S1 - Freezing

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

S1 - Freezing

Postby Rupert » Sun 24 Jan 2010 23:10

I played this game quite a few years ago. LOVED IT. stupidly traded it for another game.

recently, i downloaded it because i wanted to play it again.

there was one problem off the bat. it was unbelievably slow. movments, loading .. everything. but then i downloaded a patch for that and it worked ... yay.

i continued playing and then i got to the point where she had to meet with that rather pudgy man about the building and all of a sudden it just stops and starts ... freezes ... starts for 0.0001 second and stops again .... freezes and so on and so forth.

what is wrong with my game ? :evil:
is it because it's a downloaded version?
Rupert
Youki

Re: S1 - Freezing

Postby Pifou » Wed 27 Jan 2010 22:01

Hi Rupert & Welcome
Rupert wrote:i got to the point where she had to meet with that rather pudgy man about the building...

i think you're talking about Syb 1 but i don't know where you are exactly in the game... pls give me more information... --> i will send you a savegame just after...

Otherwise, clean your pc, temporary files and defrag... what OS are you running ?

++
pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Rupert » Wed 27 Jan 2010 23:47

ya, it's syberia 1 i'm talkin' about.
ha, excuse my lack of description. :lol:
it's the notary guy, in valadilene. the man she talks to about the factory once she finds out that anna is dead. i have no clue what his name is ... =S

it can't be my computer b/c my dad defrags like crazy b/c he does most of his work on the same computer. .... and ... er... OS? laymans terms, please? ... i know few terms =P

i actually just bought syberia on ebay yesterday. i really hope it works. o my word. ... but thank for the advice ... / help :)
Rupert
Youki

Postby Rupert » Fri 29 Jan 2010 18:26

ok so maybe i lied.
i got the copy of syberia that i ordered, today and the exact same thing happens in the exact same spot.

i might need that savedgame after all ... sorry :(

but it has to be my computer right? ... not the game.

i'm just going to run it and see what happens. see if that works.
Rupert
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support