Where would you like to adventure?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Where would you like to adventure?

Postby Ante » Sun 19 Feb 2006 18:46

Hello

This is something I've wanted to ask you for a some time already.

So, you've played a number of adventure games so far. If it were up to you where would you like to adventure and with what kind of protagonist? For example I don't have such an imagination as the creators of Grim Fandango - who would've thought that you could be a dead travel agent and adventure in the eighth underworld.

I would like to adventure in complitely surreal environments - resembling our world but still so that you have a feeling that something is not right. The protagonist would be a human (man or woman) but in different ages - at one stage you could be a child or your late 70's or a teenager at the worst years of puberty. The places could be the same, home, school and some other key locations in protagonists life. Only the time would different. The story would take place sometime between 1920's to 2000.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Sun 19 Feb 2006 20:26

Very different locations in a game would appeal to me: a tropical island, the outback of Australia, a dense forest village, an African jungle, snow-covered landscape etc.

So many different cultures and forms of transportation could be experienced by the protagonist.
gail
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Wed 22 Feb 2006 13:01

Ante, those enviroments was one important thing I found very attractive in The Longest Journey :D It was "our world but still so that you have a feeling that something is not right. " As you said.

Gail, you read my mind :D I just have to add ancient ruins and down town of a big city like New York.

*edit*
It would also be quite interesting if you would be thrown to the future and you have to learn how things are going there. And you have to do it "secretly". I mean you should act like everything was familiar to you!
I also loved the Still life-prelude (didn't finish it though :cry: )
That kind of game would nice also :)

PS. I know I would not have to write this... No action, no fast-movement things. If there are, there should be option to skip those :D In that case it would not ruin my gaming ;)
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Mon 13 Mar 2006 11:18

Senta wrote:It would also be quite interesting if you would be thrown to the future and you have to learn how things are going there. And you have to do it "secretly". I mean you should act like everything was familiar to you!

Hey, that sounds a pretty good idea too! You have The DIG? It has the elements you described above. The whole game revolves around an alien technology that human scientists are sent to investigate.

Typically the games (adventure games) that are located in future are like our world we know today. There are cars (maybe hovering ones, but still personal transportation vechicles capable of transporting 1-5 persons), telephones (mobile ones with video support), there are computers with modern user interfaces and so on. So we are rather at home in such environments. Wouldn't it be a challenge if there was totally new technologu and you'd need to a) firgure out how to operate it and b) use it to solve your problem.

I'll put this in my notebook to be used in future :)
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Mon 13 Mar 2006 22:28

Best ideas usually comes in the middle of the night...
I had to get up from bed and start computer to post this before I forget it.

In the game could be a part were you would have to feed yourself and the systems to eat could be totally different from today.
There could be somekind of an indicator (which you have to get before eating) which tells to somekind of automat what are the vitamins, minerals, calories etc. you need :D And makes the food you need, to you.

How does this sound, was it worth to get up from bed to post this? :roll:
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Ante » Tue 14 Mar 2006 08:07

Senta wrote:How does this sound, was it worth to get up from bed to post this? :roll:

Yes, it was a good idea! That could be included in the actual game as a minigame.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Thu 23 Mar 2006 15:16

That is a good thing to hear! I didn't get up in vain :lol:

You know the situation:
- you change your mobilephones ringing tone and after that you are wondering who is the stupid one who doesnt answer his/her phone in the train or bus... and it is you :oops:

Something like that came in to mind too, when I think what could happen in the game. Something is ringing and you do not know what it is?

And YES, it had happened to me :P
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Overmann » Fri 7 Apr 2006 21:08

Who knows "Sophie's world", a Jostein Gaarder's book and a Erik Gustavson movie? Well, that would be great for me if it ever comes up to be an adventure game!
In primavera, quando non sarò più un ferroviere, allora finalmente potrò piangere.
syberiaitalia.com admin
Overmann
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Tue 27 Jun 2006 07:37

How about an adventure in the big ship, middle of the ocean. That would be interesting place to play :)
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby Sunich » Thu 29 Jun 2006 12:48

there's a funny russian adventure taking place in one single room. :)
i'd like to travel to syberia (the one in russia) among other places. i love forests. :D
Sunich
VIP

Return to EN - Games Related