I have a question about my mouse.

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

I have a question about my mouse.

Postby Silver Cougar » Sun 22 Jan 2006 04:05

I have a wireless mouse and tonight while I was in my room I acidentally dropped it on the floor and when I looked to see if everything was ok, the thing was blinking and everything but I wasn't able to move the curser or right or left click. then I tried to open up the mouse and saw nothing wrong (I thought). I then closed it back up and then tried pushing the button on the wireless device (don't know what it's called), and that made the mouse work again. Now my question is that if I took out this tiny little metal part of the mouse that makes the third button of the mouse (the wheel for scrolling up and down) make noise when you scroll up and down will the mouse work correctly? Is is nesseccary to have that part in there and is it neccessary for that button to make noise? Help is really appreciated and I give you my gratitude. :( :? :cry: :oops: :P
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Postby phil1908 » Sun 22 Jan 2006 07:53

by me, the 3d button doesn't make any noise :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun 22 Jan 2006 19:56

hmm,yes without this metal part mouse is useless...in fact the only thing which you can do is feed it to the cat :P

anywya now seriously thi part is notreally necessarry but it gives you more feel, especially when playing (and you have to swith weapons) just try to put it back again.
there is those mice where wheel is absolutely smooth when you spin and i hate them so much.
David
VIP

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Sun 22 Jan 2006 23:43

David is right, I guess.

Mousewheel's resistance level is probably by this piece. It gives you a better feel, like in Splinter Cell where you can fully control how quick Sam can walk.

Not an essential piece for the mouse to work. Maybe, when you dropped the mouse, the metal piece grounded your mouse and made it stop working until you reassembled it.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby Silver Cougar » Mon 23 Jan 2006 02:30

Well I've played some of the games I have and used some of the other software on my PC and the thing works fine with piece out. And I wouldn't even dare putting it back in out of fear of further damaging the rest of the mouse. But you guys are right though. But in reality I have really experienced any problems with this button without having the piece in there. I hardly use the third button in my PC games except for scrolling up and down when reading something. :wink: :lol: Thanks for your help. :D
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth is it to have a thankless child?" -William Shakespeare
Silver Cougar
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support