Cinema

Forum games, funny talk and general crazyness :)

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Cinema

Postby Pifou » Mon 2 Apr 2007 22:09

have you seen "The Collision" ?...

it's a great beautiful moment of respect between human being...
hmm... i love this kind of movie so much...
:wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Ante » Tue 3 Apr 2007 07:30

I'm waiting to see the film The Fountain (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/) from the director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream - Darren Aronofsky.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Thu 5 Apr 2007 11:21

Another title I want to see is Inland Empire (because it's a David Lynch movie and my fav nude model Masuimi Max has a small role there.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Overmann » Sun 8 Apr 2007 16:22

I've seen them both Ante...

Just once, obviously at the cinema.

I did not get a lot out of them, and I'm not the type of person who runs on the Internet looking for explanations before having had the chance to get a second vision, so...

The Fountain could be a good movie imo if the interpretation I gave to the film is correct (but I need to see it again), but still nothing exceptional.

Inland Empire, well, probably needs a long post...
Here in Italy the movie has been badly distributed, just 25 cinemas around all the Country could offer the film... fortunately I live near the centre of Milan :P but I was in a period of university exams [the ones which go bad] so I could neither see the movie twice nor enjoying it as I should have done.
By the way...
I'm a great fan of some of David Lynch's most controversial works, I guess Lost Highway is my favourite movie of all times and Fire Walk With Me is not that worse. But I found Inland Empire too much slow-paced and tedious. I could not get interested in the characters and their matters, and I often yawned since lots of scenes were really boring - like people who talk talk talk of something that you cannot "obviously" understand. I mean, I really like some *visual* surrealistic works, like Lynch's first films (the Alphabet, the Grandmother, Eraserhead), but I can't appreciate that much the *non visual* surrealistic flicks like Rabbits that, ok, has got talking rabbits but the complexity is much more concentrated on the dialogues. (Ironically, I liked Darkened Room). Inland Empire belongs to this second category, with few visual effects and lots of intiguing (?) dialogues.
Being a three hours movie doesn't help it to gain interest.

I'm not really saying it's crap or something, I'll probably buy the DVD because I need and I want to watch it again... it has got some beautiful things also, aspects that I appreciated... but I don't think I'll ever like it as much as I liked LH or MD.

Both movies (The Fountain and IE) surely need a second vision, they can be quite frustrating to watch in theaters... :?

@Pifou: what film is "The Collision"? I can't find it on IMDb :shock:
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Tue 25 Sep 2007 16:47

Ante wrote:I'm waiting to see the film The Fountain (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/) from the director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream - Darren Aronofsky.

I've seen both but didn't until now know that either of the movies was made by the same director... Interesting, for they're quite different. I enjoyed Pi more, though.
I googled Masuimi Max and now I understand why she's your favourite nude model, Ante. :wink:
Sunich
VIP

Postby Pifou » Fri 28 Sep 2007 18:15

Overmann wrote:@Pifou: what film is "The Collision"? I can't find it on IMDb :shock:

am sorry... i made a mistake... :?

Original title is "Crash" by realisator Paul Haggis
with :
Sandra Bullock
Don Cheadle
Matt Dillon
Jennifer Esposito
William Fichtner
Brendan Fraser
etc...

This painting of today's composition of America is really a great film... :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Return to EN - Off topic madness!