Syberia II-Spoken Dialogue is Cut Off

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia II-Spoken Dialogue is Cut Off

Postby philthethrill » Fri 9 Sep 2016 08:02

I bought Syberia II from gog.com and I started playing it today. For some reason the spoken dialogue is cut off. When I click on something like Hans's cylinder, Kate talks about it but never finishes the sentence. She says, "Hans's cylinder. It's something that", and she stops right there. The subtitles disappear at that time too. Any suggestions?
philthethrill
Youki

Re: Syberia II-Spoken Dialogue is Cut Off

Postby Loty Borodine » Fri 9 Sep 2016 16:43

It happens in all dialogues or just in some? It prevents you from continuing the game?

It could be a bug, try restarting the game ... or if it happens yet try to reinstall it
- Everything I have designed, all that I have invented! Everything! Is for her -
Loty Borodine
Automaton

Postby philthethrill » Sun 11 Sep 2016 02:08

It happens in some of the dialogues, but it doesn't prevent me from continuing the game. I reinstalled the game but it doesn't solve the problem.
philthethrill
Youki

Postby TrickyTrent » Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:18

Just had this same problem and have found the solution.
The problem is in the game processing too many FPS.

1) Start Nvidia settings and add game.exe to the 3D settings tool. (This is needed because the Inspector tool only judges based on the executable's name, and "game.exe" is used by many games. Adding it from Nvidia settings generates a profile using the full path.)
2) Download the inspector. As of now, the link is here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvi ... nload.html
3) Start "nvidiaProfileInspector.exe".
3.5) If you're taken to the monitoring window that shows the BIOS version, Device ID, Temperature, etc... Clikc on the little "tools" icon on "Driver Version".
4) From the "home" icon at the top (In between "profiles" and the "refresh" icon) Click the drop down arrow on the home button, select the profile of the game- NOTE: YOU WILL WANT GAME.EXE NOT SYBERIA2.EXE
5) In the "Frame Rate Limiter" setting, select a value of about 60fps.
6) Click "Apply changes" at the top.
TrickyTrent
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support