kids get ready for school one day.
It's kind of you to always help your friend out.
:D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Vivie » Sat 6 Sep 2008 19:52

Hey Gail!

Yeah , over time I will be able..I've already started hearing some , but I've lost some progress..seems that I'm progressing only after some intensive AVT ...so I'm eager to start again after the month hiatus ( AVT Trainers need their holidays too!! :mrgreen: ) next Tuesday and counting!

Tinnitus is also back :evil:

Kids are always excited to see me to come and sort things out after a long summer without me ( they're always camped off at their grandmothers for the summer who incidentally lives 30 minutes from my birthplace :shock: and I can't visit there b/c there are no bus service and I don't drive :twisted: )

Next Tuesday I have my first fall AVT lesson , and next Thursday is the start of school..no bags ! will be the starting ceremony..Friday will be taking books..and next monday they start as usual!

Also Theo got an PC , and she got all my games :rotfl: and is playing! She also learnt to install and use MSN and we're talking almost every day and night..much to her parents' dismay! :rotfl: :patpat: She definitely has been influenced from me!! :patpat:
Vivie
VIP

Postby Pifou » Sun 7 Sep 2008 10:56

Would you like to add your blog to the list Vivie ?...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145

Cheers
:wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Vivie » Sun 7 Sep 2008 17:00

Yeah add it..the old one got deleted in the proccess.. :roll: lol..
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Mon 15 Sep 2008 08:45

Hello there!

First of all , I'm really happy that Selina got back! :mrgreen: missed her!

On news , Theo had quite a boring first day..they had only the starting ceremony and then most kids waited and waited till they were called for the books..2 to 3 hours! and she was loaded with a total of almost thirty books!! :roll: Middle school has a heavy schoolbag for sure..

Her little sister started 1st grade , had the first two days with orientation and today I brought her to school for her first real day..We bought her supplies..they were quite a lot!!

For me , AVT training goes great , and the AVT teacher said that if I keep to it , I'll probably graduate early as I seem to be relentless...But I'm due to a mapping..so this week I'll get a mapping appt .

and the sounds this weekend were quite a feast..the fair I brought Theo yesterday , was raving for me..quite an experience..although at the most dangerous rides ( for losing the CI I mean ) I always tucked it away to my bag.Got quite a lot of pics ( will show later after I've uploaded them ) and had a good weekend...Oh and I heard an ambulance too..full throttle..I had the urge to remove the CI and Theo had the urge to stuff her fingers down in her ears..LOL

Today the weather is dreary and just for staying inside :sisi:
Vivie
VIP

Postby Vivie » Tue 25 Nov 2008 04:51

:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

Haven't wrote in quite a long time..wow almost two months!!

Christmas are closing , in few weeks they'll be on our doorstep!!

CI-wise , I am progressing! :mrgreen:

On my real life..I've been running up walls , and it frustrates me.. :twisted: well that IS life :roll:

Kids are okay , going great at school , made friends , they don't need me anymore.. :lol:

Theo's parents stopped her from the internet , as she had gotten her grades slipping ..and it made her better..

I will be back with some christmas pictures ( I don't have any recent , my camera was stolen last week :( )
Vivie
VIP

Postby gail » Tue 25 Nov 2008 11:48

Hey Vivie :hello:

Speaking of Christmas... we already have the snow. :D
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Tue 25 Nov 2008 20:41

yeah, the same here in france... big snow since 2 days... :D

my parents come from Paris next week for "christmas markets" where i live here in Alsace...

maybe i can post some good pics...

:wink:
pif
Pifou
Shaman

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Off topic madness!