Syberia II - cannot save game on Mac

All technical issues here please :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Syberia II - cannot save game on Mac

Postby artemyst » Sat 19 Mar 2016 17:07

I'm playing Syberia II on a Mac. I downloaded this game through Steam and there is no "save" option. I have to rely on autosaves and pick up wherever the last save was. On the main menu there is a blank bar between "Help and options" and "Bonus". I uninstalled & reinstalled and it didn't help. I also cannot run the game outside of Steam (even the desktop icon opens the game through Steam) - I don't know if that has to do with this or not, maybe a red herring, but it's clearly not installed correctly.
Thanks for any help.
artemyst
Youki

Re: Syberia II - cannot save game on Mac

Postby phil1908 » Sun 20 Mar 2016 19:33

I think the best solution would be to take contact with http://www.syberia.microids.com/

they are more able to see your problems with Mac

A+
phil1908
Site Admin

Re: Syberia II - cannot save game on Mac

Postby orbitsoldier » Tue 5 Sep 2017 04:00

I have the same problem. I started playing Syberia II Collector's Edition on OS X. It has no 'Save Game' option in any of the menus, and it is impossible to Alt-Tab out of the game to use other programs.

When I played Syberia I, it autosaved whenever you left the game.

Syberia II is not auto-saving. I even lose my progress when I go to the "Menu" and then immediately choose "Continue"!

I found the save game file in
~/Library/Containers/com.microids.syberia2.univ/Data/Library/Application Support/Syberia 2/save.xml
Giving it looser permissions did not help.
orbitsoldier
Youki

Return to EN - Technical Support