Paradise

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Re: Paradise

Postby wisnoskij » Thu 29 Apr 2010 13:26

I found it so boring and buggy, I just could not play it all the way though.

but after reading some of these comments maybe I should give it another try.
wisnoskij
Youki

Postby Sunich » Fri 30 Apr 2010 06:57

I believe you should
Sunich
VIP

Postby wisnoskij » Wed 15 Jun 2011 21:33

Finished playing this game a while ago and it is truly fantastic and the new Syberia is a more then fair claim. Not that it is clone at all it is very unique.

Here is my review of the game (with instructions on how to get it working on a new system and get past the bugs) http://wisnoskij.blogspot.com/2011/04/paradise-benoit-sokal.html

I have heard that he released a series of comics about the games story, anyone know if there are any English versions of these? You would think Sokal must have enough fans for one of them to produce a unofficial translation if nothing else.
wisnoskij
Youki

Postby Sunich » Mon 20 Jun 2011 08:55

None that I know of. :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby geosouv » Sat 22 Jun 2013 16:49

I finished Paradise a few days ago. Its a truly beautiful game. The plot is very good, original and deeply psychological. This game is about a tragedy taking place in Africa so the ending is a difficult one but not so abrupt if you think about it afterwards. Characters and dialogs are very well done and the game manages to convey strong emotions.

The only real problem with the game is that it doesn't captivate the player's interest from the beginning meaning you will have to be patient with the first world/area of the game because it is a bit boring. But if you reach the second world and beyond the game keeps being interesting.

Graphics are good but feel unpolished most of the times. Music is interesting but not as great as Syberia's music. The game is a lot harder than Syberia 2 but the puzzles are logical. This game is much more realistic compared to the poetic Syberia, but there is a feeling of surrealism in the air. You will also see machines that will remind you a lot of Syberia's automatons and you will also see weird non-existing animals. So the game has a lot in common with Syberia.

The only complaint I have with the game is that it includes a lot of pixel hunting. Before you play the game make sure you download patch v. 1.1.1 because the game is buggy and problematic in the original version. Do not download patch v. 1.1.3 unless you know how to apply a no-cd patch and where to get one.

Patch v. 1.1.3 uses starforce copy protection program that makes legitimate users unable to start the game. Also, it would help if you turned animated cursors off from the options menu. The game is fully compatible with windows vista/7 64-bit. If you are a follower of Sokal's previous games you will also like Paradise.

Overall I give it a mark of 8/10. Have fun!
Last edited by geosouv on Fri 13 Nov 2015 18:14, edited 2 times in total.
It's all about the story, the atmosphere, the music, the characters, the dialogs
adventurades.blogspot.gr/
bookhobby.blogspot.com/
dvdsandpopcorn.blogspot.com/
ultratechproducts.blogspot.com/
https://www.patreon.com/adventurades
geosouv
Youki

Postby Sunich » Tue 25 Jun 2013 08:25

Good review, totally agree.
Sunich
VIP

Postby geosouv » Tue 25 Jun 2013 15:49

Thank you Sunich!
It's all about the story, the atmosphere, the music, the characters, the dialogs
adventurades.blogspot.gr/
bookhobby.blogspot.com/
dvdsandpopcorn.blogspot.com/
ultratechproducts.blogspot.com/
https://www.patreon.com/adventurades
geosouv
Youki

Previous

Return to EN - Games Related