What have you played recently? What are you playing now?

About all kinds of video games: PC, XBOX, GC, PS2, etc.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Postby Krysie » Tue 5 Sep 2006 14:50

Ante, I beat the game. I didn't like the ending though.

Although, I've heard it has different endings. Is that true?
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby David » Tue 5 Sep 2006 21:48

Sunich wrote:my latest experience -- half life episode 1. worthwhile, well actually thoroughly enjoyable. :)

yes. good short game :) i cant wait to play episode 2, portals and team fortress.
David
VIP

Postby Sunich » Wed 6 Sep 2006 04:25

:D hehe, i knew, you'd answer that hl2 post
Sunich
VIP

Postby Ante » Sat 23 Sep 2006 07:44

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)

One good thing about sick leaves - plenty of time to play video games! This adventure rocks even though it really doesn't offer any new to Zelda saga. As the title says - link can shrink himself at certain places and discover the world from another perspective. This adds sometimes humorious twist to the gameplay since you can talk to all animals except to cats. They seems to chase you each time you're close by. Yikes.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA)

Very much like Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2. A mixture of traditional Super Mario platformer and adventure game. A separate battle scene is being triggered when you encounter an enemy. Battles are turn based but require timing (ie press either A or B button at the right spot etc.). So far this has been rather enjoyable experience.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Tue 26 Sep 2006 06:42

I'm replaying CSI- Crime Scene Investigation 8)
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby David » Wed 27 Sep 2006 14:02

recently i played 'Company of heroes'. It is a ww2 rts. Luckily its a bit different from others, since its more about fighting then biulding armies and stuff.The storyline is very typical to ww2 games. Anyway the single player campaign was fun.

other game i played is Settlers 2: the next generation. Its beasicly graphically updated version of 1996 game with few tweaks, which i think made the game a whole lot better. for once!

one game i tried but didnt liked was defcon. its weird rts type of game where you can nuke everyone..like new york, tokyo, paris and london :D Its quite fun to nuke a city and get 10 milion deaths :oops: scary!
here is screenie of how it looks:
http://www.everyone-dies.com/screenshot ... nshot4.jpg
David
VIP

Postby Ante » Thu 28 Sep 2006 06:16

David wrote:one game i tried but didnt liked was defcon. its weird rts type of game where you can nuke everyone..like new york, tokyo, paris and london :D Its quite fun to nuke a city and get 10 milion deaths :oops: scary!
here is screenie of how it looks:
http://www.everyone-dies.com/screenshot ... nshot4.jpg

Imagine this type of game being released in the 80's, during the Cold War. Maybe there were some of similiar games for C64 but I doupt it.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Fri 29 Sep 2006 15:16

Ante,
Did you decide to buy a GBA instead of the Nintendo DS?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Fri 29 Sep 2006 21:14

Yes, but I havn't abandon the idea of getting NDS which I don't have yet. Actually at the moment there are some titles that interest me a lot. Check out for example these titles:
Another Code (has different title on US markets though)
Lost in Blue

These are the ones I definitely want to try. But I'll report later.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Fri 29 Sep 2006 22:46

I've been keeping my eye on the prices for Another Code/Trace Memory. A friend played it and said the game was pretty good but it didn't last much more than five hours, which the reviews mentioned. :(

Lost in Blue looks very good too. I've ordered Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. The price finally dropped, probably because the new PW: Justice for all is coming out soon.

I played Animal Crossing:Wild World for a couple of months and used the WiFi feature a few times. (It's hard finding other ppl playing the game that I know and trust.) Now I'm playing Sprung, because it was only $8. :lol: Newer DS games start at about $29 here if you are lucky to find them. It's not too bad. It started slow but is getting more amusing the longer I play.
gail
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Sat 30 Sep 2006 09:58

I have baught a Nintendo DS for my son last Xmas

naturally, since then, I have aught adventures games for me too
1st one: another code, very interesting game to give you a nice idea of all what the DS can offer you
after that, the 1st part of Phoeniw Wright, a game full of humour
still waiting with Lost in Blue, what seems to be from an other kind

the cherry on the cake: try the Brain Training of the professor Kawashima, I do the game every day and have to say, I'm become a little bit addicted to it....
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Krysie » Wed 4 Oct 2006 03:08

I'm not playing anything but I'm very happy that Final Fantasy XII is going to be out soon!
¤Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll still land amongst the stars¤
Krysie
VIP

Postby Ante » Wed 4 Oct 2006 06:25

Krysie wrote:I'm not playing anything but I'm very happy that Final Fantasy XII is going to be out soon!

Thanks for the info! :)

I'm currently looking for a new machine. My current machine doesn't have a slot for PCI-E video card making it virtually impossible to play any new games. But once I got my hands on to the new hardware I'd like to check the Half Life 2.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Wed 25 Oct 2006 04:52

Ante, trust me, you do can play latest games with some cool AGP. PCIE is still something new. I buid computers and know something about the capabilities of good ol' AGP.
By the way, they predict a great dropdown of prices on video cards with new windows Vista release. This new generation OS will have brand new DirectX 10 which can shift the graphics to a new level, so new generation videoadapters will be created.

I've heard a lot of great words about 'company of heroes' game. Still, i don't play WW1/2 games for some strange reason.. :) pity

I'm so sorry many of you, guys don't have the posssibility to get games free of charge ilke me. :(
Sunich
VIP

Postby David » Wed 25 Oct 2006 21:19

Sunich wrote:I'm so sorry many of you, guys don't have the posssibility to get games free of charge ilke me. :(

hmm thats the only possible way to get them :D paying for the game...now thats a thing to ponder about :roll: :P

yeah once dx10 cards are out older ones should drop by quite alot i hope. Too bad i wont be able to afford dx 10 card yet...i am so eager to play Crysis or Flight Sim X :)

I got today FEAR expansion pack but didnt have time to play it yet. Studying first.
David
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to EN - Games Related